Lockdown book club

@CurvyJilly I know you aren’t a tv person but i recommend The Pembrokeshire Murders on ITV, i remember the murders, and i saw a documentary on the case. This dramatisation shows what an egotistical psychopath the killer was. Plus his appearance on Bullseye sealed his fate! Have you received the West book yet?

It’s difficult for me to watch tv.

Yes my book came yesterday and have started reading it thank you @WillC.
Will let you know when I have read it.
:heart::two_hearts::heart::two_hearts::heart:

1 Like

Monsters of Rock-Donington 1980 by Jerry Bloom.

Came this morning, going to be interesting as i was there! :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

My first book of the year was The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by VE Schwab and it was fantastic, I think I’ll be recommending it to people for a long time!!

Sounds intriguing, will put it on my list!

1 Like

Anyone tried the 100 books to read. Thinking of starting it. Already reading one that’s on the list in 1984. Would like to print the list and start from the beginning.

I heard it from the car park at East Midlands Airport

1 Like

I can imagine! I used to go most years up to 1991. Download just isn’t the same!

1 Like

Unbelievable Happiness and Final Sorrow : Ruth Hawkins
Thankful that I have been one of those lucky enough to experience ‘Unbelievable Happiness’

1 Like

I read “Happy Like Murderers” by Gordon Burn @WillC recommended it.

Rose and Fred West story.

It’s so shocking yet it was so normal to them…fab read

I love true crimes like to get inside and try and see it through their eyes.

2 Likes

Glad you liked it, i must admit i had to read some sentences twice, as some of the stuff they did was so unbelievably depraved. I remember the son and one of the daughter’s being interviewed on TV, can’t imagine the psychological damage done to them.

The removal of bones as trophys which was done so precisely to each victim…how he basically took them to pieces afterwards like they each were a piece of work to be completed in a certain way and their lying about their sister running away amazed me

1 Like

Definitely, it made me wonder if the missing 3 hours after she rang him to tell him the game was up, was he disposing of the trophies? Also, the contraptions he had made to aid in the torture and abuse of strangers and his own children, unbelievable.

He was a very clever hardworking man.

1 Like

Devious too. Makes you wonder how damaged they both were from the start. The threesome with her dad was gobsmacking.

Also, since 1971, i have had holidays in the area in Devon where they stayed, to think i could have crossed paths with them freaks me out.

Feminist Fight Club : Jessica Bennett

The Humble Bragger
The Fight Moves: Don’t Self Deprecate
(@EllieTheFluffyHedgehog :slight_smile: )

A survival manual for all !

1 Like

You’re very sweet you know, all of you. But I do feel like I’m being realistic, I’ve read through so many of all of your posts and you seem to know so much and are amazing at this. Meanwhile, I come along having not been here long and without knowing nearly as much. There are many people much better suited for the task is all I’m saying and yes I seriously believe that, I’m not just saying it. I suspect most of you deserve it so much more for your participation in this community too!! Even I can acknowledge that I’d not be the best choice. However much I might like to be chosen for things. Still, I’d like to get to know you all. (It’s not like I’ve got anything else to do with my life at the moment). I will have a look at that book you sent though!! I like a good read. I have no self-confidence though so I suspect it will take more than reading something once to change that.

2 Likes

It’s a fun book :grin:

Then I’ll make sure to check it out!!

1 Like