Massage products - opinions wanted & you could WIN!

Hello all,

We're doing a bit of research into what people really want from a great massage product. If you have a moment to answer some questions we'd very much appreciate it. As a thank you, three people who comment will win a bottle of Swoon Massage In a Bottle!

1. What is your favourite type of massage product? (i.e. an oil, gel, candle, bar...)

2. How important is it that your massage product is lickable/kissable?

3. What is your favourite scent for a massage product? Do you like just one fragrance, a mixture, or fragrance-free?

4. How likely would you be to choose an 'unusual' massage scent, such as lime or chilli?

5. Do you/would you enjoy a warming massage product?

6. What are your top three must-have qualities when you're buying a massage product?

7. What are your thoughts on massage products which 'match' your lubricant (including name/packaging/smell/taste)?

If you have any other comments or opinions about massage products feel free to share. We love your honesty!

Lucy.

1. Candle definitely... so much better value for money and usually not as greasy
2. Not very... I find those types don't smell as good
3. Something fresh and suits both sexes...plumeria or another exotic flower
4.I would try one of those as I think men can sometimes not like sweet scents
5.Yes I think a warming product could be good....as long as it didn't tingle a lot of people I know don't like the tingly products
6.What it's made of (natural oils etc) scent and price
7.I think the name and packaging matching is fine but I that massage oils and candles etc should have a point of difference with the smells and tastes

I have found a lot of people don't know What massage candles are out there they think only oils exist...candles are great for setting the scene and then for a warming massage they are fantastic...and when they dry back to the candle they are Fab for making the bedroom look pretty too.: )

1. What is your favourite type of massage product? Either oil or a massage candle. I like candles but shouldnt be trusted with flams

2. How important is it that your massage product is lickable/kissable? reasonably. I dont want it to taste bad but its not something that is normally near my mouth

3. What is your favourite scent for a massage product? Do you like just one fragrance, a mixture, or fragrance-free? nothing to sweet or perfumy. I like citrus smells sometimes or warm vanilla depending on my mood

4. How likely would you be to choose an 'unusual' massage scent, such as lime or chilli? Lime yes, chilli no, but ultimately it depends on how well the smell is made

5. Do you/would you enjoy a warming massage product? yes

6. What are your top three must-have qualities when you're buying a massage product? not sticky, smells nice, easy to use

7. What are your thoughts on massage products which 'match' your lubricant (including name/packaging/smell/taste)? Keep the two seperate if you ask me. My lubricants are functional and flavourless/ uncented (at present) and I prefer them to be discrete incase I forget to put them away. a massage product should be fun and exciting an something I can show off.

1. Massage bars from Lush for me, though absolutely adore a good oil

2. Not very for us, a massage tends to be more of a relaxing treat than a sexy act

3. I like something warm and musky, natural smelling, not fake. Lemongrass is nice

4. Very likely- the more unusual, the more I am drawn to it (I love the idea of scents with peppercorn in)

5. I have used warming massage oils and they are fabulous.

6. Long lasting slipperyness, long lasting smell and a good price

7. Unless its going to taste like Durex Passionfruit, I am not very interested though would like 100% body safe massage oils that can be used everywhere

I often find some massage products do ot soak into the skin, they just sit ontop until they turn into little crumbly bits

1- We use massage oil, it is really great as it absorbs into over time and doesn’t leave anything behind to stain clothes etc.

2- Our current oil isn't particularly lickable or anything but does smell nice.

3- It depends on the mood you are trying to create but I really like lavender and vanilla can be nice too.

4- Lime actually sounds like a nice fragrance, it depends on what you are going for but the fresh kinda smell of lime might be really invigorating.

5- We tried one previously and didn't really like it. It got pretty warm but it also left a residue and didn't really smell nice.

6- *Texture, must be thick enough to use without running and not leave any kind of greasy coating.

*Smell- obviously if it smells nice it sets the mood better.

*Taste- particularly if you are using it as intimate massage oil.

7- If I am familiar with a company and trust their lube then it would make me want to try their massage oil. I once tried a "Durex 2in1" lube/massage but this ended up being suitable for neither as it formed into little balls of sticky residue rather than be absorbed by the body.

I like products that smell nice and work well. In my opinion it has to have a good thick consistency and be able to be absorbed in order to work well as a massage oil/gel etc.

1. What is your favourite type of massage product? (i.e. an oil, gel, candle, bar...) Oil

2. How important is it that your massage product is lickable/kissable? it is important. anything with a bad taste is a turn off.

3. What is your favourite scent for a massage product? Do you like just one fragrance, a mixture, or fragrance-free? either frangrance-free or strawberry.

4. How likely would you be to choose an 'unusual' massage scent, such as lime or chilli? very unlikely

5. Do you/would you enjoy a warming massage product? Yes. I have bought suchs products before

6. What are your top three must-have qualities when you're buying a massage product? good smell, not too runny and works for both of us.

7. What are your thoughts on massage products which 'match' your lubricant (including name/packaging/smell/taste)? don't mind eith way.

1. What is your favourite type of massage product?
Massage candles.

Not important at all.

3. What is your favourite scent for a massage product?
I prefer soft floral fragrances. If there is a mix they should complement each other well.

4. How likely would you be to choose an 'unusual' massage scent?
It could be interesting.

I love using the warm oil from massage candles.

6. What are your top three must-have qualities when you're buying a massage product?
Nice scent, easy to use/pour, absorbs well into the skin.

7. What are your thoughts on massage products which 'match' your lubricant?
I don't mind as long as the quality of the massage product is good.

1. What is your favourite type of massage product?

Oil, I do prefer one that doesnt dry out for handjobs

For massaging, definitely. I like to use all my body to massage my partners.

3. What is your favourite scent for a massage product? Do you like just one fragrance, a mixture, or fragrance-free?

Most often I dont recall the fragrance being part of the fun. Flavours would be interesting tho.

4. How likely would you be to choose an 'unusual' massage scent, such as lime or chilli?

Only if its one I know I would like.

Definitely, partner hates cold massage oils.

Affordability, Slickness & amount of time it can be used before dried on the skin.

7. What are your thoughts on massage products which 'match' your lubricant (including name/packaging/smell/taste)?

Doesnt bother me at all, more interested in it doing the job.

Hello all,

We're doing a bit of research into what people really want from a great massage product. If you have a moment to answer some questions we'd very much appreciate it. As a thank you, three people who comment will win a bottle of http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25363!

1. Candle (but they do seem to be a little hard to relight) two birds one stone, warming and romantic

2. Quite important, when a nice romantic massage leads on to other things, you don't want to kiss there body to have an awful taste in your mouth.

3. I like sweet fruity smells, strong flower smells really put me off...hate jasmine, rose ect

4. Love the sound of something like lime. Citrus smells would be nice. Chilli not so much

5. Deffo go for the warming oil!

6. Non greasy! lickable (not necessary edible, but you dont want a horrible taste if you kiss your partner, and non greasy

7. I like quirky product ranges i.e swoon packaging is lovely, but similar things can be a little hard to tell appart...i almost got massage oil for lube if i hadnt of caught him!

Would be nice if you sold a massge oil that came with a inexpensive massager too. I can't be the only one who loves the idea of giving somebody a nice sensual massage, then feel a bit daft after 5 mins because im not quite sure what to do?

Also just to be a little fairer to others, i already own the swoon massage oil, so no point in picking me as a winner (FYI i really do like it, packaging, smell, non greasy-ness)

Thanks for all your feedback guys, keep it coming!

1. What is your favourite type of massage product? (i.e. an oil, gel, candle, bar...)

I'm torn between bars and massage candles.

I think so, as normally when massaging a lover our lips get carried away too, as we spot areas of skin which look (well) kissable. Even if it's not intended I'd prefer the experience to be nice rather than getting a bitter taste on my tongue, which can be off putting.

I like one's which smell eathy and vanilla. Often these smells go down better with lovers too. Another one if berry and spicey smells.

Chilli would be nice, you could do so many mixes with it, like chilli and chocolate, etc... but I love chilli a lot and kinda scare people how easily I can eat spicey food.

Generally I'm not a fan, unless it's for sport massages. I like candles as they warm the oil naturally, I also like bars because they warm to body temp quicker than oils.

Paraben Free. I like them to be Veggie Friendly. It also must absorb into the skin nicely, even when it's coming close to its best before date (some turn clumpy the longer they are open / stored).

Matching packaging seems rather important to some people, and generally, if the packaging is designed well, a collection of the products can oddly fit better into your bathroom background - many of us have bubble baths, and other products, which all have similar packaging due to the brands we choose.

Again, having a bradname and theme tends to be good too.

These things would also help people find the products when someone is recommending them to them. Sometimes when a company has used lots of different packaging for products basically in the same range, it can take a tad longer shopping for the products. Also if you have mix and match offers, it should lead to less confusion.

Because some massage products aren't codom safe, having flavoured lubricants would be a good idea too.

I'd also like to see packaging which is a bit different to the standard containers already in use for these products. I think this is a good way to get people into using a brand, ect. There's so many lubes and things which are packaged in the same bottles, and while they may have different labels, generally I think 'oh that's just another lube', but also when I've used a lube which hasn't gone down well with me, and I see another brand using the same bottles, I can't help but be slightly put off with using that brand (even if it is completely made up of different things).

1. Because I tend to react to all sorts of artificial ingredients, I only use the more straightforward and basic products like oils. With anything else there's a risk that I'll have a bad reaction to whatever additives are used to create a particular consistency.

2. If it's not safe enough to lick, it's not safe enough to go onto (and be absorbed by) my skin. Kisses naturally follow hands in massage too, so that's preferable.

3. I discovered by accident that lime oil works well on the skin below my neck, you know the place where women often show their age. I pick up lime massage oil when it's on sale for that. I also like ginger, vanilla and rose.

4. Lime oil is fairly common amongst natural products, would you be using that or an artificial flavour? For 'unusual' scents, I like some of the old traditional ones which have been used for centuries (particularly in central Asia, India, etc). Modern aromatherapy can be a lot of silliness, but there's merit in the old ways. The Good Clean Love people got it right (at least with the ones in their sampler set LH used to stock), even if their ad copy is a bit much. :-) Their 'love oils' are best used sparingly though and would be overwhelming (IMO) for body massage. They don't list which oils though, maybe Bonnie knows?

5. I like the idea of it, but it would depend on how it was achieved.

6. No 'parfum', 'fragrance', or other petrochemical derivatives. This is so important that I could easily give it the top ten slots of importance. After that, I look at the properties of the ingredients and any previous experience I've had with them.

7. Since lubricant is applied directly to very sensitive tissue, I stick to unflavoured/unscented only and don't experiment much. I can see the appeal of coordinated products though. More of the same seems a bit much though, so I'd prefer (if I could use them) related/go-together tastes/scents rather than identical ones.

1 always go for oil

2 kissable and lickable is a must, nothing like the urg to kiss partner while massaging.
3 we prefer something that has a sweetness to it, ie strawberry etc etc

4 chilli is not for us,although lime could be good if not to sharp

5 we prefer an oil that warm with use, brings that bit more to the massage.

6 has to dry into the skin but not too quickly, leaves no stains on bedding. Can be lickable and used be used for all over massage and lubrication.

7 not really fussed on the packaging, if it does what it says on the tin then I will repeatedly buy it. As for putting them on the side in bathroom anything that's for the bedroom is kept in the bedroom "box of tricks". Massage oils that works as a lube are a must for me.

1. oil

2. not at all

3. mild but pleasant. Ironically, Swoon's product is one of the very few that we like the scent of! I think it's the coconut scent that works for us

4. not very. We stick with the tried and true.

5. Not really interested in warming

6. mild scent, all-natural, gliding sensation

7. I doubt it would make a difference.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121093017961?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

1. Me and my fiance love oils. We've tried a few different things - candles, massage lube, oils and such, and overall it has to be oils. Not only is it good for fluid movement while massaging it doesn't become sticky and naturally dries. You can also get it in different scents which is nice.

an added bonus of the oils being so slippy is the feeling during sex. Being able to slide against your partner during sex the way you do covered in oil is just an amazing feeling

2. I like whatever we use to be lickable simply because i like to sink my teeth into her soft spots every so often to keep her awake

3.Each time we get a new bottle we try to pick a different scent or flavour just to try them out and get around as many as we can to find out what we like most.

4.We wouldnt be opposed to trying unusual scents/flavours but wouldn't pick anything to drastic like chilli lol things are hot enough

5. Not really fussed on warming products as i sad its usually hot enough

6. Long lasting, Nicely scented/flavoured and very slippy

7. I'm not fussed on packaging or names. Although if flavours or scents matched up nicely that would be good

Extras....

How about lubes or oils you could mix while massaging or such so that they make different flavours like chocolate and strawberries or different fruits you could mix together.

Also you asked about unusual flavours how about things like coca cola or cookies and stuff just a thought

Michael

Either a candle or oil. If it's a planned massage then candle, otherwise would use oil as the delay between lighting the candle and having enough oil from it can be too long.

Important. Oils tend to get everywhere and would still like to kiss the OH after/during massage.

Personal preference would be vanilla. Dislike anything floral. Sweet smells such as cherry, or spicy/'masucline' smells are also nice.

Would be likely to try an unusual scent if available in a trial size as well as in normal size. For instance would not want to spend £10+ on an unusual full sized candle to find out we didn't like it/it was too unusual.

Yes very much so. Find the warming sensation both relaxing and sensual.

Not greasy, nice fragance, ethically sourced.

Not too bothered about matching products. Would be helpful if products are easily discernible so would not confuse oil with lube or one oil with a different oil. So similar enough to be recognised as a set while being dissimilar enough to not confuse between products.

Easily washable would be a really nice addition to any massage product. Whether that be from clothing/bedding or from ourselves.

1.Candle less messy not geasy this is fab 3 in 1 product - http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22425

2. Very as don't want to lose the connection from his lips while his hands are all over my body

3. No fragance or very sutle smells that are very nice and relaxing

4. If we are looking for something different would definatly look in to it

5. Yes adding extra heat is always good.

6. Doesnt leave a stain or ruin clothing , and doesnt have ingredients that effect senstive skin or cause reaction, lets his hands glide over the body but not make use geasy

7. Not really bothered about matching if its a good product I will be back for more

1. Used oil exclusvly, dont know why

2. Very

3. Fragrance. Anything but sandlewood, my shaving soap is sandlewood. For those who dont know, its Talc, I didnt

4. VERY

5. Meh

6. Awesomeness trumps cost

7. Not really tried many lubes, but in theory, yes

May not have answered all the questions.

1. Oil/Gel, something in a bottle that's easily accessible straight away

2. Very, I like to kiss my OH's body during a massage

3. Anything fruity, I like Coconut, Strawberry based products mainly, big fan of the Starberry and Pina Colada Lube's for their taste/scent/

4. It would be possible, a sweet chilli would be better than spicy. As for lime, mix it with Tequila and salt for a very happy massage. Chilli and chocolate could go well.

5. I have tried tingle gels in the past, so would be up for warming ones.

6. Smooth, non-greasy, taste friendly

7. Matching scents aren't a problem but similar packaging could lead to confusion that could end up being bad! Massage oil as a lube wouldn't go down well...