Modification

Anyone else here modify/fix their toys here? Maybe notice something the manufacturer can improve on. Features to leave out in future etc.

Toy name:

LH Link:

Modification Description:

Toy name: Roll Play Large Butt Plug with Jiggle Ball and Suction Cup

LH Link: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32149

Modification Description:

Cut off the Suction cup tab with sharp scissors and clean up with art scalpel. Initially seemed like a neat feature more toys with suction base should have. Then realised how distracting it is being prodded and tickled by this this when inserted. After a few complaints I worked out how to remove this without destroying the toy.

Can't say i've ever had the urge to modify any of the toys I own - I certainly would never remove anything that has been designed to prevent a toy from getting stuck inside my body.

I will agree and say I prefer T-Bar style bases on butt plugs, rather than suction cups - hence why I tend to avoid them.

You may like this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7EQ4xsq9QA

I'm in the process of doing this with my original.

DavidB1986 wrote:

Can't say i've ever had the urge to modify any of the toys I own - I certainly would never remove anything that has been designed to prevent a toy from getting stuck inside my body.

I will agree and say I prefer T-Bar style bases on butt plugs, rather than suction cups - hence why I tend to avoid them.

I think they meant they removed that little bit sticking out of the suction cup, not the suction cup itself. At least I hope that's what they meant, I got a bit panicked reading that!

Agree with the t-bar statement though, far more comfortable.

I have considered seam removal on a few toys I own, but then I weigh up the pros and cons and realise I'd rather have a seam than a messed up toy because my hand slipped haha.

Lovebirds_x wrote:

DavidB1986 wrote:

I think they meant they removed that little bit sticking out of the suction cup, not the suction cup itself. At least I hope that's what they meant, I got a bit panicked reading that!

I have considered seam removal on a few toys I own, but then I weigh up the pros and cons and realise I'd rather have a seam than a messed up toy because my hand slipped haha.

I see what you mean now - that makes sense.

Once got a butt plug that was way too big, not being able to return it (lesson learnt) I peeled of the outer and reshaped it a bit, ended up a textured finish oval shape big plug, more like our anatomy shape is.

Lovebirds_x wrote:

DavidB1986 wrote:

Seams can be really uncomfortable and unhygienic/ difficult to clean. Very annoying when you receive a toy with this issue and have to spend precious playtime fixing someone else’s mistake.

Easy fix (expensive over time): just use with a thick condom covering toy. This both reduces the feel of the seam and helps with the hygiene issue. http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=594

Often toys with this sort of manufacturing fault have been created with little thought for material safety, so a condom may be wise anyway. Smell and oily residue sweating from the toy are indicators of this. Where possible the more expensive silicone toys are generally better, however choice is still relatively limited and this impacts compatibility of lube.

The more time consuming mod: and this takes time and a steady hand. Use a sharp scissor or razor blade to remove as much of the seam as possible. Then using a candle or lighter carefully move the area to smooth in and out of the flame for a fraction of a second at a time. This slightly melts the material’s surface to create a shiny sealed surface again.

Always test this method on an inconspicuous part of the toy (under middle of suction cup) first as every material reacts differently. If you have never tried this method practice on an old toy first.

If the material blackens or bubbles you were too close or too slow, try to use the side of the flame. If there is no effect get closer or try for a fraction of a second longer until you get the hang of it.

Happy Moding!

The most I've ever done to a toy is removed the huge metal tag from the FSOG kegel balls. It was huge, uncomfortable and completely unecessary but fortunately it was easy to remove.