Made me laugh

So after my big whoops moment and over-ordering on my latest order, the courier today drops it off. Being daytime delivery, I get all my orders sent to work (I work at the reception desk so sign for all the parcels anyway).

Courier dropped it in and one of my colleagues jokingly said "is that your butt plugs", to which I replied yes, and glass dildos and lube (all of which is 100% the truth), he then just laughed as if I was going along with the joke.

Made me smile a bit, I didn't lie......

3 Likes

hahahahaha maybe they secretly know :P

1 Like

I had similar at the post office. 🙈 ( I know the postman personally ) to which I just agreed like yourself. I was quite shocked myself that I actually just admitted it. 😂 mind you, I would be able to tell where the box has come from by the returns address, so they could well know exactly what it is.

1 Like

My OH told the girls at the post office he was posting dildo's several times just to make them blush, even though once or twice it was true!

He stopped when one of the girls calmly asked if the batteries had been removed, spoiled the joke then lol.

Now when posting toys or underwear etc we just make something up.

1 Like

I've had a similar situation in which I was smiling quietly inside. I work with several women. A few days ago, one of them was trying to find something in a toddler's bag and there were so many things in there which has to be removed in order to find what was needed. Most of the things in the bag belonged to the mum and the my work colleague mentioned: "My goodness me, she (the mum) has so many of her personal things in here and there's something that I reckon is a vibrator". It wasn't a vibrator, it was just a joje, but I giggled inside because if they had to looj in my bag, they would be surprised with the things I have. I'd be certainly what they call "a dark horse" - lol!

1 Like

Lol people must know if they have ordered themselves and recognise secret phrase . I got really paranoid once as I wasn't in for my delivery and had to rearrange it. The box was delivered by the postman but wouldn't fit through the letter box. Someone had drawn a big happy smiley face with a black marker on the box. After that I wouldn't answer the door to the postie and would send hubby but over that now.

1 Like

Lady Moonstone wrote:

Lol people must know if they have ordered themselves and recognise secret phrase . I got really paranoid once as I wasn't in for my delivery and had to rearrange it. The box was delivered by the postman but wouldn't fit through the letter box. Someone had drawn a big happy smiley face with a black marker on the box. After that I wouldn't answer the door to the postie and would send hubby but over that now.

I've always wondered how many people recognize the name secret phrase on packages now. It seems like a pretty widespread company by now ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif)

1 Like

Used to work at a post office. Always made me chuckle seeing certain return addresses and having to ask what the contents were. Though some people would literally just own it and (very loudly) proclaim it was a vibrator or similar haha.

I had a prototype tester once that I had to return after I’d tested it out, and Brenna sent me a pre-printed returns label. It wasn’t until I got to the Post Office that I realised it didn’t have the Secret Phrase return address on it, but just straight up ‘Lovehoney’. :slightly_smiling_face:

And, to draw even more attention to it, it was the kind of barcode label only Royal Mail could read and not the regular post offices. I was there for a while. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Honestly though it’s such a regular thing to happen that the novelty wears off real fast, and most cashiers wouldn’t know anyway.
We only have to ask what’s in it to make sure there’s no batteries, due to laws.

At the counter I was more concerned with sorting out a valid Freepost address so I didn’t have to schlep home and re-do it all. It wasn’t until I’d left the Post Office that it occurred to me that I could have been embarrassed. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes