Meh :(

Anyone else had a complete 'meh' time, when everything you buy is just a teeny bit rubbish? Toys not been how you expected, clothes not fitting, ..sighhh!

Still gonna spend all my money on here though!! ;D

Yes, definate "meh" time going on for me.

Dad shattered his foot ended up in hospital and unable to walk. Mum's sounding depressed because she's not getting out.

Best friend and co-worker had op on his ankle, also unable to walk while his wife is away so I'm doing his work at the office on top of mine and then stopping by on the way home to take care of him, prep some food and clean up the house.

Wife had migraine for 2 weeks now with little break, had CT scan and bloodworks done and its nothing serious thank fully - diagnosed as "chronic daily headache" :(. Which means she's spending her time feeling miserable in a dark room a lot of the time and I'm looking after the house and kids.

Car's playing up, the autobox park sensor overheats with all the short trips. It then either insists its not in park and wont start (until I pour water over the sensor) or decides it is in park after it starts and will only select 4th gear!

so yes, nothing too serious in the grand scheme of things but i'd like to join you on the "meh :(" step of life. Things have to pick up soon for us dont they?

meh time but for a different reason but never mind. Cheer yourself up with some vintage clothes and hats

Me too, and I was on such a high Sunday night and Monday! Missed a lecture today, yesterday's fencing was good and bad at the same time and I feel so uninspired and lethargic. And I have constant pins and needles in 2 fingers...

no current meh moments in my life right now but everyone goes through stages like this its life sadly im sure things will pick up

Aww I meant Lovehoney shopping related meh but ohwww hugs for all of you!! I've been a bit meh in life too and have been around a few deaths this year. Three funerals in the past month! I think maybe I'm getting a touch of depression and that's why I've been so disappointed with my purchases actually. Even the happy smiley face bullet which was supposed to cheer me up annoyed me because it's ridiculous to get into the battery compartment!!

Hope everyone feels better soon!!

Randy Muppet can you just go and ask for CT scans? I've head recurring headache for a while now and I'm getting worried as two of these deaths have been aneurysms so that's been playing on my mind as a possiblity! :(

My toys are always a bit meh. Even when I think "wow" the first few times I use them none of them ever gets me to orgasm and it seems to be harder to get close the more I try so after a while I get the "meh" feeling about giving them another go even when I'm in the mood. I've been a bit that way ever since I moved to my new accommodation though...must be something in the air!

Maybe you're not relaxed then if you think it's since your new home. You scared you'll get heard or something? Perhaps that's getting in your way? x

I'm always scared of being heard, but perhaps more so than in my "real" home because I know the walls are much thinner than in my parents' house.

maltedmilk wrote:

...when everything you buy is just a teeny bit rubbish?

Although I'm pretty happy all the time, as far as purchases are concerned I apply Epstein's Axiom: "With extremely few exceptions, nothing is worth the trouble." And it works a treat - I'm never very unhappy with anything I buy because I'm expecting it to be $h!t€ and if its good I'm delighted 8-)=

Cat Lady wrote:

I'm always scared of being heard, but perhaps more so than in my "real" home because I know the walls are much thinner than in my parents' house.

this! universities seem to like thin walls, so silly, i can't bring anyone home either because i quite like my neighbour, i dont want to bump into her and get the awkward "i heard you having sex" look!

Loula wrote:

Cat Lady wrote:

this! universities seem to like thin walls, so silly, i can't bring anyone home either because i quite like my neighbour, i dont want to bump into her and get the awkward "i heard you having sex" look!

I barely know the girls in my block because there's never much chance or reason to sit and chat, but yeah, I don't exactly want them knowing I have toys, either!

Cat Lady wrote:

I barely know the girls in my block because there's never much chance or reason to sit and chat, but yeah, I don't exactly want them knowing I have toys, either!

i know the feeling, we dont even have like a dining area in my halls so we all just eat in our rooms. everyone seems nice enough, i just definitely dont know them well enough to whip a vibrator out! Are you in your first or second year? I'm only in my first year and the stress is already taking hold, the 40% pass rule doesn't comfort me at all!

Maltedmilk,
CT scans are expensive so are on doctors referral unless your rich. Besides they might not be the right type of scan for your concerns, CT scans are not as details MRI so it depends on what they're looking for I guess. My knowledge of these things ends with google!

If you have any concerns or a having regular or prolonged headaches go see the doctor! They should refer you to the hospital for tests if there is any chance something more serious is wrong, if your not happy with their decision you can ask for a second opinion or ask to be referred.

Loula wrote:

i know the feeling, we dont even have like a dining area in my halls so we all just eat in our rooms. everyone seems nice enough, i just definitely dont know them well enough to whip a vibrator out! Are you in your first or second year? I'm only in my first year and the stress is already taking hold, the 40% pass rule doesn't comfort me at all!

I'm a postgraduate. We have a 50% pass rate which makes it harder! I did ok as an undergraduate so hopefully I will be fine when the time comes to do assignments.

I didn't live in halls before though. Due to the way my undergraduate course was structured, I got to live at home the first 2 years then I moved to a house in my 3rd year with people I didn't know and spent most of my time in my room! The same is kinda happening here.

We have a dining area in the kitchen, so I occasionally eat there when I have stuff like soup that has to be eaten at a table, but there's no TV or radio or anything to promote communal activity, and the chairs are like school chairs, so I mostly eat in my room because then I can watch a DVD, catch up TV or surf the internet while I eat. Bad, I know, but I barely see the others except in passing and eating all by myself with nothing to look at or listen to is BORING! I'm actually tempted to buy a radio if I can find one cheap enough.

Plus in my block of 8 most of them are foreign students which can make communication and relating to one another a bit difficult, especially when I struggle in social situations. As a British resident, I'm definitely in the minority. There are apparently a couple of communal lounges on the campus but those are for everyone and presumably busy (I have never been to them!) which puts me off. Also, there are 3 postgraduate blocks and LOADS of undergraduate blocks so there's the whole issue of being in the minority even if I went to the communal lounges . There just isn't a good way to get to know my group of 8 and possibly others in my block.