Misheard song lyrics

Always a fun one to find what lyrics people miss hear.... Soooo what songs do you regualy miss hear and what do you hear it as?

The song that I am currently listening to (Iced Earth - Violate) I miss hear 'Enter now' for 'Inter-nal'

When I was a child I was CONVINCED that the Dr. Hook song 'When you're in love with a beautiful woman' was actually 'when you're in love with a beautiful WOMBAT' haha. My mum has never let me forget this one x

2 Likes

Fade to grey = weve made the grade

Fall Out Boy- Dance Dance.

Always sounds like he's saying "tits tits"

The whole of 'This Ain't A Scene...' by Fall Out Boy is one huge misheard lyric. This sums it up perfectly www.youtube.com/watch?v=LucfKdukf10

"This ain't a scene it's a god damn arse face" is how I always hear it!

Can't understand a word that guy says!

Haha that video is hilarious I've only seen the Dance Dance one before!

1 Like

I keep on hearing 'fear of the dark' as 'fear of the duck'

I hear REM's The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonight as 'calling Jamacia', rather than 'Call me when you try to wake her up'. Or whatever it is.

2 Likes

David Bowie's Life On Mars is the one that automatically springs to mind for me. The lyric is "It's a God-awful small affair", but I heard it for YEARS as "There's a God-awful smell in here".

Also, not a misheard lyric of mine, but I read on the internet that someone misheard "Might as well face it, you're addicted to love" as "Might as well face it, you're a dick with a glove" - apparently they thought it was a song about Michael Jackson. I read it years ago, but I CANNOT help but substitute the lyric every time I hear the song

2 Likes

When I was a kid "Play That Funky Music White Boy" by James Brown came on the radio, and I asked my dad why they were allowed to play it and he looked at me confused and asked why wouldn't it be and I said "because it is saying play that fucking music white boy" and he laughed at me :( and still teases me.

When I was little I used to think 'Tom Jones - Mamma told me not to come' was 'mammatonia.com', don't ask me why! Kids will be kids!

No matter how old i get or how many times i hear it.... summer of 69 will always start "I had my first real sex dream"

1 Like

luckylesbo wrote:

No matter how old i get or how many times i hear it.... summer of 69 will always start "I had my first real sex dream"

Oh, brilliant. Hello, another thing I will NEVER be able to unhear...

sub-kitten wrote:

When I was a child I was CONVINCED that the Dr. Hook song 'When you're in love with a beautiful woman' was actually 'when you're in love with a beautiful WOMBAT' haha. My mum has never let me forget this one x

thats so cute hahahaha

abbas chichiquita, i thought was chicken tikka

i always change the words though, all pink floys lyrics for some reason instead of comfortably numb, i say comfortably dead, and instead of great gig in the sky, i say great pig in the sky. im a weirdo :P

Oh HandcuffedLover that is AMAZING. I was able to sing the whole song using your lyrics!

For years I thought the the Verves, "now that drugs don't work" was actually "Now that Trucks don't work". I honestly couldn't understand the meaning of the song. If the trucks don't work, can't you just send a mechnic?

Also, I dont underdstand ANYTHING played on Radio 1. But I like to think thats because I've progressed into adult hood ;)

I think this guy just got the whole thing wrong:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7oGx2dImE8

My French friend thought the final countdown was saying the final condom! haha

luckylesbo wrote:

I thought thats how it started. until i googled it 10 seconds ago. now i feel silly ...