Ordering a LH package to the office...

Could this be the worst idea ever?

I want to surprise the OH for her birthday, but there won't be anyone in to take delivery of the package for at least a week (the day of her birthday). The potential for disaster seems high.

The standard delivery includes an "if no one's in" option, so could still work.

And the packaging's very discreet!

Hi there, not sure if you aware but Lovehoney now offer a local collect service, where you can get your order delivered to your local post office. Here is the link that explains how it works:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2014/02/19/local-collect-explained/

Hope this helps :) xx

Depends - Does your office have a receptionist who opens packages, or do they just get brought to you?

At my old work, everyone shopped online heaps, so it wouldn't have been a big deal

I've done this before. It was a small company and I had direct sight of the door so I could see when the postman arrived! If they don't normally open packages I can't see a problem :-)

I could do this, but I wouldn't be surprised if my receptionist knows what's in the box just from what it says on it. You might think that people in glass houses won't throw stones, but I wouldn't risk having things like this sent to work. If you're happy with the risks of people you work with knowing you use sex toys then not a problem.

I used to order stuff to my work all the time. Granted I only used to work in a call centre, and other people would always get their online orders shipped to the office.

Can't think of any reason why someone else would be opening your package before it's given to you? Isn't that like, invasion of privacy or something?

My work has opened a parcel of mine once before, however this was because the sender didnt put my name or room number on the box!

I can't think this would be a problem with LH though. After having a few orders from you can't really tell what's inside and they are labeled properly. You could also put a note to ask them to make sure its properly addressed :)

What about a friends house. Could you get it delivered there? My friends know we use LH and they send thins to me when they won't be home .

I put a posting guide to put behind my wheely bin if not in.... Lh had that on the postage label... Postie did just that;) glad too as I was v keen to give my 1st order a try!

Scorpius12 wrote:

Hi there, not sure if you aware but Lovehoney now offer a local collect service, where you can get your order delivered to your local post office. Here is the link that explains how it works:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2014/02/19/local-collect-explained/

Hope this helps :) xx

Good to know,