man says lady is sexy

On another thread after a little confusion over a profile photo, I posted that a ladys photo looks sexy, and a couple of weeks ago I saw someone made similar comment about lovehoney cazz, which I agree with. But was wondering in everyday life if a man compliments a lady by saying she looks/is sexy, do you like it, is it ok, or do you think its wrong and sleazy, and does age and marrital status make a difference. And guys what responce have you received after giving a lady a compliment, personally I've received mixed responces. By the way I have comented on a few threads, but this is the first one I've started.

Mixed responses as your said. Some women have enjoyed and accepted the compliment some have looked at me as a married man and felt like I'm one of those men who because I said you look lovely/beautiful etc I immediately want to shag your brains out.

The best thing about our relationship is we can appreciate beautiful people and don't mind complimenting people as it is just that. A compliment.

On here I'd take it as it was nothing and wouldn't be offended.. but in my everyday life I'd be offended, it would be sleazy if he was married or much older than me. IN MY OPINION I find the word sexy and gorgeous are words just thrown around and nothing is meant in the word any more. so I do see it as a man trying to get in your pants...

I work with many women. And I will often tell them they look nice. I believe that is acceptable in that situation.
On here I would go further and say someone looks gorgeous or sexy or hot since this website is all about sexual happiness which makes it acceptable IMO

I must admit that someone saying I look sexy is a confidence booster and makes me feel good but if my husband was saying this to other women I'd be annoyed and jealous, I'm being a bit hypocritical here I suppose. I agree with Puddleduck that it can come across as a bit sleazy if the comments are made by a married man to a young woman especially if he's old enough to be her father .

I think it's nice for a man to compliment me as long as it's in a nice way and not a dirty way

If that makes since.

I don't mind a compliment but I dont like to be called sexy its far to causual sounding for me. Only my bf/gf can say that to me without me feeling uncomfrotble. Xx

But i agree with puddleduck on LH i would not be offended but in everyday life i would. Xx

Words like sexy and beautiful make me feel a bit uncomfortable to be honest. How I react to a compliment depends on who says it, the tone of voice and how I feel about that person at that particular time.

Online i dont take any offense but in real life if a stranger said that to me i wouldnt be too impressed. Whereas if it was a close male friend i would just take it as a compliment.

Theres a difference between a man saying a woman looks nice or sexy. I'd take the first as a compliment, the second as him being abit sleezy if that makes sense to anyone else?

The married men i know have never called me sexy thats mainly younger men in groups or in a club probably trying to show off, that i take offense to and makes me uncomfortable

Sum Sub wrote:

I work with many women. And I will often tell them they look nice. I believe that is acceptable in that situation.
On here I would go further and say someone looks gorgeous or sexy or hot since this website is all about sexual happiness which makes it acceptable IMO

+1

I tell my wife that she's sexy all the time. In my professional life it's a BIG no no. I wouldn't even comment on a colleagues new hair style because It could be deemed inappropriate.

I would comment on a persons profile pic in the rate my avatar thread because that's the point. I don't think it's appropriate to comment on the profile pic of a lovehoney employee.

I often see attractive women (of all ages) in the street and think 'hey you look great' but I'd never say that to them directly just in case I offended them, which I think is a sad reflection on todays soceity.

On the forums much like RB I'd compliment anyone profile pics except the lovehoney employees as they're here as part of their job (you do all look great by the way).

Funny old world with differing rules and boundaries

If people people had respect for each other then you wouldn't need rules. That's not the world we live in unfortunately so you always have to allow for the lowest common denominator. That's why in work I can't say " I like what you've done with your hair" it's sad.

I might add that I think there's a world of difference between saying to a woman " Your new hairstyle is very nice" and " Cor, you look sexy darling ! " The first comment I think would be fine but the second only appropriate if you were talking to a wife or girlfriend and not a random woman in the street.

I've got no problem with comments on profile pics on here, they're all quite acceptable give the nature of this site.

I don think sexy is a good way to "compliment" a woman, pretty yes but sexy is something I'd only like to hear from my OH. If a married man called me sexy I would consider him sleezy, I'd feel uncomfortable my man telling another woman that she's sexy. sexy, sex.

On here it's different people discus sex openly and you can tell someone that they look sexy in an outfit they've uploaded a picture of but I'd still find it inappropriate if it's out of context, like if they hadn't asked an opinion of something.

Complimenting is fine, you look nice/pretty/like you've lost weight are all good. You look fit/sexy/hot not appropriate in everyday life, just my personal oppinion

Ron Burgundy wrote:

I tell my wife that she's sexy all the time. In my professional life it's a BIG no no. I wouldn't even comment on a colleagues new hair style because It could be deemed inappropriate.

I would comment on a persons profile pic in the rate my avatar thread because that's the point. I don't think it's appropriate to comment on the profile pic of a lovehoney employee.

+1

In everday general life i think using sexy is not ideal and can be seen as sleazy depending on who sadi it/how it's said, words like pretty, nice,,,etc would be more suited to use.

I mean these forums are suited as there is sex talk and the like so if anyone says it to you then you'll know they are giving a compliment and generally being nice, with your OH of course you would like them to think of you as sexy at times plus in other siutaions it may be that someone can call you sexy without being viewed as sleazy.

I would/will always use pretty, nice, cute..etc to describe most girls/ladys just because that's what i think is the best way to describe them in the nicest possible way.

Tbh I've had woman colleagues say things to me that would get me sacked were I to say it to them. I've laughed them off (and probably been chuffed with myself) but there is an element of double standards.

I think if one of my friends told me I look pretty/hot/good looking/sexy etc, it would be a massive confidence boost for me as I have serious issues with self confidence anyway. If the same was said by a random person that I don't know, I think I'd find it a) rather embarrassing, and b) somewhat creepy (although this might actually depend on the person saying it; if they were around my age, I might find it flattering.)