Metal cock ring advice

Hi,

I have recently bought my first metal cock ring and have found that it rubs the top of my shaft while wearing it around the shaft and balls. I'm not sure if this is to be expected or whether a larger size would be more comfortable.

All advice would be welcome.

Cheers

Hiya! I have no idea about your querie but I know a man who does. I hope Hampshire Hogg notices this thread as he would know, I would say he's the Lord of the rings and will probably be able to help you out.

I cant be of much help as I have no experience with metal rings but have you tried applying some lube to stop the rubbing, or at least reduce it? You might be right though, in that it is the wrong size for you and maybe you need to upgrade to a larger model.

BUMP for HH to see its an expert in these as Mrs A says x

It is nice to be called. An expert, but based on this thread so far, I must be!

Close Shave, you have not said what size ring you have, but i have had the issue you describe with a smaller ring. I tend to go for a two inch ring rather than anything smaller.

There is a guide to measuring yourself for a cock ring on the website, however obviously there is no give with a metal ring so I have always gone for a larger size.

I hope this helps

HH

It sounds like I've been a bit pesimisitic with a 1.75inch ring. I was considering the 1.87inch but might just go for the 2inch. I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/male-sex-toys/buyers-guide/how-to-measure-for-a-cock-ring/ is a great guide for choosing the right size cock ring. You only need the circumference which is easy to find out.

It isn't great going to the biggest size as even if it does fit it may not give the right effects due to it being too loose. I would recommend measuring yourself and finding the right size for you.

Oh and I have just found this advice: Some cock rings aren’t stretchy or adjustable (such as those made from metal). A rigid cock ring will need to be 0.25 inches - 0.5 inches smaller than your own diameter measurement to provide a good fit without constricting you too much.

Metal cock rings aren’t recommended for beginners as they provide much more constriction than those made from softer materials, meaning the sensation is very intense. With metal cock rings you do need to be experienced as they cannot be stretched and pulled off or cut off if you want to remove them in a hurry.

Yes - you're better starting big. I have just gone to 1.87" on the latest rings I bought from LH - all previous ones were 2" and are good but sometimes can become too loose, particularly when I want to wear it for a longer period in a "relaxed" state.

The 1.87" ones are quite a challenge to get on, but the result is great and at that size they're a great fit - at least on me.

As previously mentioned, you need to measure yourself - use string or a tape measure to get an idea of the size that feels comfortable

WooHoo wrote:

all previous ones were 2" and are good but sometimes can become too loose, particularly when I want to wear it for a longer period in a "relaxed" state.

This is obviously a personal thing, I actually like the feeling of the ring being slightly loose when I am in the "relaxed" state, particularly when I am wearing it all day.

So I don't necessarily think there is one answer to this one, a bit of experimentation is in order to discover what is best for you.

Personally I don't think I would be happy wearing a ring that was on the tight side for too long, whereas I can and do wear my favourite 2 inch ring for days at a time.

Ork wrote:

I remember reading some where on here years ago, you can only wear a cock ring for like half an hour before skin tissue starts to die or something, though I assume that is in regard to tight fitting ones... and I admit doesn't sound very creddible lol.

I have read this also, I think it must refer to any ring that is tight enough to restrict the flow of blood from the penis. Because a large metal ring is worn around the penis and balls an is not flexible, once an erection subsides blood flow is not restricted and therefore it is safe to continue to wear the ring.

I have seen smaller metal rings that are designed to go behind the glass of the penis. I have never used these as I imagine they could be a lot more dangerous.

I would also suggest that you would need to be careful of tight flexible rings and use common sense, which may be where the twenty minute rule came from.

If when using a cock ring of any type, the penis feels cold or uncomfortable then the ring should be removed immediately,