man says lady is sexy

I wouldn't say sexy to a complete stranger only to someone I know. A lady friend had lost three stone and I said, liking the new sexy body. She was made up. Another friend asked me if I like her new dress. I said it made her look sexy, she gave me the worst glare ever. I was being nice and didn't want sex with either of them.

Depends on the person,I guess.

nice to give and recieve compliments but come on if ur married think ur out of line should really be complimenting ur wife dont ya think?

I complement my wife all the time,on her clothes,make-up, figure, and generally how attractive she is,but I also have no qualms about complementing other women,if done correctly can make them happy even if for only a few minutes.

Completely agree Jeff. I'm married and I compliment my wife everyday on various points of her. But even just saying your pretty or you look good today can completely change a women's day and there's no hidden or slimey agenda

Minefield. The anonymity of the Internet means that on here you can casually throw in a comment that a woman looks hot in a photo or sounds sexy from the text in a message safe in the knowledge that you'll never meet. In the street I would not dream of telling a random stranger the same message even if she was wearing LH lingerie!

The thing to bear in mind is that women get hit on all day everyday, persistently. IRL men typically feel that they have a right to approach a woman and that they at least deserve a chance to prove she might like them. Often the only way for a women to deter a man is to say she already had a boyfriend, even that doesn't always work.

The message is what is received. It doesn't matter if you are giving a compliment, if you are man number 10 and just one of those was creepy; then she will feel harrased.

Keep that in mind before complimenting a woman and adjust your approach accordingly.

Regarding the 'hey your married' comments, please be aware that other people do not choose the same definitions of their relationships. My husband and I are free to flirt and compliment, our marriage is our personal agreement with each other. It get's boring being told we should or shouldn't do 'X' because we are married.