Lube...

I cannot use any of it, i've tried everything, even going back to the basic stuff. It just makes me want to reach inside me and scratch my insides out. Its that bad that i cannot use condoms beause of it. Whats worse aswell is I like anal, and i like to use butt plugs, anal beads, etc, and i've found its actually rather hard to do without any lube.
Any advice on what i can do?

I can imagine it's very uncomfortable without lube and not only that but also you risk tearing. What exactly don't you like? Some people don't like it when it drips out etc. Have you tried using a syringe so it's higher up the start playing. That way it isn't on your toy nor do you have to feel it.

it makes me itch like mad inside me, I've also tried going back to the basic materials that its made out of, to see what makes me itch and it all does. I've used vasaline, and that just feels gross haha, but doesnt make me itch, we wont use it with toys though, just incase it wrecks them, but we'll use it with anal sex. I dont mind buying the lube as the OH likes anal too, so it not exactly a waste of money, but i'm just fed up of buying ube and it making me itch lol

Have you considered using lube for sensitive skin? As you may have a mild alergy to other ones?

I have, and that makes me itch a little bit, not like the other ones where i just want to scratch so much. I've been into my local pharmasists aswell and thats what they recommneded for me to use too. I do have very sensitive skin though, i used sliquid for a while and now that makes me itch and they havent changed anything in their ingredients either. Maybe its just my body lol :L

Have you tried using different toys? Just thinking that maybe you could have an allergy to the toy itself and not the lube?

Hello,

the itching sounds to me like possible yeast infection, or STD. Btw. yeast infection is sexually transmitable, although yes it can develop for many reasons, so if you have it, your partner has to be cured as well, or you get out of it and he can very fast infect you again, even if he does not show any symptons. I been there and done that

I would definitely visit doctor, they can take sample and have it checked. It is very strange that Sliquid makes you itch, I have never heard that before (I did read it about other lubes with certain ingrediences like paraben and glycerine). It could be also some allergy, but you do have to visit a doctor to get the reals answer. There is no other way to go round it, I am afraid.

There are things you can try. Like do not clean toys with soaps which contain glycerine or paraben, but eg use sex toy cleaner which does not have them, use non porous toys, like silicone and glass. These will also help to avoid alergies. And try to avoid toys and condoms containing latex, as latex can cause alergies too.

We dont use condoms anymore as i cannot use them, im on the implant and we both get checked regularly for STD's STI's and my general health has to get checked out once a month due to my ADHD as im not alowed to take any antibiotics or paracetamol etc while im on my ADHD medication and theres a long way around getting cleared up if i have a cold because of this medication so i've got to be careful :\

I've tried Sliquid H2O Original, thats the one that made me itch and i'd been using it for a while, bought a new bottle and the new bottle made me itch, but they hadnt changed the ingridents.

I'll try the Sliquid satin lubricant and im also going to my doctors on monday, so i'll ask him abut it then before i buy anything else.

Thanks everyone for all your help and advice, its really appriceated :D xx

Thinking about it, have your ever tried silicone lubes? Their only limitation would be, that i would recommend you do a test before you use them with silicone toys to see that they will not react with each other.

yes, an ann summers one, but it may be because its ann summers and my body doesnt react well to their products in general, even their sex toys make me get a really sore rash :\

Can I ask, have you ever tried JUST applying the lube and doing nothing? The reason I ask this is because I wonder if it is the lube you are allergic to, or any other number of things such as condoms, toys, semen, even your handwash! See, lubricants, especially the ones like Sliquid, have barely anything in them to cause a reaction.

I have a sensitive vulva. I think I am verging on vulvodynia to be honest, as any friction or irritaion sets me off with burning or raw sensations and I cant stand being poked or prodded. I react to my boyfriends semen, that leaves me burning, and I even react to the drag caused from silicone toys, even with lube! Often I get the sensations of a urinary tract infection, but the tests are usually negative for infection. My vagina just totally over reacts to things! I have had checks for infections and come back clear. Ive been this way for years and learnt to manage it.

I reacted once while using a pure silicone toy that I had washed (and rinsed well.) with a perfumed handwash. BOOM....burning sensation. :(

Sliquid lubes, and other good quality lubes have never caused a reaction and that is why I ask, have you tried applying lube and then doing nothing at all? If you react at that point, then it is definitely an allergy to the lube, although I wonder what it could be that you are allergic to especially when it is designed to be so hypoallergenic!

Sliquid lubes are probably some of the "cleanest" lubes I have found, being free from parabens and glycerine etc so I honestly cannot even think of another brand that might be worth trying. Sorry I couldn't help :(

Fluffbags wrote:

Can I ask, have you ever tried JUST applying the lube and doing nothing? The reason I ask this is because I wonder if it is the lube you are allergic to, or any other number of things such as condoms, toys, semen, even your handwash! See, lubricants, especially the ones like Sliquid, have barely anything in them to cause a reaction.

I have a sensitive vulva. I think I am verging on vulvodynia to be honest, as any friction or irritaion sets me off with burning or raw sensations and I cant stand being poked or prodded. I react to my boyfriends semen, that leaves me burning, and I even react to the drag caused from silicone toys, even with lube! Often I get the sensations of a urinary tract infection, but the tests are usually negative for infection. My vagina just totally over reacts to things! I have had checks for infections and come back clear. Ive been this way for years and learnt to manage it.

I reacted once while using a pure silicone toy that I had washed (and rinsed well.) with a perfumed handwash. BOOM....burning sensation. :(

Sliquid lubes, and other good quality lubes have never caused a reaction and that is why I ask, have you tried applying lube and then doing nothing at all? If you react at that point, then it is definitely an allergy to the lube, although I wonder what it could be that you are allergic to especially when it is designed to be so hypoallergenic!

Sliquid lubes are probably some of the "cleanest" lubes I have found, being free from parabens and glycerine etc so I honestly cannot even think of another brand that might be worth trying. Sorry I couldn't help :(

I will try that fluffbags, i've never actually thought of doing that. I'll gie it a try tomorrow morning as i dot want to do it tonight as i have my shower in the mornings as it's horrible humitity atm. I'll let you know how that works :D thanks x

livvie wrote:

Fluffbags wrote:

I will try that fluffbags, i've never actually thought of doing that. I'll gie it a try tomorrow morning as i dot want to do it tonight as i have my shower in the mornings as it's horrible humitity atm. I'll let you know how that works :D thanks x

No worries. It will be interesting to see what happens. If you have no reaction and figure out is it not the lube, I would then try working out what it is, although you might be like me and just be overly sensitive to literally everything, even soaps and stuff. If it is the lube, then I am at a loss as to what to recommend, as Sliquid is probably one of the gentlest lubes going.

Ingredients: Purified Water, Plant Cellulose (from Cotton), Cyamopsis (Guar Conditioners), Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid (100% Vegan)

It may be the cotton, but unlikely if cotton pants are fine, it could be the guar, maybe trying to find a lube without that might help but then you will probably be adding other ingredients in its place. This is tricky! lol

I tried it, it made me itch, i'm going to take the bottles of lube i have with me to the doctors as i've rung them up and they told me to take them with me. Thanks everyone for your help :D xx

@livvie My OH is sensitive to all chemicals, so we can't use any of the lubes listed here.

What we use is this: http://www.purenuffstuff.co.uk/body-care-products/aloe-vera-gel.htm

It is 100% natural, and we use it for all our anal sessions. Just give it a good shake before use.

Good luck Livvie. Sorry to hear it was the lube :( definitely something in there thats causing an allergiv reaction. I hope you find out what it is so you can avoid that ingredient in future. x

Thank you Aqua and Fluffbags :D

I've just been sent a lube aswel as a sex toy tester too lol. I contacted LH customer support and ask them if my OH would be able to test it instead of me and told them the reasons why and they said it should be fine, but reply to the email i was sent and tell Cazz that i wouldnt be able to test it but my OH would be able to.

I am sorry, but yes, does sound like potential allergy to something. Good luck and let us know.

livvie wrote:

Thank you Aqua and Fluffbags :D

I've just been sent a lube aswel as a sex toy tester too lol. I contacted LH customer support and ask them if my OH would be able to test it instead of me and told them the reasons why and they said it should be fine, but reply to the email i was sent and tell Cazz that i wouldnt be able to test it but my OH would be able to.

Hehe that is sods law that is! I am sure LH wont mind if the review is from a male perspective. Males use lube too, plus, you will still get a jist of how long lasting it is, if it smells or tastes weird etc...he can still tell you all that and you can maybe test it on the back of your hand to see how slippy it is etc. xx