New VIP Rewards Thresholds

So I’ve just had the email advising me of the changes to the LH VIP program and it’s disappointing to say the least.

The limits have been changed so that now you’ll get a £15 voucher code for every £60 spent.

Ok. So it’s the same ratio (25%) of ‘reward to spend’ as it was when it was £10 for a £40 spend, but now it means spending more to get anything. Which given the current increases to every aspect of day to day expenses - diesel/petrol, food and of course the doubling of gas and electricity costs with yet more to come next year, I can’t help but feel this is really bad timing for LH to be changing their reward scheme in such a way. There are plenty who are already disappointed with the change from the old ‘Unlimited’ program and this may well just discourage more people to shop instead of encouraging more shopping.

It’s hard enough as it is to find spare cash for non-essentials as it is. Not the email I was hoping to see from LH today. :frowning:

6 Likes

I agree, but suppose they’ve done their research. LH will also be feeling the effects of rising costs so have to mitigate that with what they can offer.

5 Likes

Im grateful for any kind of discount, everything is going up in price but you can still save something.

You cant offer free delivery for everyone etc as they have to take the costs of that from their profits (and still have yo pay their increasing costs).

I know its tough but if lovehoney doesnt cover its costs they may have to close down and then no one would get anything

3 Likes

As the others have said, it is unfortunate but I can see why LH has done this. I only joined 2 years ago so I don’t get the privilege of any VIP rewards so be grateful that you are. It’s good that you are even getting anything at all. LH also has to deal with rising costs like all businesses so it’s understandable. If they didn’t accommodate to rising costs they would eventually have to shut down all together and no one wants that. All I say is please be grateful and try to understand why LH is doing this.

3 Likes

I’ll just add in a little comment to say that to the best of my knowledge, the VIP scheme still hasn’t been rolled out to the rest of us who weren’t in the original trial either, in case others are reading this and wondering!

What I will say is that regardless of the rewards scheme, Lovehoney hold some amazing sales which make a massive difference to being able to purchase new toys :blush:

1 Like