Outfits for men

I think it's well established that straight men like to see their OHs dress up in sexy lingerie, suspenders, stockings, killer heels etc as a turn-on. When I ask my wife to do this for me, she often retorts that she should get me to dress up for her. She then falters, though, because she isn't able to specify an outfit she'd like me to wear, apart from "a nice suit" (which I can readily manage, but has limited possibilities).

I think my wife's imagination might need a kick-start. What sorts of outfits do ladies like to see their male OHs wear as a turn-on?

There's been a useful thread on this before I think - worth a dig round for some hints.

The OH was suit shopping the other day and I must say - looking smart and classy is a major turn on for me - I love to see him in a nice, well fitting suit and polished shoes.

We once played around with a teacher/sixth former role play with him in a suit. Dom/sub play is certainly excellent with a suit (doctor/patient, boss/secretary etc.) so maybe you can be imaginative with it!

A strong, confident man in a suit is great. Personally I'm not really into men dressing up in outfits but there are plenty of people who like it!

Adx

Alicia D'amore wrote:

There's been a useful thread on this before I think - worth a dig round for some hints.

The OH was suit shopping the other day and I must say - looking smart and classy is a major turn on for me - I love to see him in a nice, well fitting suit and polished shoes.

We once played around with a teacher/sixth former role play with him in a suit. Dom/sub play is certainly excellent with a suit (doctor/patient, boss/secretary etc.) so maybe you can be imaginative with it!

A strong, confident man in a suit is great. Personally I'm not really into men dressing up in outfits but there are plenty of people who like it!

Adx

I agree with this, never been one for men in outfits but a suit always does it for me.

I'm not fused about boxers or playwear for men just a suit, maybe tie and belt added on depending on type of suit, that's enough for me. I also like shopping for cufflinks and tie to go with my OH's suits, gives you another accessory to help, also taking offg a nice leather belt or silk tie is really enjoyable.

I love seeing my OH in a suit, all dressed up too but I also fantasise about Police uniform - now I understand this wouldn't be super easy to obtain but the whole handcuffs in front of cock (there for easy access when 'arresting' someone) and shirt / tie / trousers / shoes plus a position of authority is a thought that turns me on!! Mmmmm!

Doesn't have to be some cheesy Police Officer get up either, not thinking tacky..... but if someone did that for me it wouldn't be on for long anyway!!

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Ah... yes! I just found this old thread -- but in the "Sex Toys" section rather than the "Sex Tips & Talk" section where I searched at first:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-toys/95875-dressing-up-for-the-blokes/

Thanks for your thoughts. Maybe I should make more of the suit theme! I can imagine some 007 style fantasies based around me wearing a dinner jacket, black tie and so on. Of course, I'd expect my wife to join in the theme whole-heartedly. External Media

Cuddly Hubby wrote:

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Ah... yes! I just found this old thread -- but in the "Sex Toys" section rather than the "Sex Tips & Talk" section where I searched at first:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-toys/95875-dressing-up-for-the-blokes/

Thanks for your thoughts. Maybe I should make more of the suit theme! I can imagine some 007 style fantasies based around me wearing a dinner jacket, black tie and so on. Of course, I'd expect my wife to join in the theme whole-heartedly. External Media

That's the spirit!

Being sub I find little sexier than the OH laying me out an outfit in keeping with his chosen theme and a list of rules and roles I have to play!

Adx

Cuddly Hubby wrote:

Alicia D'amore wrote:

You could even do a spy theme if you were 007, have the cocktails and flirty chat as well.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=18311

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

I agree with this, never been one for men in outfits but a suit always does it for me.

Dirty Red Angel wrote:

I love seeing my OH in a suit

I see that there's a theme emerging here unexpectedly (for me, at least). External Media

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Being sub I find little sexier than the OH laying me out an outfit in keeping with his chosen theme and a list of rules and roles I have to play!

Wow! I wish my wife was as co-operative as that! I've tried those sorts of game with her, but she keeps raising practical objections, interrupting the mood. External Media

Another thing I noticed today while walking past a fancy dress party. Men dressing as a certain movie or comicbook person seems to be a lot hotter than the standard male play wear, though this may be because the outfits are better made and more thought put into them.

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

You could even do a spy theme if you were 007, have the cocktails and flirty chat as well.

External Media Duly added to my wishlist! Thanks!

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

Another thing I noticed today while walking past a fancy dress party. Men dressing as a certain movie or comicbook person seems to be a lot hotter than the standard male play wear, though this may be because the outfits are better made and more thought put into them.

Also noted! I'll have to think about my wife's favourite movie and fictional characters, and which ones I'd be well-suited to play. A swashbuckling pirate, perhaps? Superman? Mr Darcy? Hmm...

Cuddly Hubby wrote:

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

External Media Duly added to my wishlist! Thanks!

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

Also noted! I'll have to think about my wife's favourite movie and fictional characters, and which ones I'd be well-suited to play. A swashbuckling pirate, perhaps? Superman? Mr Darcy? Hmm...

Maybe you could watch a few films or tv shows with the charcters in & find out which one your wife likes the most, have you thought about pvc dress up with your wife playing the dominant one or vice versa, not very orginal of me I know, but you may have fun.

I would like to say also cuddle hubby, your new profile picture is really good, you have a good physique & the photo is brillant in black & white.

A man in a suit is sexy.. A mysterious or lost identity.

First thing that entered my head was fireman but dont think the OH would be up for it.

think it is the mix of uniform and being rescued

xGGx

Silk boxers, but more for the feel than the visuals. Visually, nothing's better than a naked man. :-)

Speaking of which, has your OH tried lingerie which emphasizes fabric and the tactile elements? I'm always self-conscious in lace and stiff garments, but like the feeling of being caressed through silk. Might something like that appeal to your OH?

S&M sexy times wrote:

Maybe you could watch a few films or tv shows with the charcters in & find out which one your wife likes the most, have you thought about pvc dress up with your wife playing the dominant one or vice versa, not very orginal of me I know, but you may have fun.

That sounds like a fun idea! My wife doesn't usually admit to fancying characters in films or on TV (I think she feels that it would be disloyal of her -- the sweetie!), but this seems like a good way to enter that arena, given that the idea is for her to identify the types of characters and outfits that she'd like me to copy for her.

We haven't done anything with PVC at all. I'm up for the idea, but I think I'll hold it back for the "advanced" category.

SnL wrote:

A man in a suit is sexy.. A mysterious or lost identity.

Well... if one thing's for sure, it's that I'm going to pursue the suit-wearing idea for all that it's worth. I mean, my wife even told me herself that she likes it!

ghostgirl wrote:

First thing that entered my head was fireman but dont think the OH would be up for it.

think it is the mix of uniform and being rescued

Unfortunately, I don't have the upper body development to portray myself convincingly as any sort of fireman.

rose hip wrote:

Silk boxers, but more for the feel than the visuals. Visually, nothing's better than a naked man. :-)

Speaking of which, has your OH tried lingerie which emphasizes fabric and the tactile elements? I'm always self-conscious in lace and stiff garments, but like the feeling of being caressed through silk. Might something like that appeal to your OH?

I considered some silk boxers the other day. Hmm...

Interesting idea re. lingerie. My wife tends to select lingerie based on practicality (if it's for casual wear) or visual appearance (if it's to impress me). I don't think the tactile element enters her mind at the moment. Perhaps I can encourage her to think about it in a more sensual way.

S&M sexy times wrote:

I would like to say also cuddle hubby, your new profile picture is really good, you have a good physique & the photo is brillant in black & white.

Thanks very much! I really appreciate hearing that it's "okay" or any better, given the body image issues that I had in the past. External Media

rose hip wrote:

I bought my hubby silk boxers once as i love the feel and look of silk and he hated them! which was a shame.

I love seeing a man in a suit aswell espacailly a well cut one. my one bug bear is a pinstripe suit with a check shirt i hate that look i don't know why it should be stripes or checks all the way not a mixture of both!

fizzy wrote:

I bought my hubby silk boxers once as i love the feel and look of silk and he hated them! which was a shame.

My wife would probably enjoy me wearing silk boxers -- not only for the feel of them but also because with satin sheets on our bed she could slide me around the surface (like a drinks glass on a polished bar counter) on a whim with a mere touch of her fingertip. That'll be revenge for when she wore satin pyjamas and I did the same to her. External Media

fizzy wrote:

I love seeing a man in a suit aswell espacailly a well cut one. my one bug bear is a pinstripe suit with a check shirt i hate that look i don't know why it should be stripes or checks all the way not a mixture of both!

I'd agree with that! I'll stick to my dark suit with a plain shirt and tie, or possibly my tuxedo with white dress shirt and black tie. I'm not sure where to store my 007-style weapon, but if I can't find a holster then I'll just put the gun in my pocket. External Media

In a suit I'm thinking slightly loose tie - like ruffled sophistication rather than fully done up. Loose knot that exudes sexiness. Almost like a 'I rolled out of bed a minute ago' look

Mmmmm lol

Another vote for the suit look here but my personal fave is of a military nature, well slightly, desrt combats slightly undone with calvin style trunks just showing, naked chest & dogtags works for me every time, not in a role play sense, just in a 'got to have you now' sense Mmmm.......