Let's talk hair removal

Hi all, I am looking for some advice. I have quite a lot of unwanted body hair and am looking for something that would take care of this problem, I also would like to be completely smooth in certain areas , and as its lockdown and I am unable to get waxed, is there anything I could use at home to get the same result?

1 Like

I use a quality 5 blade razor, King of Shaves, non foaming gel, soak in a warm bath and have no problems!

1 Like

Can this be used on more intimate areas?

Whilst not being a dermatologist I wouldnt see why you couldn’t. I use shaving foam/low irritant type and a female razor blade with zero problems. Using a beard trimmer also helps removal of the first lot of hair.
Though I do hate regrowth :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have just purchased a home waxing set from boots, it’s for sensitive skin and reviews look good.
I’m going to try it out on the hubby’s chest first - was thinking to incorporate it into bondage time, cuffs, blindfold and pain. Then make it up to him afterwards :smiling_imp:

Then I’ll get him to help me to sort my own hairs another day.

I’ve always shaved but now looking for something more permanent because shaving doesn’t last long enough and it is irritating when it grows back aswell.

2 Likes

I am currently trying Veet sensitive for Men on my pubic area. I find I have to leave it on for quite a bit longer than the suggested 5 mins which is okay for the pubic hair on my lower stomach area, but not so good for testicles as it has left them quite red and raw.

I just usually shave, Gillette Mach 3 and body wash has done the trick for years, but it does grow back quickly.

I have previously tried home based IPL, despite using as directed on max strength, it did little to curb hair growth over a 6 month period.

1 Like

Out of interest what about a home IPL machine ?

I will acknowledge that they aren’t overly cheap, so cost might be a factor. I do like @Cupc8kes home wax idea.

1 Like

Ouch to Veet, I too found it left me feeling a bit “raw” so stopped using it.

1 Like

I have a Philips IPL which I use on my arms and underarms. I am not sure how well it would work on areas like the testicles because with mine, its quite specific on the types of hairs and skin that it will work with.
(for example it wouldn’t work for ginger hair)
But for me, I have had absolutely amazing results from using it over the past few years. My arms are so smooth and hair free most of the time.
I now only do them once every 6 months.

I wouldn’t fancy using it down there though, I don’t know why.

I hope I can handle the pain from waxing :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

So much stuff on the market.

Depending how hairy and what areas. I’ve considered trying things like the veet but very mixed reviews and some horror stories.

I usually just go with mens grooming clippers to trim first then a mach 3 and a decent shaving gel.

1 Like

@HanoiRocks yup I think veet is OK for legs or chest but I would never use on such sensitive areas.

2 Likes

I veet my balls, ass and crack at least once a month and I’m genuinely surprised that people have horror stories. I use the sensitive cream, apply liberally and leave on for 10 minutes with no problems, just smooth(ish) old man balls :grin:

1 Like

The main veet one i know is an extreme one but it put me off.

As unlikely as it is i’ll fall asleep covered in veet.

Years ago a mate was asleep on the couch and his wife and daughter veet his chest and brows. No idea how long it was on but his chest was left burnt, peeling like sunburn.

1 Like

I didn’t have problems the first few times I used veet (first time didn’t have it on long enough, nor did I use enough so minimal effect anyway), it was only the last time I used it, ended up with a bit of a chemical burn at the top of my penis. I think if I applied it to my stomach area first, waited a few minutes, then applied to balls it may be better.

As for home IPL, the machines really aren’t that strong, I used the Baybliss Connect home IPL for about 6 months every 2 weeks on chest, stomach, pubic hair, testicles and gooch area. It was really only the perianal area that smarted a bit at full strength, but only for a fraction of a second with no lasting downsides. I just didn’t find it effective.

I think I stopped using it about the time I started chastity as one day I went out after a morning zapping (cage removed for that) and it felt like my balls were on fire.

1 Like

What WillC says. I shave my entire public area in the shower every day using a Gillette 5 blade razor and King of Shaves non foaming gel. I have very sensitive skin and I can’t use depilatory creams or powders as they produce actual skin burns. I’m also using an HPL device and it’s very slowly having an effect but it’s nothing like as quick as the adverts claimed.

This apparently very like veet but non burning irritating as its made for intimate areas gonna order on payday but the reviews all seem good

1 Like

@GlasgowGal That looks quite good might have to give it a go currently just use a razor in the shower.

1 Like

Yeh definitely worth a go ive used the sensitive very recently for a tidy up rather than complete removal I was a tad scared of the potential for burning :grimacing: it actually worked really well no burning in the areas I used and the regrowth hasn’t been itchy or irritated so think this is worth a try for the all gone Hollywood style

1 Like

With the last lockdown I faced the same issue and I refused to shave. I ordered some sugar wax and apply it the same way as regular wax. I found this worked really well and had virtually no pain. I even managed to do my under arms and touched up with tweezers!
You have to do some back bending for intimate areas but it works and my bf is always impressed with the results. Sugar wax and tweezers are my go to now :smiley:

I like the idea of home IPL machines so am pleased to hear it works for some.

1 Like

I have ordered some today, and is arriving tomorrow, so will give it a go on my intimate areas, will let you know if it works

3 Likes