Not enough battery for my bum fun

So I bought the daily deal yesterday which was this https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/p/mantric-rechargeable-remote-control-rotating-prostate-massager/75602.html

It arrived early this morning so I had a quick read through the manual and it requires around 70 mins of charge to last up to an hour. I hurried to put it on charge only to find the magnetic charging port is a bit naff. I’ve had to balance the toy, if it rotates the magnetic link breaks.

However I left it alone for a few hours and was excited to use it. It hadn’t come loose as far as I could tell. After a little play to see what did what, rotation and vibrating, I inserted it and started to have a great time.

The rotation effect felt rather nice, however not noticeable once the vibrations were running. Was quite enjoying myself.

My issue however is it just died on me long before I could finish up. I had some material that was 30 mins long, but I was inpatient and skipped to the interesting bits, so I’d estimate the battery only lasted around 20 mins if that?!

I also bought another toy https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/p/mantric-rechargeable-p-spot-probe-vibrator/70281.html which uses a more conventional charging port, so the midday session was able to continue, however the mood was soured slightly.

Does this seem normal compared to other toys that do a similar thing? I’ve got it on charge again, but if the battery doesn’t last long enough to satisfy me it might be going back :disappointed:.

Any other recommendations? I’ve got the aneros helix, but didn’t really get on with it and figured a vibrating / rotating toy would help me find the spot.

I don’t have that toy, but if you have any toy on high, with all the gizmos going too, it can cut the expected runtime by quite a bit.

20 minutes seems low though. I’d keep an eye on the charger the next time you feed it. :+1: (it should flash while charging, and go solid when full - I think :slightly_smiling_face:)

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve just had a look and it was solid.

Disconnected and reconnected and it’s flashing. So that sounds about right, I’d expect it to go solid again soon.

I had the rotation function on full but vibration on medium or pulse (was playing between the two), so 20 mins seems very low. I’ll certainly give it another go soon. Can’t exactly keep it plugged in when it’s plugging me haha.

I have the same toy and found the same problem the first time I used it. The rotating function takes a lot of power as it’s rotating against quite a lot of resistance. It’s quite tight in there. The battery lasted about 30 minutes on rotation but the vibration kept going for longer. It is also normal for the battery to need a few charge cycles before it reaches full capacity so I’m hoping things will improve after a few uses. I agree with you about the charging system. It’s definitely one of the least secure magnetic connectors that I’ve come across.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll be sure to give it a couple more goes. So far the only device I’ve had run out on me.

I think it’s more that specific toy than the charging point, as I have a few magnetic charging point toys that have good battery life.

As @Ian_Chimp mentioned the higher you have the vibrations on/faster motor etc cuts down the runtime, which is why they always advertise them as “up to” 60 minutes etc.

Looking at the reviews of that specific toy though it sounds like lots of people have experienced the same as you in regards to the low run time unfortunately.

1 Like

I’ve given it a couple more tries and today even timed it. Fully charged while at work and using middle power and only 10 mins, so I think it’s going to be returned. Not sure if it’s faulty or just descriptions need to be much clearer.

Are there any other recommendations for something similar but a much longer battery life, or any particular brand that seems better than others?

I am completely lost with this product. It is great, but came with no charger and no instructions on how to charge. Where is the charging port? I have bought a (apparently suitable) replacement usb charger- but where is the the charging port?

Hello and welcome @JOME74 :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s a magnetic charger, and the two metal connecting points are here:

Though if yours arrived with no charger I would contact Customer Care and let them know. They’ll sort you out. :+1:

I’ve had this toy and to say the battery life is poor is an understatement. Shocking product. I persevered with it for a while but was just completely frustrating. Big dissappointment at the price! To top it off mine finally broke as well. Should of complained to mantric but life’s too busy. I’ve recently replaced with the LH high roller version which is WAY better!!

1 Like

Mantric is a Lovehoney brand. :+1:

1 Like

@Ian_Chimp no way I didn’t realise that. Think it’s been binned now. Really was a terrible product :confused:

1 Like

The Mantrics as a whole are one of our preferred brands for Mrs Chimp’s toys. Their frequency is one that really syncs with her. However, they do generally have smaller batteries in to keep the cost down. Normally not too much of an issue (as long as you remember to recharge between sessions) but I think with this one there’s just not enough juice to power all the gizmos for a decent sized play. Hopefully they’ll take that into consideration if they bring out a Mark II. :crossed_fingers:

There’s also the Sex Toy Happiness Promise if you’re in a similar situation again. That gives you 60 days to try a toy out, and if it’s not the one for you you can return it for a refund. :+1:

1 Like

Wow that’s some guarantee!! Will definitely bear that in mind in the future. To be honest I rarely have a problem with stuff, this was a bit of a one-off and been rectified now with the purchase of the high roller. Hopefully they will improve the mantric version but doubt I’d ever revisit. That said we have recently bought the mantric wand and that’s a total winner. Like you say they have a very distinct rumble of a vibration that is just awesome.

1 Like