lickable grape candle rant... grrr!

Ok so I brought this (rather excited because I like candle light & massaging my girlfriend) so what better than a nice grape smelling oil candle that I can also lick... yum.... Or not as the case may be...

This candle managed to put me in a TERRIBLE mood (not what it was meant to be doing) not only because it was sticky, smelt like calpol to start off with and after leaving a nasty "film" over my girlfriends back and bum but it smelt very similar to deep heat... what a complete turn off!

Is this what ALL the "meant to be sexy" candles are like?? Anyone else had any experiences with these?

Not tried it... but I do like the smell of Calpol.

We have a similar candle though and that feels slightly oily.

I generally work on the principle that anything which has to tell you it's "lickable", "kissable" or otherwise that you can put your mouth near it . . .probably isn't worth the effort. And generally to be body-safe they contain no sugar, which means artificial *gag* sweeteners.

I mean, if it's not food, then I just don't want it in my mouth.

(Yes, that does include Mrs Monster. Don't get me wrong - I'd hate to eat her, but, potentially, she's very nutritious . . .)

Ooo bad one there Chels although I will recommend the candle to my sister as she has a one year old baby who's teething right now!

Been tempted to try one of these massage candles as I love massage giving and receiving but am unsure!

SG x

Keep your eyes peeled, SG, there may possibly be some massage candle reviews going up in the next week or two.

Not that I know anything about anything, of course. I just have this feeling. . .

Mr Monster wrote:

Keep your eyes peeled, SG, there may possibly be some massage candle reviews going up in the next week or two.

Not that I know anything about anything, of course. I just have this feeling. . . External Media

I'll keep watch MrMo, cheers!

Loving the pic btw! It's very good.

SG

SEXYGET 69 wrote:

Yes, I think they got my best side . . . External Media

Mr Monster wrote:

SEXYGET 69 wrote:

You handsome bastard! External Media

No seriously though. . . .I thought my ex had joined the forums when I saw that pic!

Honestly I did.

SG

SEXYGET 69 wrote:

Mr Monster wrote:

SEXYGET 69 wrote:

You handsome bastard! External Media

No seriously though. . . .I thought my ex had joined the forums when I saw that pic!

Honestly I did.

SG

Let me guess - she had a "great personality", right? External Media

I haven't had one of these candles but i did get another one which i used about 4 months ago now and i still have the scar on my leg and back as to where the candle wax dripped i now steer clear of candles!

I brought the grape candle aswel! am yet to use it! I brough the watermelon one of the same range ages ago! And its ace! left my skin feeling really nice! Smely amazing and tasted great!! So maybe its just the grape???

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hey chelzsxxx you disapearedoff line

Hi Chels, i think i'll steer clear of the grape one then!

I've used these http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=19019 and they are lovely. I haven't licked them tho, so i don't know how they taste!

I'd always assumed that the "edible" candles and oils were less that you're meant to eat them and more that if you happen to go licking and sucking and generally nomming around your partner, you won't end up gagging on chemically tastes or, well, dying. But then they wouldn't usually be my thing, I've yet to even find a flavoured lube that doesn't make me feel ill from the sweet smell, never mind taste. Fussy get, me!

chels18 wrote:

Ok so I brought this (rather excited because I like candle light & massaging my girlfriend) so what better than a nice grape smelling oil candle that I can also lick... yum.... Or not as the case may be...

This candle managed to put me in a TERRIBLE mood (not what it was meant to be doing) not only because it was sticky, smelt like calpol to start off with and after leaving a nasty "film" over my girlfriends back and bum but it smelt very similar to deep heat... what a complete turn off!

Is this what ALL the "meant to be sexy" candles are like?? Anyone else had any experiences with these?

oh man i'm getting me one of those! External Media I love Calpol!

KP uses body butter that smells just like Calpol and it's amazing! External Media

I bought one of them in the sale. It smelled gorgeous. I haven't used it yet but I'm quite optimistic.

I scraped a little on my fingernails by mistake and lol, I must have looked weird- kept sniffing at it. I love it, can't wait to use it.

I think it depends on the individual's taste of smell... I can see why it can be strong for some.

xXx

DesignDude wrote:

chels18 wrote:

oh man i'm getting me one of those! External Media I love Calpol!

KP uses body butter that smells just like Calpol and it's amazing! External Media

Hehe... I mentioned how amazing that stuff was!

BashfulBabe wrote:

I'd always assumed that the "edible" candles and oils were less that you're meant to eat them and more that if you happen to go licking and sucking and generally nomming around your partner, you won't end up gagging on chemically tastes or, well, dying. External Media But then they wouldn't usually be my thing, I've yet to even find a flavoured lube that doesn't make me feel ill from the sweet smell, never mind taste. Fussy get, me!

I'm the same - masking the flavour of my partner with something overly sweet or boring flavoured? No thank you!

Adx

hehe which one is it, cos i have a feeling i just got sent it to review!

I'm unsure about massage candles too... not sure it its my thing - massage is and i do like nice smells but seems a bit risky to me.

been sent one to review though so maybe I will change my mind!!

xGHx