I think the moderator needs to see if rules have been broken re new members this week. Profile images

It would be quicker if you just reported a thread from the poster. That way it will come to Jess's attention much quicker .

I havnt seen any myself .

mysteron wrote:

It would be quicker if you just reported a thread from the poster. That way it will come to Jess's attention much quicker .

There's a couple but they haven't posted, they're just in the 'New this Week' list.

Ian Chimp wrote:

mysteron wrote:

There's a couple but they haven't posted, they're just in the 'New this Week' list.

In that case it may be more prudent to send an Email via Customer Services FAO Jess .

I have sent an E Mail via Customer Care for Jess's Attention .There are a couple I have just seen .

Hi

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I've now removed the offending images.

Please remember to use the report function to highlight rule breaking posts and images.

Reporting in the usual way means that whoever is moderating can see the report file (this is the first and last thing we check every day).

Emailing is oookaaayyy, but if whoever in Customer Care picks up your email doesn't realise Leanne isn't here and forwards your email to her, it could be weeks before it's seen.

Thanks again

If they haven't posted anything how do we report them?

Ian Chimp wrote:

If they haven't posted anything how do we report them?

Yes I wondered that too. the report function only seems to be for posts and lots of times they haven't actually posted anything.

I think you can do this by reporting your own post and then when you type out your reason you just put the screen name and the reason why you are reporting them.

K&c30's wrote:

I think you can do this by reporting your own post and then when you type out your reason you just put the screen name and the reason why you are reporting them.

Didnt think of that !

Certainly easier than E mailing .

K&c30's wrote:

I think you can do this by reporting your own post and then when you type out your reason you just put the screen name and the reason why you are reporting them?

Thank you! Never thought of doing that .

K&c30's wrote:

I think you can do this by reporting one of my posts and then when you type out your reason you just put the screen name and the reason why you are reporting them.

That's a good idea. 👍 I'll do that in the future. 🙂

Lol I really hope I am right with that advise. I seem to remember Leanne suggesting it some time ago. Hopefully Jess or Leanne can confirm.

At end of the day its upto us to police the forum as both Leanne when she is back and Jess have more important jobs to do . We report it, they remove it .

K&c30's wrote:

Lol I really hope I am right with that advise. I seem to remember Leanne suggesting it some time ago. Hopefully Jess or Leanne can confirm.

Great tip!

As many of you know, when you hit 'report' on a thread, it doesn't actually tell us what or who you're reporting. It just sends us a notification that something has happened.

This is why we always ask that you tell us the title of the thread, username of the offending poster and the date, time and page we can find the post on.

If you need to report an image, just click on any of the 'report this post' buttons, and tell us you're reporting an image. Give us a username of the rule breaker and a brief description of the picture (eg: nudity. sexual activity.) and we'll hunt it down.

mysteron wrote:

At end of the day its upto us to police the forum as both Leanne when she is back and Jess have more important jobs to do . We report it, they remove it .

Mmm... Not quite. We REALLY appreciate everyone's help in reporting rule breakers, and we would probably miss a lot if it wasn't for you guys and your beady eyes! But we certainly don't leave it down to you members to police. I would hate for members to think we don't actively moderate. We regularly nip into the forum (even on our days off!) to check everything is hunky dory.

We do have other daily responsibilities which mean we can't be in the forum 24/7, but moderating this forum is just as important as our other jobs.

I would say we are more like police informants 😀

K&c30's wrote:

I would say we are more like police informants 😀

Thats a good way of putting it.

At end of the day there are much more of us than just the 2 mods . So the chances of one of us spotting something untoward is quite high .

I found being a Moderator, as being a thankless task and unless you scrutinise every post something will slip though under the radar and thats were we come in .

If anyone wants more info on the Report Function here's the thread -

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1351670-reporting-threads-please-read/

I like how many 'suspended users' there are in the comments. 🙂

Ian Chimp wrote:

If anyone wants more info on the Report Function here's the thread -

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1351670-reporting-threads-please-read/

I like how many 'suspended users' there are in the comments. 🙂

Some of them, Ian. did leave on their own accord . Not all were banned . I did know some of those suspended users .Lol