New to anal play

Hello all!

My first post and I’m diving straight into a subject which has been on my mind for a long time. Anal pleasure!

Using an anal toy has always scared me, but I’ve always wanted to know if I can increase my sexual pleasure with them. I recently took the plunge and bought a set of Firefly glow in the dark butt plugs. I know they are small and I have only managed to use the smallest plug so far. I didn’t feel anything at all really, but I didn’t really expect to. I will try the middle plug next but I’m not sure about the largest of these three. It looks huge to me, but I guess it really isn’t in the scheme of these things. I’ll give it a try anyway but am I correct in guessing that the design of these things won’t reach the prostate. Am I right?

If so, I suspect I need to invest in a dedicated vibrating prostate massager, but all the reviews seem to suggest that they are too powerful for a beginner. The Lovehoney High Roller looks great but maybe I ought to get something simpler to try out first.

Do I really need a massager which is 4 or 5 inches in length to hit the spot? I thought the prostate was lower down than that.

Thanks for any tips.

7 Likes

Hi, welcome to the forum :wave:

Wow, your definitely right, the sizing between the 2nd and 3rd plug is very large and id personally recommend buying a plug with a circumference between the two as you may find your struggle with such a large jump in size. Something like 4.5” curcumference would be a good bet.

Sizing up can take a while, so you dont need to rush things. Just take it at your own pace and get comfy with the plug your using before trying a larger size.
Also, i know youve probably read this ad nauseam, but buy a good quality anal lube thats compatible with your toys and dont be afraid to use it. Lube is really important for anal and makes everything much more comfortable.

P-spot toys have a curved shape, so no theyre not going to hit it im afraid. Theres an excellent thread on p-spotting with lots of recommendations and tips Here

Another option for p-spotting is using a curved dildo. The njoy pure wand is the iconic one, but there are other, less expensive, options out there too (This one springs to mind)

4 Likes

Hello :wave:

As said above :slight_smile:

Hey dude welcome to the forum :cowboy_hat_face:
Some of the larger butt plugs can offer a nice feeling if you find the right sort but also as mentioned prostate massagers are good too and you can get some that don’t vibrate or have multiple settings so can start off with a low intensity.
Also don’t forget the pleasures of fingering!

Wow! So many replies and so soon! Thanks all for your messages and advice Green_Eyed_Girl, DanceswithPenguins and AJSTAR. Thanks for the nice welcomes!

My plan was to report back when I tried some more plugs, but that’s going to happen later on this evening with a bit of luck. I was surprised by how easy the smaller of the three plugs was accommodated so I guess the middle plug shouldn’t be too much of a problem.

I have plenty of Lovehoney lubricant so that’s not a problem. I don’t think you can have too much gel for these things.

Thanks for the link to the thread. Wow! (again) Look at that njoy Pure Wand. Problem is I think I’d be worried about losing it as it hasn’t got a large base. Looks interesting through. I guess these are the go-to dildos for anal pleasure. Maybe when I’ve had a little more experience.

As for fingering, I never had any luck with this. I just couldn’t find the spot.

As a noob to all this I cannot tell you how nerve racking it is getting started, but I’m sure most of you have already been there. Hopefully I’ll be looking back in a few weeks time wishing I’d done this sooner.

AJSTAR, you mention the larger butt plugs giving a nice feeling. This is something I have really wondered about. I have no idea what it feels like to get personal with my prostate but I wonder if I’ve already had experience of this. After going to the loo (Sorry, I really hope this isn’t TMI but I can’t think of another way of saying it) I usually feel really ‘awake’ down there and my balls become incredibly firm and sensitive for a few minutes after and this feels really good. I have wondered if this is the kind of feeling you get when you have your prostate massaged or have a plug inserted. It would be amazing to have those kind of sensations available on tap. Hey. I’m dreaming!

Thanks again for the advice. Getting ready to have a play now.

1 Like

:laughing: yes the forum is very good for info. Alot of super and incredibly helpful people on here. Always my go to for questions.

As too loosing the pure wand. The prostate is actually not that far in. Only a couple of inches, so you wont be inserting that much of it. Coupled with the fact the big end is larger than any of the plugs you currently own and the fact its not a toy you really let go of (plus, lets be honest, it is heavy). Its pretty safe. Its also actually designed for anal as well as g spotting and is massively popular for it (there are guides just on how to use this thing for p-spotting. I kid you not).

Anyway, have a wade through the p-spotting thread, its got lots of good stuff. Theres even some tips on finding it with your fingers in there (though its not easy without a toy apparently)

Thanks Green Eyes.

So much to learn. I’ll try to find the tips about finding the prostate with the fingers.

Talk about being a coward though. :blush: If you only knew how many YEARS I’ve spent thinking about this.

Perhaps I’ll share an interesting story which explains what finally pushed me to give this a go. A friend had to go into hospital following an accident. He was quite badly injured. He said that while he was there, a doctor had need to insert a finger up his bum to check for sensation (or something along those lines) and touched his prostate. It turned out that mMy friend hadn’t lost any sensation at all, luckily for him, and he commented that the touching of his prostate was really something, causing him to utter a sudden “Ooooh!” as the doctor hit the spot.

My friend is very open when talking about sex and I’ve always known that he never really enjoyed it. He never feels any great need to masturbate when alone, but suddenly he became curious. He now says that solo play is quite amazing since his new accidental ‘discovery’.

I am so pleased for him.

1 Like

We all get there at our own speed. It took me a long time to get here too, so your not alone.
If you asked me even five years ago whether id ever feel comfy even talking about anal (or sex for that matter) with complete strangers i would have laughed and given you a resounding no. Let alone actually trying it.
Its ok to not be ready to try something.

Thats a nice story, im glad your friend found something that works so well for him. Never ceases to amaze me how differently we all are wired.

It amazes me too. I have a silly motto in life. We’re all the same but we’re all different! - and I think that sums it up nicely. :joy:

So, I tried out the middle plug. It hurt! Firstly, I started with the small plug and that worked a treat. It was a little painful this time and I could really feel it inside me, which is very different to the first time I tried it when I couldn’t tell I had it in. It felt good too. Next, I tried the middle plug. I just couldn’t get it in as it was way too uncomfortable. It felt like there was some kind of barrier inside me, so I gave it up as a bad job. A few minutes later I felt a desire to use the smaller plug, which felt great while masturbating. I used that for about ten minutes and then took it out. I don’t know what possessed me, but I thought I’d give the middle plug a try a few minutes later and I got it all the way in pretty quickly. Wow! Did it feel like it was in too. :smile: It was a little uncomfortable so ten minutes and I removed it. Not bad for a beginner methinks!

Perhaps there is a future for me in anal play after all, especially in view of how good the smaller plug felt while I was playing.

As you say, Green Eyes, all at our own speed.

1 Like

So, the best thing to do with anal play is to relax, take it slow, use lots of lube and listen to your body. If you do that, over time, you’ll be amazed at what you can fit in there. I’m very experienced at solo anal play :relaxed: and even now will start a session small and work up. There’s a big step between medium and large in a lot of plugs, my advice would be to find another in between but if that’s not possible use a well lined finger and slide it in with the medium one, to help you work a little more loose. Make sure you have trimmed and filed nails to avoid any damage to yourself.

Over time you’ll get that big plug in, the biggest factor is being able to relax, there’s some involuntary muscles down there that it takes a state of whole body relaxation to get them to loosen up.

Regarding P-spot play, I’ve never found a dedicated massager that hits the spot, but oh-my have I got some dildos that do! The pleasure can range from quite nice, through wow to omg full body orgasm, feels better than regular orgasms - but this is more advanced stuff, you need to be comfortable with something in your butt first.

1 Like

Seconding @Saiph, relaxing and taking deep breaths, especially when inserting stuff, really helps. Dont force it, it can take a while for the muscles to relax. Go slow, listen to your body and If it hurts take it out.
You also dont have to insert the whole thing in one go and can just tease the tip in and out for a bit before inserting, which i find helps relax the muscles.

Linking this as it was a long post to write,

There is also alot of good info in Here, especially about positions and such

1 Like

I’m 6ft2" and with my finger can just about reach my prostrate gland. I’ve found it’s better for me to use something slightly longer that can press into it easily and also go past it and back whereas my finger isn’t longer enough. The LH curved glass dildos are good. I have the 7 inch beaded glass LH. I’ve got hard plastic full size aneros prograsm which is a great plug just to leave in relax and contract hands free. I also purchased a LH Lovehoney curved firm silicone g-spot vibratator which is great size and shape and the vibrations can help my pre cum prostate milking. I’ve been very close to prostrate orgasm but when I think I’m going to cum it comes out as wee. Even though I’ve been to the toilet lots. Think I need to go a longer time next time without drinking water.

Hey thanks so much Saiph and Green Eyes. Really appreciated. Some great advice and all points have been noted.

I know this is probably wrong, but I was thinking along the lines of “no pain, no gain”, also understanding that a little pain probably means “Take it out, NOW!” I found a way of using that sucking and pushing motion to help get things in.

To be honest, I am really surprised at the fact that I managed the medium plug on day 2! I love how it holds itself in place firmly. Pushing it out was not quite so easy though. The small plug just comes out of its own accord.

What really scares me, and I’m sure it does a lot of noobs, is the fear of any plug slipping right inside. “Hello A&E! I’ve got a rather embarrassing problem.” The base is 1 & 3/4 inches in diameter and it doesn’t seem like it’s going to disappear, but with all that lube? Next time I might look for a plug which has an even wider base, or better still one of those which curves around under the scrotum.

To be honest, the use of the plugs gives me a totally different sensation and feels good, but I lose my erection. This is probably due to worry, but there’s definitely something interesting going on down there. Inserting the first inch or so and sliding it in and out is really nice, yet it’s so smooth. I can really feel it. You’ve made me realise that I need to try some finger play again too.

I am now more hopeful of enjoying some wild orgasms at some point. Hopefully they will come in time. I enjoy sex enormously anyway, so if these orgasms really are so much better, I’m not sure how I’ll cope. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :joy: butt I’ll have fun finding out.

Loads of thanks again.

Sorry Fire_Ice1, our posts crossed.

Thanks for the tip re. the “Lovehoney Earth and Fire Curved Silicone 7 Inch dildo”. That looks great with the large flared base and not too expensive.

I now have several plugs and dildos to consider, which is great as I wasn’t sure I was going to find one just right. I’m a little concerned about that circumference, but maybe I’ll get used to that in time after I’ve completed my ‘training’!

That’s interesting about the wee. I edge for long periods and this always ends up with me needing to wee a lot. I know this is a different matter, but I wonder if there’s some relation there. It’s our own way of squirting. :wink: As long as it’s highly enjoyable.

Yeah, always pick something anal safe with a solid flared base that is larger than the part your inserting.
Ones to watch out for are the gemstone plugs as the bases on some of them could be bigger, also anything with a soft loop instead of a solid base (these aren’t meant to be left in and are really designed for keeping a finger through and pulling in and out).

Not sure if this is a daft idea, but I am tempted to tie something around the base, just in case. A length of cord or something which won’t cut into the silicone. Maybe OTT and a sure sign that I am a beginner.

Hi

This is on offer at the moment I have to be honest and say that I have not tried this version but I have tried the Non vibrating one and that is pretty good.

Lovehoney Booty Buddy 7 Function Vibrating Butt Plug 4 Inch

Top tip - if you use an @mention instead of plain text for usernames, the user will get a notification to say they’ve been mentioned. Eg. @50-Percent-Certain :+1:

Thank you VERY much for this @Fire_Ice1 and @Onlyones

I am new to the use of the @ symbols in messages so I hope the above worked. Also a big thank you to @Green_Eyed_Girl @Ian_Chimp @Green_Eyed_Girl @DanceswithPenguins and @Saiph (I think that’s everybody above.)

I have placed an order for the “Booty Buddy 7 Function Vibrating Butt Plug 4 Inch”. I think this will be the perfect intermediate plug and hopefully one which will provide a lot of fun in the process.

I think the goal is to work my way up to an aneros or a vibrating beaded type of dildo. Time will tell.

Once again, many thanks for the tips. Really appreciated!

3 Likes

Here we go. One week on and … my Booty Buddy 7 has been delivered. Not only that, but I have used it! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I managed to insert this with the greatest of ease. Fantastic! I was a little nervous but couldn’t wait to see how would it feel and what the results might be. To be honest, I wasn’t expecting too much, but I did expect a little more than what actually happened. Still, this was only the first use and my first experience of something coming into contact with my prostate.

The first thing which happened once the Booty Buddy was fully inserted was an instant and very firm erection. I didn’t expect that! I switched on the vibrating bullet and had a play with the different settings. It felt very different and quite pleasant. I thought that it might bring me to orgasm to begin with.

After about five or more minutes, I became aware of a sudden need to urinate and, to my surprise, I found pre-cum appearing and running down my length. This did not last long though and the erection started to fall away a few minutes later. It still felt good though.

I ended up questioning whether my prostate had actually been physically touched at all. I was expecting a very definite sensation of some sort. Like some kind of watershed moment where I might suddenly cried out "WOOOOOOW! and closed my eyes with ecstasy. Or is it usually more subtle than this? Maybe the Booty Buddy did not come into contact with my prostate at all.

I even got up and walked around, holding the device firmly in place, but no additional sensations were experienced. That protruding top on the Booty Buddy must surely reach the spot. No?

Concluding, it was quite a pleasurable experience, but it did not produce the sudden surge of scintillating sexual sensations I was hoping for. Maybe it will be better next time as I won’t be quite so nervous.

I know, it’s early days and I probably shouldn’t expect too much too soon. Any thoughts or tips on this would be warmly welcomed. Thanks.

1 Like