Odd little forum glitch

This might be old news to everyone else. Just something odd and slightly irritating that happens quite frequently. Goes like this…

You highlight someone’s hilarious comment and hit “Quote”.

The quoted text appears in your reply window, as it should. You type in your reply.

When you hit the “Reply” button, the bit you quoted vanishes, leaving just your reply in the post. Also, a red “1 edit” pencil gets added to your reply instantly, even though you haven’t edited anything and your 5 mins hasn’t begun.

Not the end of the world, but irksome. Thought I’d report it.

Not a glitch. :slightly_smiling_face: The system removes the quoted reply if you quote the post above you in full. It thinks people will be able to understand what you’re referring to by proximity and context. :+1::slightly_smiling_face: (though, as you’ve figured out already, you can edit it back in if you feel you want to :slightly_smiling_face:)

And if you do see any other forum or website glitches you can pop them in Lovehoney Glitches 2020. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

And you can click on the red pencil (public edit icon) and it’ll show you the edit history of the post, so you can see what’s been changed, and by who. :+1:

1 Like

Gotcha. I’m guessing the system is smart enough not to do it if somebody else has nipped in and replied before you. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That we will have to find out as we go. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Where do you learn all this stuff?:sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m very thorough. :slightly_smiling_face: and I like to click things

1 Like

I’ve replied in here as it seemed like this topic might explain it. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

Thank you @Ian_Chimp

2 Likes