Lingerie, an addictive spiral?

Hellooo ^_^

Over the past year or so, I've became more and more obsessed with all things lingerie. When I say obsessed, I don't mean, 'oh I like that, I'll buy that, I'll wear it all the time', I mean I constantly think about my next lingerie purchase, what I can match it with, when I'll wear it, how I'll show my OH it, etc. Whenever I see something I like, saving it to a wishlist simply isn't enough, I need it, I need the buzz of knowing I have it. each new item gets attention for a while but it is never forgotten about, I feel best in my lingerie, it gives me a huge confidence boost. I do have an obsessive nature but it mostly lasts a few months. I was wondering if anyone else feels the same about lingerie? Is it as addictive as other addiction? What does everyone think? Xx

Yes definitely addictive!
I can't get enough!

Edit: I think it's a self confidence thing with me. I generally have very little self confidence and lingerie is about the only thing that I feel pretty and confident in.

butterflybee wrote:

Yes definitely addictive!
I can't get enough!

Edit: I think it's a self confidence thing with me. I generally have very little self confidence and lingerie is about the only thing that I feel pretty and confident in.

^^I'd say I'm the same, I only recently started building up self confidence & most if it is due to lingerie, I feel more comfortable with just lingerie on than with clothes on top x

I'm the same, but some things I buy never get worn, just looked at. In the process of starting therapy, I need to get a grip!

I've had this, and I'm a bloke, so it does grip quite hard! However, by ruthlessly focussing on quality, fit and good design, I've reduced my spending, got better undies and still been able to buy nice lingerie for Mrs P. Plus I get virtually all of my bras fitted, which is a much better experience all round.

I probably ought to say though, that one of the reasons I don't spend so much on lingerie is that I"m spending more on women's clothes generally. It is noticeable to me now that good undies make the most of relatively cheap clothes - I don't buy outerwear of equivalent quality and price as my underwear.

It's not addictive like narcotics, but it's an easy habit ti get into and hard to break - certainly hard to break quickly other than by losing all one's money.

After rediscovering my naughty self, I admit I have been far more interested in naughty lingerie.... Lh has lovely selections, and I get a buzz out of wearing them for a spot of naughtiness and taking saucy photos.
When I was married...I didn't own much at all sexy... Now single..no holds barred๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜Š

naughty mum wrote:

After rediscovering my naughty self, I admit I have been far more interested in naughty lingerie.... Lh has lovely selections, and I get a buzz out of wearing them for a spot of naughtiness and taking saucy photos.
When I was married...I didn't own much at all sexy... Now single..no holds barred๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜Š

When I was single, I'd only buy something every couple months whereas now with OH I have to buy something each week, not for him, just so I feel pretty, girly & confident x

Well I have been single for 3 1/2 yes, but divorced only in last 8 months. ..till then, I kept myself " off the shop shelves" so to speak( still wanted to have that moral high ground that I didnt play around when we were married).
As soon as the paperwork got completed I sort of had a mental shift of perception that I am not bound by any vows now...I was fully entitled, and allowed to have fun again๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜„
Naughtymum was reborn!๐Ÿ˜„๐ŸŽ†
Now I find a new zest for life,sex,sexy clothes,and being far more adventurous than I ever was..even before I got married.
Sexy clothes make me feel more like a desirable woman... And I love the attention it gets, with some of the flings I have had so far.
I now also use a particular sexy outfit to be my goal in loosing weight and getting g fit and a my figure back.

Its a great insentive๐Ÿ˜‰

Ah, as usual you've hit the nail on the head, NM. Nothing like having lots of sexy clothes to keep you focused on not going to seed. I reckon I'd be at least two or three sizes bigger if I didn't have to keep myself small enough to fit into standard lingerie sizes. And although I stay pretty much the same size, give or take a bit on in the winter and off again in the summer, people I haven't seen for a while nearly always reckon I've lost weight. I can only conclude that they subconsciously expect me to keep getting bigger.

I haven't had to throw clothes out as too small for about two decades now, even though I've gone up about one and a half cup sizes on my boobs.

A great incentive, indeed!

I used to buy stuff that I though looked cute but knew wouldn't fit me properly :( I'm a 30E bra, which are expensive! So sometimes when I saw cheap 32D bras or "small"/"medium" bras that I liked I'd buy them thinking they'd look good enough for the bedroom...and then maybe wear them once, or not at all! I made this mistake too many times and have learned my lesson! So I probably would be addicted if I could afford lots of lingerie in my size!

I love lingire and i always want to buy more!

It's totally an addiction... nothing feels better than having something absloutly ravishing on under your work clothes. Keeps you confident! My closet is overrun with it at this point!

Anybody have faves from lovehoney? Always looking for more.

KiwiKeen wrote:

Anybody have faves from lovehoney? Always looking for more.

My boyfriend bought me these knickers in purple, and I love them so much I just ordered the pink and red as well (unfortunately the black was gone in my size)

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=21320

I also have this garter belt from Lovehoney which I love. Its very simple but goes with everything and creates such a sexy cage effect!

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=28120

THat garter is too amazing I willl be adding that to my list of must haves. Thank you!

It can be bought with Oh! points ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

my wife is always gettin new lingerie and is obsessed with buyin it especially sexy knickers and i enjoy getting her sexy items too

Absolutely it can be an addiction, I love buying new lingerie and trying new styles all the times.

Nothing can make you feel sexier and more confident than lingerie that flatters your best assets.

I'm a shopaholic in general,so lingerie is also on the list.