Painful mistake

Hubby came home early last night and found me cooking dinner - he pounced ! An hour later, after a very steamy session in the kitchen (and burnt dinner) I fumbled around in the cupboard under the sink for the baby wipes and had a clean up. Suddenly felt very hot, tingly and a burning sensation down there and to my horror I used the antibacterial, bleach kitchen surface wipes by mistake !

Rushed upstairs into the shower and then applied sudocreme. I'm still quite sore this morning but hoping it'll wear off - really dont fancy a trip to the docs to explain that one :(

Ouch! Oh dear Terri that sounds horrible! I know it's embarrassing but you should probably pop to the GP anyway especially if there was bleach in it, or maybe just give them a ring and ask them for advice. You might find bepanthen is a bit better as it keeps a protective barrier on the skin all day.

Hope you recover soon!

Dear god hope ur vagina feels better

Ouch, I don't envy you for the sore bits but the steamy session! You go Terri JJ! Feel better soon!

A lady doctor would be your best bet. Most GP surguries have at least one. Seriously you need to get yourself checked out . Don't forget they are humans as well and accidents do happen .

Ouchie! That sounds very painful. It's a good idea to ring the Drs and speak to a nurse for advice, you don't have to say exactly where it is, just say you got some bleach on your skin - just keep it vague and generic. Maybe also a cool pack might help with the soreness. Hope it calms down quickly for you xx

Oh my goodness! I've heard of firm cleaning but you topped the table.
All jokes aside. I would wear loose fitting clothing. Or nothing on your bottom half. Let tbe air get to it. Wash yourself only using water you don't want any soaps or anything irritating your privates! I would recommend taking a trip to the GP you don't have to tell him or her the story. Just tell them you wanted to feel a little fresher down there before you later got a shower Or something And you accidentally picked them up.

I hope all sorts out babe x

All the GP will say has been covered above. If there are burns etc go of course. Otherwise was with water and time will sort it.
I would not keep baby wipes with the bleech though!

ouch, can imagine this being painful. Hope your foofoo is healed soon. Any concerns and I'd ask to see the practice nurse at your GP surgery x

People have been known to do silly - and dangerous - stuff when they get too tired or when they wake up in the middle if the night (I am talking about mistaking disinfectant or other chemicals for juice - I actually know a doc who accidentally took a gulp when he felt thirsty, tired and when he did not turn the lights in his kitchen on - and no, he was not drunk) - you can turn your mishap into a similar story... Just go and see your doctor.

Oh dear god! This is awful!

You could just say you have toilet wipes and mistook them for that? xx

wow, sounds very painful indeed.

Id sugest as others have to ring the GP or medical pro for some advice.

maybe apply some cocnut oil to protect the skin and keep it moisturised too

Scorpius12 wrote:

Ouchie! That sounds very painful. It's a good idea to ring the Drs and speak to a nurse for advice, you don't have to say exactly where it is, just say you got some bleach on your skin - just keep it vague and generic. Maybe also a cool pack might help with the soreness. Hope it calms down quickly for you xx

if I remember correctly some chemical burns burn more when cold / when ice is put on them.

Like everyone else suggested pop to your GPs of GUM clinic. Also I think there are some over the counter creams which may help.

Generally things like this take about a week or two to heal completely, just be gentle and wash with plain water and avoid soaps which may cause aggrivation.

I agree with the no soap thing, as during my carers training I was taught never to mix cleaning products as they can become toxic. Although you've washed it off it's still probably a good idea to avoid putting anything on it, and ask a pharmacist or GP for advice on aftercare.

Provided you have washed it all away it is now just about recovery. These wipes are not usually very toxic as they are used by hands. The skin down there is sensitive but provided there are no burns or sores it just needs some time to recover.

In time this will be a funny story if it all settles down.

Thanks everyone,for your advice and concern :)

Been to the docs and have been given some silver sulfadiazine cream to use - apparently this is good for burns but soothing and gentle.

Shan't be making that mistake again, doc was very sympathetic but did seem to have a slight smirk !

Well ***! I really hope the pain is going, I'd be ringing the GP, but I would always rather ask early than spend time wondering.

Echoing what others say, stick with just water, loose clothing, and good luck!!