Neutral, natural or supernatural?

• Neutral
  • Natural
  • Supernatural
  • All of the above!
  • Depends on circumstances

0 voters

Do you have any preference when it comes to sex toy types?

Looking through the many, many sales items and seeing the full weird and wonderful things on offer (and of course the Monster Lovers thread), I’ve been thinking about different types of toys.

I generally find realistic toys a bit creepy at times and have opted for the more neutral offerings as I feel they offer something different from the real thing rather than trying to replace it.

That said I do have some realistic toys (competition win FL) and have watched some interesting film show where realistic toys have been used as a proxy for a threesome which was surprisingly hot!

How about you? Do you have different preferences depending on whether it’s a couples or solo toy?

5 Likes

Fantasy dildoes are alot of fun and i also like non realistic stuff too (like glass).
Realistic dildo wise, it very much depends. Some i find squick me out a bit as they just dont look right. I have discovered its partially the paste colour so many of them are though (just doesnt read as true fleshtone for me) and i find i get on better with darker shades of silicone.

3 Likes

I’d prefer neutral or non realistic ones but to be honest it’s more about size and texture for me. I’ll always look for something non-realistic first but if I can’t find one that fits my requirements I’ll look at the realistic ones too.

I do find the non-realistic, monster / supernatural ones more exciting in general. And I feel a bit weird using realistic ones with my husband because I worry that it would be a bit off putting for him!

2 Likes

Most of my dildos are fantasy themed because I find it really weird to have something that looks like a serverred penis.

3 Likes

I get that, I’m not a fan of how penises look so realistic toys don’t really do it for me if it’s being used on me. I prefer the brightly coloured non-realistic ones.

2 Likes

I know, right?! That’s what creeps me out too, severed body parts aren’t a sexy thing. Sex dolls are one thing and I’m torn as to what is worse, a full sex doll or one with its head, arms or legs chopped off.

I received a realistic dildo to test and the look of it kind of freaks me out :sweat_smile: The only semi-realistic one I use regularly is the lifelike lover one I have (below) and a few similar ones I’ve gotten from an indie store

Most of my dildos are either neutral or fantasy :blush: I have a few come-hither werewolf hands (to which my partner was like “what is THIS :face_with_monocle::rofl:), and the rest are more smooth and curved plain dildos :blush: I personally don’t want to feel like I’m fucking a severed penis, and even looking at the realistic dildos can freak me out a bit :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

@rosiedosie I have that one but in the pink colour. I really like it

1 Like

I have a pink one too @sharbur (and 2 of the purple ones) :sweat_smile: They’re really pretty and good dildos, so I’m hoping all the colors go on sale at some point as I want to collect at least one of each :heart_eyes: :rofl: Now if only the Vixen Mustang in rainbow would go on sale :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Come hither werewolf hands sound amazing :heart_eyes: . I have seen wand toppers shaped like dragons paws and i really want one.

Agreed, thats a really nice dildo. I also have a pink one.

4 Likes

I don’t look twice at realistic or fleshy coloured toys. Like @sharbur said, they look like they’ve been chopped off someone, haha. Not to mention, I know what a realistic dick feels like so I don’t need a copy of it. No point in having the same thing twice, right? Plus, if I’m fantasising over monsters, then I want the piece to go with it :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

I have one natural, even though it is bright pink :laughing: but it does feel super good and is great for beginners. I tend to lean towards crazy colors and neutral/non-realistic. I haven’t the skill yet to use some of the more adventurous fantasy ones. I do have a fantasy of my partner picking out their own dildo to peg me with though. Hopefully something bright and fun!

1 Like

I’d say I’m more open to trying most things once or twice so wouldn’t bother me as such on how the toy is as long as it makes me feel great

1 Like

Thanks for all the replies, I’m surprised after seeing forum member toy boxes that natural didn’t rate higher.

Neutral still is my preference and there’s a lot of variety within that category! :robot::tongue:was not one I expected. The future is weird. And fun.

1 Like

The wife and I tend to favor neutral/non-realistic. I think in some ways they are less intimidating and having them be a bit less obvious is also a nice perk if you’re ever worried someone might run across them by accident :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yes! Just thinking the same thing! To this day I have no idea whether an unexpected guest looked at the FL I had left on the side after cleaning and drying…

Going back to the steel discussion, something that looks like a work of art is much easier to try and hide in plain sight.

1 Like

I’m not totally opposed to natural ones, I have one on my saved items list but mainly because there is something different about it- it’s a thrusting one. If there was a non-realistic version then I would definitely opt for that over the realistic ones. The new 6.5 inch hitsens one will probably be my next purchase. Or the smaller 6 inch one, possibly both. I can’t decide what size I want!

2 Likes

@FindingLibido I mean, if one buys a high quality steel dildo that is both expensive and interesting to look at, why not display it proudly?

And if anyone starts asking questions, tell them they need to get their mind out of the gutter :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes