pain/discomfort a couple days after sex

Hello all, not the nicest of topics but it is something I wanted to talk about and thought here might be a good place.

I had sex with my bf for the first time on Sat night (it is now monday morning), it was not particualrly vigourous or anything like that but he is a bit on the big side and I think I am more on the smal side (I have had problems with previous partners hitting my cervix fairly often). It did feel like he hit my cervix a fair few times during intercourse despite taking it slow and gentle but I assumed it was because I was a little nervous being the first time and I wasn't as fully aroused as I could have been.

After we finished I went to the bathroom like usual and noticed it was kinda sore around my pelvic area which again I have experienced before and assumed it was my cervix being low down. This feeling tend to go away within a day so I wasn't to bothered. However the next day I could still feel it being a little sore/uncomfortable so though maybe it's a UTI, picked up some cranberry tablets fro the health shop and started drinking more water. Now another day has passed and I can still feel it being kinda uncomfortable but I am not sure about it being a UTI as there isn't the usual other symptoms. It does feel like it is worse when my bladder is kinda full but urinating is absolutley fine and seems to be normal it is just the feeling. It almost feels like pms but it is the wrong time for that. Like I can feel it at the sides where I am guessing my ovaries to be.

If it continues I will be taking it to my doctor but just wanted to ask here if anyone else had experienced this cos it is starting to worry me.

A couple other details - We were careful to use a condom, I had used a dildo rather vigousously earlier in the day but that didn't feel sore at all.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Cervix pain can last a few days. Its happened to me and it can be bloody saw. It mist likely is that, you're describing some similarities to what I'm feeling right now. I mean, being if it's causing you worry the drs always the best move. You know what they say, 'better safe than sorry', most likely outcomes cervix pain or a uti, yeast infection or even a water infection.

Maybe lay off the dildos a bit, as sex is causing it and you don't want to add to it.

I'm sure it'll all be fine. All the best hunni 💖xx

If he was hitting your cervix, it's possible that he's bruised it and that's what is causing the soreness. I've been there, felt that pain and it usually passes within several days. If it doesn't go away in a few days then I'd go to check it out with the doctor to rule out other possibilities. I would lay off the dildos/sex until this is sorted, just so you don't prolong the pain and if he is on the larger side, invest in a good, thick lubricant for the next time :) x

NatandTom wrote:

If he was hitting your cervix, it's possible that he's bruised it and that's what is causing the soreness. I've been there, felt that pain and it usually passes within several days. If it doesn't go away in a few days then I'd go to check it out with the doctor to rule out other possibilities. I would lay off the dildos/sex until this is sorted, just so you don't prolong the pain and if he is on the larger side, invest in a good, thick lubricant for the next time :) x

+1

I agree with everyone elses comments. I would have suggested it may have been down to being a little rough/aggressive but as you've said you had taken things slow and gentle I would say he has hit your cervix and you may have some bruising. I've been there too and it the pain eases after a few days and gets milder each day until it stops, if it continues after a week I'd go see a GP.

Possibly you were a little tense and even though you felt relaxed you might not have ben fully relaxed which can cause some pain after, it's kinda like a workout afte the gym, you feel it after if you didn't warm up properly. You're doing right drinking lots of water and cranberry tablets, I found cranberry juice was a godsend, LH sell some great lubes so maybe look into that too.

Hope you're feeling better soon ^_^ x

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.

It is comforting to hear other people have experienced the same. Will give it a few days and see how I feel and if no better will see the doctor. Shame I have to lay off sex for a bit but better that than be in pain (in this case at least ;) )

Will also try different positions, lube and hopefully will be more relaxed next time.

If you notice any bleeding/spotting seek medical attention, I was s a sex and it turned out I had precancerous cells on my cervix. Very very lucky I caught it in time. At the time I was t even old enough for a smear test, so ladies I can't stress enough how important smear tests are too!!xx

Spotting*

If you notice any bleeding/spotting seek medical attention, I was spitting after sex and it turned out I had precancerous cells on my cervix. Very very lucky I caught it in time. At the time I was t even old enough for a smear test, so ladies I can't stress enough how important smear tests are too!!xx

You may want to take an anti inflamatory for the discomfort and take it easy as long as you dont have other symptoms.

Just my 2 cents as well:

If a new brand of condom you could have sensativity to it, I cant do certain lubes on condoms or I am very sore after.

Lube, lube and more lube. I realize it is a new partner but keep a condom safe lubricant on hand for when you need it to ease into things.

i dont know if you have regular exams iwth a gyno, but make sure you are getting checked and up on all health screanings.

What kind of condom did you use? If it was one with spermicide, like Durex Extra Safe, you could be allergic to that.

Just another thought; it could be un-related to the sex, as you say the pain is at the sides, it could be something like cystic overies. Cystic overaries are really common and not usually anything to worry about, but they can cause pain or dyscomfort in the overy region. When your bladder is full it could be putting extra pressure on the cysts too.

I definately agree its worth seeing a GP if the pain continues. If it is cysts they don't usually do anything about them, because they normally go away on thier own, but it'll put your mind at ease that its not anything more serious. Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks everyone, I went to doctor who did some tests etc and said all seemed clear and it was probably muscular. It took a while bit it seems to be mostly over now, fingers crossed.

Problem is I now feel quite nervous about having sex again. I know this is the worst reaction to have as being nervous is more likely to make things tense up and therefore possibly cause pain again but I am just scared it's gonna hurt and I don't wanna have to go through that again. It's a new relationship and I wanna be in that great honeymoon period where the sex is new and exciting and plentiful but it's got me scared that it'll cause pain again. I know I need to relax to reduce that possibility but I dunno how. My partner is incredibly patient and respectful of having to wait for me to get better so I know there is no pressure to get to it but it's what I want if I can just get over the worry. I just feel like we have been quite unlucky so far when it comes to sex. Oh and we used the same condoms as I have been using for years so it's not that

Hello kitty, glad to hear you got checked out and everything is fine :)

Why don't you start off by having a penetration free sex session? Lots of hand and mouth stuff and kissing and regaining your intamcy before you go for penetration again? This way you won't feel nervous about what is to come and can relax and enjoy each other's bodies and pleasure.

I think building up sexual trust with your partner again is very important. Having a penetration free intimate session with help you to associate being sexual with your partner as a pleasurable thing rather than a painful one, meaning when you do feel ready to try penetration again you'll be more relaxed.

When you do feel ready to try penetration again make sure you are in control of the depth and rhythm (you on top is best for this) and that you are fully aroused and relaxed I.e. loads of foreplay.

Good luck x

I had this problem one time when my boyfriend went tooo deep and hit my cervix was in excruciating pain straight after and I am still worried he'll hit it again so I tense up or close my legs slightly so he can't go all the way in. Felt like my stomach muscles were bruised from the inside. It's not nice but probably happens to quite a few people. X

Oh hunni, Its completely normal that you're feeling a bit nervous. As others have said lots of lube and a penetrationless session (helped me get back on track.)

I'm so happy all was well with your tests.

Take it slowly and try not to stress too much. Sending hugs 😙💜xx