Movember 2020

Any of you guys getting involved? If so, what’s been your inspiration/cause for doing it?

For me, I’ve had a few family members lately come down with various cancers over the year, as well as depression. Now I have a bit of an online following through streaming, I’ve got enough clout to try and earn a bit of money for the charities!

I will be sad to lose the beard I’ve cultivated though! :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

I’m joining the cause, personally just to normalize talking about these things, people suffer from the big C every day and It the sooner it’s easier to talk about these things the better.

3 Likes

I prefer fanuary :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Hi done it for the last 5years

1 Like

googles

2 Likes

You’ve grown a moustache for Movember? This is something I did not know about you. :slightly_smiling_face: How impressive was the last one?

I’m afraid I’m an all-year beardy so Movember isn’t on my calendar, but I hope everyone enjoys themselves and makes some money for their charities. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Ian_Chimp never tempted to trim the beard into a handlebar, or a teeny pencil thin tash just for the month? :grin:

1 Like

I used to have a bright pink beard. :slightly_smiling_face: I’ve also had a musketeer beard and moustache (with the shoulder-length hair to match :slightly_smiling_face:), and a Lemmy one. I’ll see if I’ve still got my ‘muppet arsehole’ profile pic knocking about. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

No-one would pay me to have a silly beard. They’ve seen enough for free already. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Oh it really does, too :joy: excellent pic

2 Likes

What mo styles do people like to go for? Something crazy or more restrained?

1 Like

Im a firm supporter of Movember because what it represents. I’ve lost a mate from suicide whilst serving in the military. People in my current field of work have sadly taken there lives because of the demons they have.

Please dont get me wrong im not trying to sound flippant in any way and this is a real problem we have.

Then add in two family members who have had prostate cancer and thankfully came out the other side. This reminds me, guys get your prostate checked for fecks sake.

3 Likes

Absolutely!! And don’t forget men should be checking their breasts regularly too!

I have a couple of good friends who do it each year and it makes me super proud, and try to support in anyway I can as I think the issues it raises awareness for are SO important.

I have to say though, I once met a guy and started dating him towards the end of Movember, I was so disappointed when he shaved it off… :joy:

2 Likes

I doubt I’ll be doing anything crazy with the mo’, but I’ll be shaving it off again so I can regrow the beard properly without having a moustache and stubble for months haha.

1 Like