Ordering in the UK for someone abroad

Hi. Not sure it this has been disscussed before but here it goes. My wife is in the USA for a year and I would like to get something for her. I was thinking of using lovehoney.com, with her address and my credit card. Is this the best way? Does anybody have experiance of this type of thing? Any suggestions on a better way?

Thanks xrd

I have had something once before delivered to a different address and didn’t have an issue I’m sure you will be fine. Don’t take just my word on that though..

Hi

This will be fine! You will be asked for both a billing and a delivery address during the checkout process, so the card payment should go through without issue.

Call us on 0800 0116899 if you have any problems!

Matt

Lovehoney Customer Care

Lovehoney - Matt O wrote:

Hi

This will be fine! You will be asked for both a billing and a delivery address during the checkout process, so the card payment should go through without issue.

Call us on 0800 0116899 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting

Matt

Lovehoney Customer Care

Thanks Matt

So would it still be the best idea to order on the US site?

xrd_man wrote:

Yes, unless you don't mind having "Lubricants and novelty items" on the package for customs...

Nymeria wrote:

xrd_man wrote:

Yes, unless you don't mind having "Lubricants and novelty items" on the package for customs...

Who cares? Well unless they decide to steal them, hmm, probably safer all around

Either will be fine!

Thanks, got something last night. Part of me was hoping I would get the extra OH points for buying in dollars, but that is being rather greedy now isn't it?

So... Are items ordered from the US website shipped from within the US? I would like to know if I will need to be expecting a package with revealing labels or not.

seagate wrote:

So... Are items ordered from the US website shipped from within the US? I would like to know if I will need to be expecting a package with revealing labels or not.

From the .COM site it is shipped from the American headquarters as far as I'm aware. This is much more discreet than buying from the UK site and having extra stickers for Customs and risking revealing labels.

I've sent a package from the UK to the US with "Novelty toys and lubricants" as the customs label.. so not very discreet lol. Buy from the US site.

Well, I finally got my stuff in the mail. The customs label on the package was remarkably vague, and I'll have to say I'm impressed given everything I have read on here.

Way to go LH!

Sorry folks I should have jumped in here sooner - at the moment, US-bound orders are shipped from the UK, whilst we sort out our shiny new warehouse in Dallas. So, yes, they do have to go through customs - they'll be marked as "Novelty Toys", which as you say Seagate, could be anything.

Lovehoney - Numbers wrote:

Sorry folks I should have jumped in here sooner - at the moment, US-bound orders are shipped from the UK, whilst we sort out our shiny new warehouse in Dallas. So, yes, they do have to go through customs - they'll be marked as "Novelty Toys", which as you say Seagate, could be anything.

No wonder a recent order for the US has been taking a while! Wish I knew before though, been waiting over a week for something to arrive there..

Thanks for the update.