New Toy Cleaning

Hi just received my new order.

I have read that the toys need to be cleared in soapy water, but what kind of soap. I know not to use washing up liquid as that contains salt.

Please advise as one of my purchases has a oily feel and then will use toy cleaner before i get to use them.

Oh joy I live with family so have some not so descreet packaging to get rid off too.

I use the sex toy cleaner that sprays on and then rinsed.

It depends what material they are, but most toys are fine with an antibacterial soap and warm water. I often use a sex toy cleaner spray. Some toys can be boiled or put through the dishwasher - glass etc. Some silicone toys may feel sticky after washing, so you can use cornstarch or sex toy renewed to maintain their condition.

If you don't have sex toy cleaner, you can probably just use whatever hand wash you have in your bathroom already. Sud it up, rinse it off. It's the rinsing action that's the most important part anyway. You don't need to wash them in soapy water if you're using toy cleaner though, just rinse with water.

If the toy you're describing as oily is PVC, jelly, rubber etc then you'll not be able to wash that oiliness off, or should I say it's going to come back after you get it 'clean'. It's going to stain anything it touches too so be sure to keep it wrapped up. If the oiliness bothers you remember the free returns :)

Just a hint for the packaging, the cardboard can be undone and folded inside out. Any shaped plastic can be cut up with skissors and dis guarded into the recycling bin with your empty plastic bottles.

If all else fails, take it with you to work, or to town, in a bag and put it in a public bin.

I hope this helps

The love honey sex toy cleaner is good value for money and does the trick. Can be hidden well as same bottle shape as a body spray

Shame they are not dishwasher safe lol ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

skrammd wrote:

.... I know not to use washing up liquid as that contains salt.....

Since when does washing up liquid contain salt? (And if it did, why would that be a problem? You rinse it off, after all.)

Really, any detergent will do - and for me "good value for money" would be one litre for € 1 (that's the price for my handwash - XXL refill offer - and dishwashing liquid). The important thing is to rub/scrub/brush really well, in all the crevices, with hot water, and rinse off thoroughly.

Though, as Lovebirds_x says, no detergent will help with the oiliness of jelly rubber toys. The best thing to do with them is to send them back and buy a silicone toy instead, if at all possible (i. e. if a silicone version exists).

Throbinhood wrote:

Shame they are not dishwasher safe lol ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

Who are "they"? Quite a lot of toys can be cleaned in a dishwasher: More or less everything (there may be exceptions, check with the manufacturer) that's made from silicone, metal or glass and does not contain a motor.

Mamz recently reported that a Fun Factory vibrator supposedly can go into the dishwasher, but I wouldn't dare try that without checking back with them in German, and for my specific model.

But then that only makes sense if dishwashers have improved quite a lot since I last had one - I much rather trust in my (dedicated to sextoys) nailbrush...

Talia wrote:

Throbinhood wrote:

Who are "they"? Quite a lot of toys can be cleaned in a dishwasher: More or less everything (there may be exceptions, check with the manufacturer) that's made from silicone, metal or glass and does not contain a motor.

Mamz recently reported that a Fun Factory vibrator supposedly can go into the dishwasher, but I wouldn't dare try that without checking back with them in German, and for my specific model.

But then that only makes sense if dishwashers have improved quite a lot since I last had one - I much rather trust in my (dedicated to sextoys) nailbrush...

Really and I was joking,

Wonders if all that love juice on the toys helps for cleaner plates lol :)

I use antibacterial handwash for toys and then dry and spray with toy cleaner.

Most of our toys can and do go in the dishwasher though x

I always spritz my toys with some sex toy cleaner and then rinse them off in warm water.

I have read somewhere that soap can dry out some materials but I don't know if this is true? Does anyone know if soapy water is compatible with silicone?

Sxleksaker wrote:

I always spritz my toys with some sex toy cleaner and then rinse them off in warm water.

I have read somewhere that soap can dry out some materials but I don't know if this is true? Does anyone know if soapy water is compatible with silicone?

I wash a lot of my silicone toys in soapy water...never had a problem at all x

Ok thank you Terri :)

Same, I wash them in regular anti-bac handsoap, rinse, air-dry. Got some anti-bac spritzer coming though, since it pushed an order to £20 for free postage, so was effectively only £3 instead of 6....

Terri JJ wrote:

That sounds like you leave the toy cleaner on? I don't think that's a good idea - I wouldn't want those chemicals inside of me.

All my silicone toys and kitchen implements get washed with household detergent and don't show any damage. As far as I know silicone is impervious to pretty much anything except(!) silicone lube ("like dissolves like") - as on almost all condoms.

Talia wrote:

Terri JJ wrote:

That sounds like you leave the toy cleaner on? I don't think that's a good idea - I wouldn't want those chemicals inside of me.

All my silicone toys and kitchen implements get washed with household detergent and don't show any damage. As far as I know silicone is impervious to pretty much anything except(!) silicone lube ("like dissolves like") - as on almost all condoms.

I wipe them after I've sprayed them with you cleaner.....but I don't rinse it off. Our toys get used orally and vaginally on me and anally on both of us. Been using this method of cleaning for as long as I can remember and we never had any issues x