Masturbation increasing sex drive?

Hi, I am just starting menopaue and have been given oestrogen vaginal pessaries, I have been using them for a few weeks or more and did not notice any difference initially , however, I have gone from rarely thinking about sex (although when my partner initiated it I would enjoy myself) to hardly being able to think of anyhting else! My partner works  away for a week at a time and I have been masturbating once or twice a day, which is totally unheard of for me. I hardly ever masturbated before while i've been in a relationhip and having sex once a week would be enough for me. The thing is whilst I feel a temporary relief, it doesn't last (unlike having sex) and I am thinking about sex and feeling aroused again hours after. I dont know if this is the horrmone pessaries, or what, I am beginning to get a bit worried about it, and am not getting much done! I know it is different for men, but do any other ladies have this problem? Masturbating seems to be making me more horny!

Yep ...me !!

I'm 50 and now going through the menopause and whilst I've always had a very high sex drive, the past 3 years or so its gone through the roof. I can masturbate easily 25 times a day and still need much more. I dont find it an issue but it can be a bit time consuming...lol I've got a doxy wand which fortunately makes me orgasm within a couple of minutes so although I still do it loads...I do have time to get other things done as well ! xx

I don't see it as a problem! It's the same with sex, the more you have it the more you want it. The less sex you have, the less interested in it you become. masturbating is definitely addictive and I'm absolutely fine with having an addiction with having sex with myself lol. Can't comment on menopause however, I am in my 20s. your brain has become addicted to how good masturbating makes you feel I guess. ? Try to control it if you're worried, do something else instead of masturbating to take your mind off it :)

When I got my IUD my sex drive went through the roof and I found myself always thinking about sex and masturbating 3 times a day some days (and because of that I eventually found Lovehoney). So things affecting your hormones can most definately affect your sex drive. To me it is a positive, because masturbation is good for your health and it makes you happy (even though it can be annoying because my drive is higher than my OH's)

Thank you ladies that has reassured me. It is hard I find to bring these things up even with close female friends. OH back in a couple of days so should be feeling better then, other than that will need to get rechargable batteries!

The more I masturbate the more I want sex, especially if it's just a clitoral orgasm. At my house I talk in code in front of the kids and say that I have EFS (Empty Fanny Syndrome) I am just so horny and I need to be filled, my vagina literally just feels empty and is craving sex!

The more I masturbate the more I want sex, especially if it's just a clitoral orgasm. At my house I talk in code in front of the kids and say that I have EFS (Empty Fanny Syndrome) I am just so horny and I need to be filled, my vagina literally just feels empty and is craving sex!

Agree with Squirty Panda, the more I do it the more I want it. That's the same for masturbation and sex. And I want it enough even when I'm not getting any at all!

Gem276 - I will be stealing the term EFS! Priceless. :D

I need to use that to love the efs 😀 especially with kids migth even get creative and cum up with more

Haha! I love that you guys are pinching that! Abbreviations are key, especially now that they can spell too!!

Enjoy it, I am going to enjoy growing old disgracefully! I am finding so many new things that turn me on. "Use it or loose it" is what I think.