Lovehoney Discover Anal Lubricant 100ml consistency query?

I purchased a 100ml bottle of Lovehoney Discover Anal Lubricant back in December 2012 and being inexperienced with anal lube never gave a thought to how watery it was.

I recently purchased some more items from Lovehoney and during my browsing I noticed that the bottle design has changed from a taller thin opaque white bottle with a pop cap to a clear stumpier design with a black pop cap.

I decided to watch the demonstration video and realised that the thickness of the lube I had purchased was not at all close to what was demonstrated in the video.

I'm asuming that the product has been redesigned to a much thicker consistency along with the improved visibility of the transparent bottle.

The reviews date back to late 2013 so I'm assuming the product was altered close that date.

Can anyone who has owned both current and previous iterations, or a staff member, confirm that this is the case? I am worried incase my bottle is actually defective and potentially harmful.

Also, is there even such a thing as anal lube with a near water-like consistency?

Thanks. :)

Have not owned the earlier version but can report that my bottle of discover anal lube is much the same as yours, more gel like than liquid like.

StrawberryJam wrote:

I purchased a 100ml bottle of Lovehoney Discover Anal Lubricant back in December 2012 and being inexperienced with anal lube never gave a thought to how watery it was.

I recently purchased some more items from Lovehoney and during my browsing I noticed that the bottle design has changed from a taller thin opaque white bottle with a pop cap to a clear stumpier design with a black pop cap.

I decided to watch the demonstration video and realised that the thickness of the lube I had purchased was not at all close to what was demonstrated in the video.

I'm asuming that the product has been redesigned to a much thicker consistency along with the improved visibility of the transparent bottle.

The reviews date back to late 2013 so I'm assuming the product was altered close that date.

Can anyone who has owned both current and previous iterations, or a staff member, confirm that this is the case? I am worried incase my bottle is actually defective and potentially harmful.

Also, is there even such a thing as anal lube with a near water-like consistency?

Thanks. :)

Hi StrawberryJam

Well spotted! We did change the packaging as well as the lube itself a little while ago. We had received feedback that our original formula was too watery, so we changed it!

If you're not totally satisfied with the lube you have, please feel free to contact Customer Care - they should be happy to send you a new bottle :)

Hi Jess :)

I also have the old bottle but never used it. I bought it about a week before it went off the site is it safe to use? Or should I bin it?

Lollipop ;) wrote:

Hi Jess :)

I also have the old bottle but never used it. I bought it about a week before it went off the site is it safe to use? Or should I bin it?

Hey Lollipop

It's definitely 100% safe to use, it's just not as thick as the new formula.

I have about 3 bottles at home of the old version which are absolutely fine, just slightly more runny than our new version :)

Thanks for the swift reply, everyone. Good to know the lube is perfectly safe to use. I may as well pop a request over at Customer Care. Thanks for the suggestion.

It's a great feeling when one's deductions are right on the money. (too much Sherlock for me...)

Alright that's fine then =D

Thanks for the help again Jess x

I love the new one! It's much thicker and therefore, easier to use and less mess :D

ooh, that's interesting, we've thought the discover anal lube is much too watery ourselves.

Aww, dang. I'm a few months over the 365 day returns policy for a replacement.

Never mind. I'm gonna grab a replacement along with the widley renowned LH BASICS douche to bump up to the free shipping.

...any excuse....

The deal of the week is that you get a free bottle of Lovehoney's Discover Anal lube when you buy a selected anal toy (link below). :)

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/offers/DOTD?utm_source=dotd&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=70&utm_content=170114

I bought the smooth anal prober as part of the 3 for £10 deal, does this still include the free bottle of discovery anal lube?

No harm in asking ;-)

Candied Citrus wrote:

The deal of the week is that you get a free bottle of Lovehoney's Discover Anal lube when you buy a selected anal toy (link below). :)

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/offers/DOTD?utm_source=dotd&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=70&utm_content=170114

I got the deal of the week email through literally minutes after confirming my purchase. ><
The basics douche isn't part of the deal anyway and none of the toys included really took my fancy so I'm not feeling too stupid about it.

Thanks for the heads-up, anyway.

___
Pleasurre town, I would doubt it is combineable with other offers.

StrawberryJam wrote:

Candied Citrus wrote:

I got the deal of the week email through literally minutes after confirming my purchase. ><
The basics douche isn't part of the deal anyway and none of the toys included really took my fancy so I'm not feeling too stupid about it.

Thanks for the heads-up, anyway.

No problem. :) It was just in case something did catch your fancy, because free items are always nice. I found the same thing, though - that none of the toys really appealed to me.

Should I be receiving a Deal of the Week email? Don't think I've ever seen that. I do look at the Deal of the Day every day - sometimes I've been known to wait till a minute past midnight just so I see what's on offer that day :-)

The Deal of the Week comes attached at the bottom of the Deal of the Day e-mails: if you've signed up for them, you just need to scroll to the bottom of each DotD e-mail to see the available Deal of the Week. :)

Thank you Candied Citrus. Don't know how I've missed that