Mens waxing

It needs to be at least 5mm long depending on the type of wax used. Try and avoid hot wax and strips (it hurts more but is great for legs etc). Try and get hot wax which hardens and is peeled off itself. Also if you regularly shave the first time waxing may really hurt but will be better thereafter. Take painkillers!

Thanks. May try that salon suggested in a couple of weeks..... Xmas treat for myself, if I pluck up enough courage to go in

Bingo Caller wrote:

Thanks. May try that salon suggested in a couple of weeks..... Xmas treat for myself, if I pluck up enough courage to go in External Media

Let me know BC

I live very close to the salon but am away for x mas. If it works out that would be fantastic news for me!

And thank you ER for suggesting it - big help :)

I've self waxed. Couple of asprins before hand and some places arnt too bad. The balls are easy to wax and don't hurt too much. I wouldn't really suggest waxing any where else by yourself.

I've recently started trying Veet for men (basically the same as regular Veet but in a manly blue tube) and that works pretty well, no pain at all. The results last for ages too compared to shaving. The trouble is that it says not to use it in 'sensitive areas' (balls etc) so you might want to try the bikini line version of Veet.

I wouldn't really want to get waxed, not because of the pain but because I don't want some crazy lady accidentally ripping my nuts off.

Mentioned it to the OH who didn't look too impressed! Think I'll need to get him to come and read this. Possibly leaving out the mention of possible pain tho!

lucy.loo wrote:

Mentioned it to the OH who didn't look too impressed! Think I'll need to get him to come and read this. Possibly leaving out the mention of possible pain tho!

That would be dishonest and the next time you suggest it, he'll more than likely tell you where to stick it!External Media

Suggest a trim, or a shave etc. Build him up!