New Returns Policy (Jan2018)

Afternoon All!

I just found out that there has been a new returns policy quietly implemented and I have to say I’m a little disappointed as to me that’s what set LH apart from the rest, but at the end of the day they are a business and need to make money.

This is what customer care told me:
LH:
Sure - Due to the immense amount of items we received back (and had to destroy) we had to change it.
You can return any item within 30 days as long as they are in re-sellable condition.
This means for packed items - unopened.
No imitate items should not be worn and the labels on there.
If they come in a sealed pack - it needs to be unopened.
We still guarantee all our items for faults for a full year after purchase.
And the 3rd is our sexual hapiness guarantee.
You need to have an account with us for it.
Me:
Right, okay, thanks for clarifying. I do indeed have an account and have for a long time :)
LH:
If you have used a toy - you can return it within 30 days and we will send you an alternative - best let us know what you did not like and we will send you another one.
Me:
Oh okay, that’s good to know
And as for anything bought prior to the 19th January is covered by the previous policy?
LH:
Sure!
We cannot change a contract after it was made!

I am intrigued in the “Sexual Happiness Guarantee”, that could be really useful to some sex toy newbies.

Thoughts?

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1667586-new-returns-policy-fyi/page-4/

Hello 

We have a running thread on this, it was announced in the forum just before we changed it. 

Do take a look at the linked thread as it has more details too.

Thanks

Hi @Lovehoney_Leanne,

Following a recent response on a newer thread (B-Vibe Remote Control Vibrating Rimming Butt Plug - #9 by PleasureDrone) I was surprised to see that you would accept (apparently) used anal toys back now.

Did a search of the Forum and clicked on the link you gave above and it doesn’t seem to work.

Hi there PM. That’s because it dates from before they shifted to the new forum architecture. There are lots of these old links that don’t work any more.

Re. the returns policy: yeah I was quite surprised to hear this too, but very pleased if it’s the case. :+1:

Certainly the move was a little haphazard but would be nice for LH to confirm they really will accept used anal toys back (within a certain period).

Sex toys are covered under the Sex Toy Happiness Promise . The policy has been amended due to Covid-19 as you used to only be able to exchange the toy (whether it will revert to this at some point is unknown) but basically Lovehoney’s view is that they know not every toy will suit everyone so you can return ones that don’t. There are limits on how often you can use the promise though. For a long time, Lovehoney had a wider returns policy but a changed a couple of years ago.

2 Likes

Hi @Private_member - here’s the link to the original thread:

You can also access the terms and conditions through your account page :blush:

1 Like

Thanks, @SexInTheCity - that was worth reading, as it clarifies one crucial point for me. I was under the (mistaken) impression that an item could be returned under the Sex Toy Happiness Guarantee FOR A REFUND, but in fact it only entitles you to swap it for an alternative product. However, it looks like it would still be refundable if returned within 30 days - although this only applies if the item hasn’t been used.

You can have a refund on used toys at the moment with a 60 day returns period.

4 Likes

@SexInTheCity, did click on the terms and conditions at the bottom of the website and it all seems a little vague about what is excluded (it did seem to change regularly a few years ago).

Hopefully LH will post on Monday to confirm vibrators and anal toys can be returned in a used condition for a refund for people who just buy occasionally and don’t subscribe to anything.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh right! thanks, @Calie - that’s the new Covid 19 thing you were on about. Gotcha. :slightly_smiling_face:

First off, this topic is really old. :slightly_smiling_face: All the info is a couple of years out of date. For the current policy people should visit the Returns & Refund page (or contact Customer Care). :+1:

If you need to know in a hurry you can contact Customer Care, and they should have all the details. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

The language is a little vague, but I have used the Sex Toy Happiness Promise myself a couple of times. :+1: Mine were some time back when you had 30 days to decide and had to do a toy swop, but it was definitely for toys that had been used. :slightly_smiling_face:

As @Calie says, during Covid they’ve extended both the regular return window, and the Happiness Promise, from 30 days to 60 days. And they’re offering a refund instead of a swop for the Promise (which I hope they keep long-term, as it’s much easier that way :slightly_smiling_face:).

I know you want a Lovehoney seal of approval (one for @Lovehoney_Brenna) but I hope this helps in the meantime. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/returns-policy/

Sex Toy Happiness Promise

If you’re not completely happy with a sex toy you have bought from Lovehoney, let us know why within 60 days of receiving it and we’ll give you a full refund.

To make a claim under the Sex Toy Happiness Promise, fill in the Returns form above and choose ‘Sex Toy Happiness Promise Claim’ as the reason for returning the item.

The number of refunds you may receive under the Sex Toy Happiness Promise is limited entirely at Lovehoney’s discretion.

Please note that lingerie, lubes and better sex products and bondage items are not covered by the Sex Toy Happiness Promise.

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/promise-terms/

The Sex Toy Happiness Promise applies to all sex toys. Lingerie, lubricants, bondage items or gifts and games are excluded.

To make a claim under the Sex Toy Happiness Promise you must:

• complete a Returns form to let us know you are returning a product - choose “Sex Toy Happiness Promise Claim” as the reason for the return.
  • return the unwanted product within 60 days of receiving it.

Once we have processed your return, we will issue you with a full refund. Refunds will take up to 14 days to appear in the account from which you made your payment.

The number of refunds you may receive under the Sex Toy Happiness Promise is limited entirely at Lovehoney’s discretion.

If you return a product more than 60 days after purchase and it is not faulty, we will dispose of it in a safe and responsible manner. You will not be entitled to a refund or replacement. This also applies to any non-Lovehoney items we receive.

1 Like

Hi @Lovehoney_Leanne,

Trying to find out LH return policy for 2020 (I see the title of this thread has now been changed).

If someone finds a vibrator (for front or back) uncomfortable (so they have used it) can they return it for a refund or credit?

My understanding was the return policy was changed a few years ago so they couldn’t be but just seeking clarity.

1 Like

Hi Private_member. I don’t think Leanne works there any more. You’d be better off Mentioning @Lovehoney_Brenna. :+1: (though it’s unlikely she’ll be back on before monday)

(and I changed the Topic title to make it clearer its old info now the topic has been bumped back into the main mix :+1:)

Didn’t realise regular members had the ability to change thread titles that they hadn’t started.

@Lovehoney_Brenna, perhaps you can clarify clearly when you have a moment, can buyers return used vibrators for a refund or credit?

Just to help buying decisions …

Only TL3 Regulars (it’s my first day :slightly_smiling_face:). Hopefully I’ve been sensible with it, otherwise I’ll have ruined it for everybody else. :slightly_smiling_face:

And you may find this topic interesting while you wait for Brenna. :+1:

1 Like

Then perhaps change the title back as you ‘have the power’, trying to find out what the ‘new’ returns policy is now.

No, I think it best I leave the date in so as other people don’t think it really is a New Returns Policy. :+1: It’s already caused some confusion as it is.

The current Returns policy is on the Returns & Refunds page of the main site. They don’t tend to publish them as forum posts, though you may get the odd PSA/FYI if a change is significant enough. Hopefully Brenna can give you a fuller, more official answer. :+1:

In the meantime, if anyone still has queries they should contact Customer Care. :+1:

2 Likes

Your best bet is still the Customer Care team as they will know a lot more about it than me. But from what I have gathered, you can currently return a used Sex Toy up to 60 days after purchase for a refund.

2 Likes