member profiles and gender

Some members don't specify in their profile whether they are male or female. It is helpful to know this, as it puts a different slant on what is written. If you haven't identified your gender, it would be great if you went to your profile and modified it.

A lot of people removed their gender and personal details due to issues with unwanted messaging when the chat function was still active,

Hi Cat Lady how are you? Nice to see you posting!

While I agree that it is useful to have some background information when responding to a post, I also agree with Cat Lady.

I know chat is not running but I seem to have been swamped by friend requests from people that I have never seen post and when I look on their profiles I think why to you want to be friends with me?

It just makes me feel suspicious! Why would a girl the same age as my son's girlfriend what to be my friend unless they are after something?

I would add though I have made some really good friends on here who I enjoy a laugh with and have had some great conversations with while chat was working and via email since but you do need to be careful.

HH

Some of us are also couples. The wife and myself share the same profile.
Mr and Mrs Badger.

Hampshire Hogg wrote:

Hi. Yeah, I haven't really had much to say recently, though I still read threads that I think will be interesting. Things change, I suppose.

I'm not too bad, been spending too much time over easter messing about with computer games, watching tv and procrastinating on uni work! The coming week is going t obe spent trying to get full first drafts of 2 essays! That's about 6000 words I need to write - fortunately I already have approx 2000 words already for the 5000 word one!

Hope all is well with you too.

Cat Lady wrote:

Hampshire Hogg wrote:

Hi. Yeah, I haven't really had much to say recently, though I still read threads that I think will be interesting. Things change, I suppose.

I'm not too bad, been spending too much time over easter messing about with computer games, watching tv and procrastinating on uni work! The coming week is going t obe spent trying to get full first drafts of 2 essays! That's about 6000 words I need to write - fortunately I already have approx 2000 words already for the 5000 word one!

Hope all is well with you too.

Things are not too bad although I had a horrible cold over Easter which knocked me out for four days and I am still recovering.

Sounds like you have a busy week ahead though! I hope all goes well.

HH