making friends

Hi just wanted some advice on what's a good way to make new friends as my current situation has change a lot

I have recently separated from my wife which I am hopefully going repair our relationship . And to make things worse a couple of months ago I had a breakdown and now am on anti depressants for social anxiety . so tough question really how do I go about making new friends when I find talking in reality very difficult, and the whole time I want to repair the relationship with my wife.

I'm not interested in sexual relationships just someone to talk to any suggestions of websites that cater for this without being a dating site ?

Thanks in advance

Hi I am really sorry to hear you are going through this and I hope think work out for you and your wife.

I cannot help in terms of websites but have you thought of doing something local like voluntry work or groups etc great way to meet people and make friends. Just an idea.

Thanks Luby

I do currently have a full time job which is probably half the reason I don't speak to many people as I spend 9 hours a day with one person who's only 19 and I'm nearly 28 so don't have much in common ;)

I did group therapy , irony right there with the social anxiety . I'm sure in time things will just get easier x

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you're having with your wife. And I wish you all the luck in repairing it.

In regards to friendships it really depends what you're after. I know you've stated you're not after a sexual realtionship, what I mean is more are you after just talking to someone in person or online? I don't much get to go out with my situation so I tend to talk to a lot of people online, and building up relationships with people on forums, chat rooms ect and then sometimes I've been lucky enough to meet the people in person that I've become to know online.

Other ways of meeting people offline are clubs, maybe book club if you read? Volunterring and work groups. Places that get you out of the house and meeting other people, and making friends that way.

If you do a google search for friendship sites you may find some websites that cater to that thing, a few came up for myself when I just looked, but I'm sure it's against the rules to post the links up on here. Also you could meet people on this forum and talk to them! I've met some lovely people on here and enjoy coming on for a chat!

xx

Hiya Jimtech

i hope in time all works out well for you,im also on anti depressants due to a recent breakdown so i can understand about how you are feeling, and i also suffer with social anxiety,i find it hard to leave the house and also find it hard to make friends away from the virtual world funnily enough im currently in group therapy for it :) anyway i find a lot of the fb groups very helpful,also the lovehoney forums have been great people are so kind and caring,

Thank you for your kind words .

I always felt dealing with anxiety was difficult until I realized just how common it really is , I'm glad over people understand . lmmb I found some books a great help as I'm not to great in situations with lots of people .

FA Im more of a sit at home with a movie and takeaway guy not massive on regular Drinking , I certainly will have a search online and see what's about thankyou :)

jimtech wrote:

Thank you for your kind words .

I always felt dealing with anxiety was difficult until I realized just how common it really is , I'm glad over people understand . lmmb I found some books a great help as I'm not to great in situations with lots of people .

FA Im more of a sit at home with a movie and takeaway guy not massive on regular Drinking , I certainly will have a search online and see what's about thankyou :)

Aha you're exactly like me, give me a take out, movie and a good gaming session and I'm good for the night, weekend, year lol. I'd much rather do that than go out drinking.

When I said clubs too, I didn't mean night clubs lol I meant more of common intrests, like book clubs, some gamer clubs. General likes they usually have a club about where they'll meet up once a week/month and catch up.

Anime movie Xbox and a pizza perfect :)

I like your ideas ;) I'm still a big kid haha nearly 28 and not wanting to grow up

Pah growing up!

ooo Anime for me too =p I'm a big nerdy geek! I've not long turned 28... My soul... Is sad.

my partner as made a great group of friends online through playing on the xbox :) he chats and games with them hes in a clan and he seems to really enjoy it :)

You ever feel like you've been abandoned for the Clan LMMB? My OH and his clan are always chatting and gaming and raiding' bless them.

Yep at times it feels like that he seems to be addicted to it at the moment,hes just got the new xbox one so spending more time gaming right now, he only got that because all his friends had one and he wanted to play with them i felt sorry for him so i caved in and bought him one lol and yep bless them indeed its nice they have another interest but sometimes its like having another son lol

:)

I too have made some good friends on the Xbox my days of clan gaming have come to an end lol because I don't like being beaten by kids he he :)

FA what's your favourite anime ? Mines studio ghibali princess mononoke .

Aha LMMB, I totally get abandoned for CS and the OH will be talking and I'm like "What's the hunny?!" Him "Wasn't talking to you" and then him "Blahblah blah - Throws wabbler WHY YOU NEVER LISTEN TO ME" lol! Like I can tell the difference of who he's speaking to, it's all very confusing :(. Yes it is like having another son, my terrorist is a gamer, we're a family of gaming addicts. The OH says he wants an Xbox one. but I'm not getting him one! lol (Tight GF or what?!)

umm I haven't watched anything in a while, I do like Naruto but I'm sick to death of the fillers, so I end up missing months of it, then get them all and just skip the filler episodes. My favourite I guess was Clannad, I'm not usually a softee and I enerally don't cry at anything (I'm labelled a cold hearted bitch by friends even the OH calls me Frosty) but that had me blubbing like a two year old!.

Nice :) I haven't branced out to series anime have always watched stand alone films since I was very young . I was like 15 and only watched manga but now prefer the story telling and drawing in miazakis work proper fantasy :)

Might have to treat myself this weekend to a box set of something .

I've never really watched the stand alone ones always the series, Full metal Alcamist is another one I liked, the original one. And Death Note was fab!. xx

Just realised I lied about series sorry I have afro samurai " didn't get on with it "

And onagai please teacher which was pretty cool . trip to HMV on Sunday coming up :) x

I'm a bad influence I make people go out and buy things lol!!

Its perfectly cool :)

Retail therapy always a winner in my eyes .