OK Thought my wife deserved a treat what do you think ?

ok so we have been together since we were 16 married at 19 and now both 28, we have 6 beautiful kids and we both work alternate hours so we rarely get chance to go out for a meal or anything like that so thought i would treat her so done something special for when she came home from work monday night.

first of as soon as she went out to work at 5:30pm i took out the chicken breasts and seasoned them with basil, rosemary, garlic and some salt and pepper then left them in the fridge till later.

i then got my kids into bed at 9pm, once they were in bed i bought in the garden table and two chairs (no room for a dining table) cleaned them all and put them in the living room put the fire on medium to cosy it all up got some candles ready on the table, i then wrote out two place name tags for the both of us and also a menu showing tonights dinner, side and pudding, i got the music ready which had to be keith sweat :).

i then went and picked out some nice outfits for us both, a nice short fitting red dress for my wife and shirt and trousers for me, by now it was close on 10pm.

i then got all the food prepared and cooked, the dishes were seasoned chicken breast topped of with onions sitting a bed of pasta which was cooked in a carribean fruit sauce with a side of filo prawns and for pudding it was chocolate cake on top of pinapple smothered in custard and to drink we had a small bottle of Rose

my wife came home a little early at 10:30pm so had to keep her out of the lounge and bedroom (where the outfits were) till all was ready, i took a quick shower and then sent her into the bedroom where she discovered another note telling her she has been invited to a special dinner date and to change outfit and once she was changed to go into the lounge as dinner would be served shortly.

i quickly got changed into my outfit whilst she was awaiting her food keith sweat playing in the background, then served to food and poured the wine, once we had eaten we had a couple of slow dances infront of the fire,

the eveniing was perfect and i would do it again as she means the world to me, am wondering if anyone else has done anything similar as would be nice to hear

Wow I think your wife is a lucky lady :-) so sweet and romantic x

Wow I think your wife is a lucky lady :-) so sweet and romantic x

Firstly - that sounds absolutely perfect and well done. You two sound so much in love!!! Its good to hear!!

My husband on Valentines a few years ago, made a little booklet of vouchers for me. On the front of the stapled booklet he made was my name and underneath `Super sexy valentine vouchers'.

Inside were what looked like real vouchers, he had gone to the trouble of printing fake bar codes and the perforated bit. Vouchers included - `This voucher entitles you to a relaxing long back rub whenever you need one' then he signed his name and added a kiss. There were others, for a treat to lunch out, a foot massage etc etc.

I was totally overwhelmed so much so that i have never used them. Not once. I felt just the thought was enough for me. That said he does treat me to lunch and give me a massage, as do I.

He is also very good at cooking and has on many occasions has set dinner and candles, poured wine or cava for me.

Thank you nancy and Dee that sounds really nice may have to keep the vouchers in mind :)

if i give you my husbands mobile can you tell him PLEASE? LOL. seriously, she is one lucky lady to have a man like you. congratulations

Its very nice to see someone take time and celabrate themselves. Especially when kids take up so much of your time

Abacus I smiled when I read your post because it doesnt mention sex, I always maintain sex is only a part of a relationship, not the whole pie. There are a thousand things I can remember doing for my wife or her doing for me that arn't in themselves sexual but form a part of the whole loving experience from which lovemaking grows and flourishes.

thanks all and your right gunther its not all about sex its nice to enjoy each others company and for us still to have such a spark 12 years into a relationship and from a young age

abacus wrote:

thanks all and your right gunther its not all about sex its nice to enjoy each others company and for us still to have such a spark 12 years into a relationship and from a young age

Abacus my wife and I have been together 30 yrs when Wimbledon starts this year LOL

we have a strange tradition which has evolved without planning or thought. When I return from abroad the first night we stand in the kitchen and have a drink like two people flirting in a bar, lots of laughs jokes a bit or serious business stuff then just go to bed like any other couple

lol fair play to ya mate i dont think there is enough long relationships around these days, alot of young people i know are not interested its really nice to be able to share a life together

lol gunther i want to try the "do you come here often" approach would be fun

abacus wrote:

lol fair play to ya mate i dont think there is enough long relationships around these days, alot of young people i know are not interested its really nice to be able to share a life together

Well sometimes here on the forum I find it a bit difficult to relate maybe I am an old fart but in life also 90% of my work mates are divorced

i suppose every divorce has its reasons but i could not see myself without my OH i just dont think life would be the same she was my first and will be my last

anyway fancy sharing some tips on the lets pretend were in a bar and meeting for the first time scenario :)