Pain after IUD..

Okay girls, If you've seen my previous posts you'll know I'd debated the IUD for a while, and last week I had it fitted!

I've had it for a week now, but today I've been in a bit of pain! The first day of cramps were afwul, I was bed bound for a few hours until it settled more and ever since then I've just had period-like cramps since then, nothing too terrible just the odd twinge and some bleeding (varying in heaviness but not usually too much).

However, today's pains been a little worse. Not enough to concern me that I'd see a doctor, but enough to interrupt my day! Has anyone else figured a way to ease them? Also, how long did anyone else's cramps last after insertion?

Do you have a walk in sexual health clinic you can go to to put your mind at ease? I had some pain with mine but I went into cervical shock after mine was removed then another fitted. Always a drama with me!

The best over the counter pain relief I found was paracetamol and codeine. It is however VERY strong and can be addictive. Might be worth checking with the pharmacist.

RosyCheek wrote:

Do you have a walk in sexual health clinic you can go to to put your mind at ease? I had some pain with mine but I went into cervical shock after mine was removed then another fitted. Always a drama with me!

The best over the counter pain relief I found was paracetamol and codeine. It is however VERY strong and can be addictive. Might be worth checking with the pharmacist.

I've been using paracetamol, but sometimes it's not enough, I think it doesn't work as well as it did because I used to take it very very frequently back in my teen years for migraines during school! I also purchased some Naproxen but I don't want to take too many of those as they can also become addictive!

The pain today isn't as bad.. yet. I think maybe working in a coffee shop with a lot of runing about and carrying trays triggered a bit of pain so I will try some codeine and see if this helps if I do start experiencing more! Thanks!

MysticalMayhem wrote:

Mine lasted 2 weeks, I then bled off and on for a few more weeks, then after that it was fine. My new one seems to have been a lot easier, I had little pain and bled for just a couple days. I've spotted a bit recently but other than that it's fine.

I think they check it at 6 weeks, so if in doubt, go see them :) xx

At least I know that it's usual for it to last a while then! I have an appointment in 5 weeks, so I will see if things improve/change before then! The doctor I had is going on Holiday too though, and I would like to speak to her personally as she is the one who fitted the IUD.

I think I'm just over worrying, its a terrible trait and tends to form in all aspects of my life haha!! thank you

Just checking in to make sure you're on the mend?