Lovehoney vs. Ofcom?

HappyCouple wrote:

Simples: get your content lock removed.

Just tried to access the site with my mobile for the first time (HTC Desire HD on T-mobile) and it gives a nice mobile friendly site. However... Why is it a mobile friendly site? My phone can handle full sites too! Ok, just scanned the page and there is a 'view full site' link on there.

Yes I have same phone and have to agree with you totally.

I am yet trying to understand how to download apps onto my phone.Any help.

hustla wrote:

HappyCouple wrote:

Just tried to access the site with my mobile for the first time (HTC Desire HD on T-mobile) and it gives a nice mobile friendly site. However... Why is it a mobile friendly site? My phone can handle full sites too! Ok, just scanned the page and there is a 'view full site' link on there.

app store, there are thousands, some are free (eg facebook) and some you have to pay for

LittleKitty wrote:

Jamba wrote:

HappyCouple wrote:

How so sir? How so?

I believe it'll make little difference - they charge the fiver to remove the content bar as they don't want you looking at this type of site. Ridiculous isn't it?!

LK, you are right... all 'adult content' sites then have a layer that IF you are on a mobile device, you have to pay extra to use their service. Just did some research after 'peachy keen' mentioned that androids can change their mask... Turned my phone into an 'apple mac' and can view any page easily External Media

hustla wrote:

HappyCouple wrote:

If you have the same phone... and have internet enabled... just press the ^ bottom left of the home page, then go to "market" I think it is called. There are plenty of free ones :)

HappyCouple wrote:

LittleKitty wrote:

Jamba wrote:

HappyCouple wrote:

How so sir? How so?

I believe it'll make little difference - they charge the fiver to remove the content bar as they don't want you looking at this type of site. Ridiculous isn't it?!

LK, you are right... all 'adult content' sites then have a layer that IF you are on a mobile device, you have to pay extra to use their service. Just did some research after 'peachy keen' mentioned that androids can change their mask... Turned my phone into an 'apple mac' and can view any page easily External Media

Genius - after my hijack msg i've changed my user agent to iPhone and now I can post msgs in LH forumon my mobile. Thanks

I think O2 started blocking 'adult' sites too, unless you phone up and use your bank card to confirm you're +18. At least that's what it said last time I tried. But I can still get onto LoveHoney (mobile and full version) without any trouble...

T mobile here and haven't removed content lock and it all works fine (Nice mobile site btw)

Maybe they removed it when they were clawing me back the other week after their terrible PR disaster re: ammending their android fair usage policy!

sxe_couple21 wrote:

T mobile here and haven't removed content lock and it all works fine External Media (Nice mobile site btw)

Maybe they removed it when they were clawing me back the other week after their terrible PR disaster re: ammending their android fair usage policy!

OOOH! What is this? I have not heard anything about a PR disaster... ???

HappyCouple wrote:

sxe_couple21 wrote:

T mobile here and haven't removed content lock and it all works fine External Media (Nice mobile site btw)

OOOH! What is this? I have not heard anything about a PR disaster... ???

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this happened with Three too a few years ago. Basically they changed a policy, which therefore allowed anyone on a contract to get out of it. So leave early. Meaning people could come out of the contract after a few months with a phone.

o.O --> You saying I can get out of my contract now? I have had my t-mobile phone for less than 6 months!

Oh 3

The firm that nearly gave me a nervous breakdown!

If there's one company I stay well away from now, It's '3'!!!

Seriously, The amount of full on arguments I had on the phone over a space of two years with them, That ended with me throwing a brand new Nokia smart phone at a wall before taking a CLAW hammer to it!

These arguments happened what? aout twice a week over that amount of time!

Is their "customer service" still a totally awesome thing to behold??? /Sarcasm

Anyhoo, /Threadjack..... Carry on......

Yep, it seems that a lot of the phone companies haven't briefed their customer service staff to tell them how the content blocks work.

For some contracts, the default setting for content will be "Don't show me anything naughty" (it was on my Orange contract) which means you won't be able to view LoveHoney.

You can phone your mobile company and ask them to remove the block. Should be easy, but what's the betting you phone at a time when they're experiencing unusual call volumes, no matter what time you call.

Nothing to do with Ofcom as far as I'm aware.

Aye, the few times I've rung 3 with a problem, it's been solved really well, cannot fault the staff whatsoever. Although the not-so-unusual call volume does seem to be an issue for them (think that's the same everywhere now, knowing people who work in those call centres, they're constantly understaffed and looking for people, but refuse to pay enough to make it worthwhile working there unless you're pulling 40 hour weeks, so not enough apply and many keep leaving for better jobs).

I haven't rung especially for that, just asked a guy when I was on about a techy thing, so i may have been given bad info since it wasn't his department. Might ring up again when I've the chance, at least they have a freephone number as long as it's from your mobile, not the worst.

I've had no problems with three either - great customer services.

Orange however are another matter!

Thanks for the info Richard!

Adx

I've always had good experiences with 3 too. I think they're my preferred option when my Voda ends soon.