London Riots

My heart goes out to anyone in London, Birmingham or any other city with as yet unreported rioting who has been impacted by this dreadful event.

There are rumours that they're breaking into houses now too so if you know anyone there - especially the elderly or disabled, think of how terrifying this is and drop them a call to check they're ok (I'm sure people are all doing this anyway but worth mentioning - especially with the rumours flying round about houses being targeted)

A party shop in Clapham has been set on fire in the presence helium tanks so the residents have been told to evacuate the area by police.

There are also rumours it's kicking off in Liverpool but the police have said no riots as yet.

A thread of condolences and to keep updated on news and updates (sometimes social media lines are quicker than "real" news sources, if much less reliable) so people can keep tabs on where their families etc. are :)

Adx

I've been following this all day. I'ts just absolutely disgusting. I swear that the country has flat out lost it's mind. Good idea for a thread though, those of us who haven't degenerated into animals really need to band together.

Cars and vans (and a wheelie bin) are being torched in Liverpool. Very small scale at the moment. Anyone living on or with friends/family living on or around the Upper Parliament St, Smithdown Rd, Langton Rd and Lodge Lane area in Liverpool beware. Seems to just be a few knobs at the moment - hopefully nothing too worrying.

Adx

Edit - and Toxteth area too.

There's been rumours that the costal area of Essex may be on the receiving end too, though I don't know how true that is. Where are you getting your news Ad?

Got the BBC news 24 on in the background (they're focusing almost entirely on London despite the city *centre* of Birmingham being hit!) and mostly just following Twitter. I live in Liverpool so I have friends and links in the area who are uploading photos to Twitter of burning cars in areas I recognise.

I'm not in Liverpool at the moment but my partner's family and many of my friends are. They should all be safe though.

There's a bloke in Liverpool following the "knobs" about taking photos.

My OH is also following lots of his news sources and keeping me updated - he was the one who mentioned them starting on houses.

Adx

That's fair enough then. I've just put BBC news 24 myself and they have now mentioned Liverpool. I seriously wonder if those of us sick of the degenerates doing this need to stand up. There are far more of us than them. I'm sick of these people thinking they can stamp around doing as they please.

I am scared, to be honest. Last 2 days were really frightening for me. I have thought about starting this threat, but I decided not to in the end. I live in Tottenham, between High Road and Wood Green. 2 days after what happened here and most shops are still closed, shops have windows smashed, some has windows with holes like bullet from a gun went through... Its just still scary. The air is still thick with fear round here. Helicopters monitoring the area day and night, reminding us of what happened.

And considering what is happening right now round London I am thinking of moving out, fleeing from London, either to my OH, but he lives too far from London or to a friend near London so I can still go to university. Still I am really really scared right now.

Laveila wrote:

I am scared, to be honest. Last 2 days were really frightening for me. I have thought about starting this threat, but I decided not to in the end. I live in Tottenham, between High Road and Wood Green. 2 days after what happened here and most shops are still closed, shops have windows smashed, some has windows with holes like bullet from a gun went through... Its just still scary. The air is still thick with fear round here. Helicopters monitoring the area day and night, reminding us of what happened.

And considering what is happening right now round London I am thinking of moving out, fleeing from London, either to my OH, but he lives too far from London or to a friend near London so I can still go to university. Still I am really really scared right now.

I can only imagine how terrifying it is for you right now. If you feel better to get away maybe that would be the best thing to do, it really is your call. I wish I could say something to make you feel better. Just know that this can't go on forever. Stay safe ok.

Laveila I'm sorry you're having to encounter this :( I hope you're keeping yourself as safe as you can and do whatever you need to to feel as safe as possible. Take good care of yourself lovely.

Disturbances still isolated in Liverpool.

Adx

My heart goes out to you Laveila, and any others that are in the areas being affected by these aweful events. It's just unforgivable. I am so grateful I live in the middle of the county at times like these.

I've just heard that it's in Manchester too.

Rioting carries a sentence of up to 10 years imprisonment.

I think perhaps its a good time to start a prison building program because I really hope we need them.

300 people rioting in Liverpool city centre.

Not isolated anymore, not small scale.

Riots breaking out in Manchester as LS said.

Adx

Yep. I know about Manchester. This is getting out of hand and will be very hard to stop.

I cannot focus on dissertation tonight. Nor I did earlier during the day. What scares me is if a friend did not cancel on Saturday I would be getting home during the time when it started.

He's right to worry AA - What will happen next?

Bristol disturbances too.

And rumours of Leeds.

Adx

It is unbelievable.

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

One of OH's friends lives in Woodgreen (well, postcode is technically woodgreen, but he is actually in Tottenham.) Replied to a text before, and says he is pretty worried about what is going to happen next.

Sounds like where I live, basically. I live near the Tottenham Cemetery. To be frank, was hard to shop today, out of the larger supermarkets in the area I only found Morrisons at Wood Green opened. Sainsburys at Wood Green was sort of opened, but most shops were pretty much closed or closed at 5pm or earlier.

Isolated incidents in Leeds.

Manchester disturbances unconfirmed.

Adx

Building alight in Liverpool near the Women's hospital.

Vehicle on fire in Nottingham reported but not sure the cause.

Bristol rioting starting to get confirmed and photographed.

Adx