Men in pink? šŸ’—

I think pink is a great colour i used to love wearing pink shirts or t-shirts when i was djing .infact i have pink underwear on now as we speak :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I typically donā€™t wear pink but funnily I did see the other day a guy with his lady partner wearing a pink top and oddly it highlighted to me that it kinda depends on how the man carries himself and styles it to wether it suits them or not

1 Like

No problem wearing pink, more in formal collared shirts, rather than tee-shirt.

1 Like

Not directly related to question but i figured it was worth commenting. My dad is pretty ā€˜masculineā€™ by most traditional definitions but wears way more pink than me or my mum. The only comments he ever really gets is on standing out in a crowd sometimes when itā€™s an especially bright shade. So yeah wearing whatever colour you want should be more normalised, especially if you like it and think you look good :smiling_face:

4 Likes

I would never wear pink.

1 Like

I pick my son up every friday from my parents (both in their 70s) and take him swimming. I have a pair of pink trunks. Virtuality every week i get a comment from one of them. Doesnā€™t bother me, they are from a different era. Doesnā€™t bother me wearing them either. Have a nice pink short also. Seriously if a colour bothers folk that much, you donā€™t have enough to bother you in life.

5 Likes

OH has a few light pink shirts and t shirts. He wears the t shirts more frequently, shirts are only worn when a suit is needed. Wearing pink is no different from wearing a red or orange t shirt. Donā€™t see what the big issue is with men wearing pink, itā€™s just a colour. Youā€™ll look great in a grey suit/pink shirt, its a great colour combo

1 Like

Thanks @sammylou_1, I have no problem with the idea of wearing pink, and I agree with those who say it doesnt matter what others think but its quite refreshing to see how many men on LH are also comfortable wearing pink, whilst the general census on the internet is men who wear pink are ā€œconfident, secure in his sexuality while being comfortable in his own skinā€

1 Like

Go for it @Yes_man if youā€™re happy with the shirt.

I have a checked pink and blue shirt that I wear, plus some pink cycling gear. However, my favourite pink items of clothing are underwear :grin:

https://lovehoneyforum.com/t/lingerie-photo-uploads/257652/416?u=love_wasp

2 Likes

I agree, certain amount of people will focus on what others are doing to avoid there own issues, if something is not to their liking they will use it as an escapism from their own issues to criticise others that maybe slightly different. As such the younger generation grow up with the perceived perception that something as simple as wearing Pink, is not right.

This is not new, decades of people being slightly different have faced opposition for what they were or how they dressed, sadly it will continue.

The important thing has always been to not give a F*ck.

7 Likes

Regarding clothes itā€™s actually quite interesting. Iā€™ve seen some studies about it and itā€™s usually considered to be very closely related to misogyny. Which makes sense in a way, itā€™s become normal for a woman to wear trousers and more ā€˜masculineā€™ colours yet itā€™s considered wrong for a male to wear pink or a skirt? I think itā€™s related to something about ā€˜men lowering themselvesā€™ by wearing ā€˜female clothesā€™.

The origins are interesting but honestly make it seem even more like bollocks to me :joy: unless itā€™s somehow hurting someone you should be able to wear what you like

2 Likes

Old guy here and would never wear pink or purple except underwear . But thatā€™s just me , wear whatever makes you happy . Now that you are getting married , as long as your spouse does not dislike it you will be fine .

3 Likes

I think a bloke looks nice in a pale pink shirtā€¦and pink and grey together do look stunning.

(I myself donā€™t wear pink or purpleā€¦donā€™t like them on myself)

6 Likes

Thats it, im on a mission .
Pink t shirt buying expedition for my iminent holiday.:grin:

2 Likes

So my ex wife asked me to house sit our dog while she and the kids went away. She bought me a 5 pack of new swimsuits thongs one of which was neon pink. My bf and were in the backyard bronzing and when I stood up he turned on his side and got rock hard. I secretly liked the color and he did too.

That being said we are both bi and still like women but the pink really was a great change of pace

2 Likes

I enjoy pink; although itā€™s not my favourite colour it makes a refreshing change from neutral colours. I have seen men in pink getting comments from colleagues/friends/family like Oh nice pink shirt. (sometimes with a tone of sarcasm, sometimes not). I personally love it when people feel confident enough to wear whatever they feel comfortable in. Itā€™s great to see fashion being fun.

3 Likes

I have several pink lingerie setsā€¦but I donā€™t think thatā€™s exactly what you were talking about :grin:

2 Likes

@Yes_man - Did you go with the very classy pink and grey in the end? Did you feel good? And, did you get a positive response from the other wedding guests?

3 Likes

Thanks for asking @Peitho but weddings at the end of the month so not yet, my 16 year old daughter saw the shirt and loved it, Not sure Iā€™ll be allowing but might try and post a pic. XxX

2 Likes

Pink shirt with a grey suit is a very snappy combo. Wear the hell out of that thing!

2 Likes