Pain during sex

Hello everyone!

First thread! :D

I have been on the implant for around 5 years now, this is my second one and due to be removed next year. I have been with my partner for around 4 months now and several times after going on top of him, I feel this very intense pain that only amplifies over time and finally settles after around 5 to 10 minutes.

I thought, because the implant dilates the cervix, that his penis is hitting it and causing this pain? Does anyone else on the implant experience this? This method of contraceptive is the only one that works well for me as I can never remember to take the pill, or the risk of a condom breaking.

Thank you!

I had the implant for a while and can't say I have experienced this. If it is the one position that is causing this you may need to rule it out until you have spoken to your gp or sexual health clinic.

I am by no means an expert, but I have learnt from reading other threads on the forum that this could also be due to the cervix moving at certain times during your cycle.

It maybe that during this time you won't be able to use deep penetration positions. However, if you are on top, surely you can control how deep penetration is and go for deeper penetration when it is more comfortable.

Xxxx

Oh, and welcome to the forums xxx

lovingnewtoys wrote:

I am by no means an expert, but I have learnt from reading other threads on the forum that this could also be due to the cervix moving at certain times during your cycle.

It maybe that during this time you won't be able to use deep penetration positions. However, if you are on top, surely you can control how deep penetration is and go for deeper penetration when it is more comfortable.

Xxxx

Oh, and welcome to the forums xxx

I've heard that the cervix moves - which is interesting to know! I find going on top gives me the most pain - although we have overcome this by him sitting up and therefore prevents him penetrating me as far. Hopefully we can sort something out!

Thank you! xxx

Alicia4Ever wrote:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/1563417-deep-pain-during-sex/ have a read of this recent thread

Thank you very much - I have read the forum and found it very informing. I hope to visit a GP to ensure there isn't any other issues going on.

RosyCheek wrote:

I had the implant for a while and can't say I have experienced this. If it is the one position that is causing this you may need to rule it out until you have spoken to your gp or sexual health clinic.

Ahh okay - good to know that not all implant users experience this! I am definitely going to visit the GP to rule out any concurrent issues.