PC Gamers?

Just wondered whether there are any PC Gamers on these forums and if so what sort if PC do you have in terms of spec and what sort of games are you playing on the PC currently?

Me and the Oh are complete nerds, hes more the pc geek (just respecced actually) as he works in IT but im more of a laptop person after my pc went a few years back, but hes thinking of making a gaming pc for me.

Im more of a FPS geek :> so Battlefield 3/4 and Team Fortress 2 but i occasionally play the indie games.

I suppose im a gaming nerd aswell.

But i see it as i was just brought up in the gaming generation and have always been interested in gaming.

Ive been looking into getting a PC for gaming as ive become a little disappointed with consoles and especially with the next gen consoles due to be released which i fee are below par.

I know these days PC gaming has come along way and you can pick up plenty of bargains on Steam etc and there is so much more you can do. Also i can use my Xbox controller which is a bonus.

Pc gaming is far cheaper once you have a decent rig, the humble bundles of late have been ridiculous considering the min price ($1!)

To keep up to date however with hardware can cost a fortune though!

used to me a massive mmo nut, but just don't get the time now. Currently playing dead space 3.

the current rig is i5 processor, gtx 570, 8gb ram. Could do with upgrading the gpu but don't game enough now to warrant spending the money

I kinda went off consoles when i started playing Pc MMO/RPGs a few years back but we still buy them but the games are so unreasonably priced and i loose interest quite quickly.

I dunno i buy the occasional Humble Bundle as i find it far more cheaper than Origin, EA are a total rip off. I bought the weekly bundle Thursday and it was only £3 for 8 games and ill play at least half of them.

I also use Twitch.tv alot, my oh is trying to get me on my own channel but it would totally put me off gaming i people were watching me lol.

The setup I was looking at was an i5 processor, 770 Gtx and 8gb ram.

I have become disillusioned with console gaming. Especially with Call of Duty and Fifa which in my eyes has gone down hill.
much prefer dedicated servers.
Plus the gaming experience stresses me out too much and far too many kids on these games.

I go on Twitch aswell Blackcherry but only to watch peoples streams.

I wouldn't mind being able to get back into Football Manager and strategy games.
But also try out BF4 and Cod Ghosts on pc.

I havent enjoyed a COD game for a while now, BF however is pretty good.

A GTX 770 will handle pretty much whatever you throw at it currently (unless you are running over 3 screens!)

Regardless of system there is far too many annoying children playing any 'popular' FPS now adays, but found BF a little bit better, I guess as its not just people running around with a shotgun!

I do agree though that the so called 'next-gen' consoles are a let down. They are already behind current PC specs, the only advantage is they will play everything for the next 5 years without needing upgrades, where as your gtx 770 will need replacing in a year or 2 if you want to be playing on ultra settings :)

not my thing games if its pc,x box,ds etc

im more a hands on guy.i do enjoy music a lot and play guitar passionatley

My PC was good a few years ago lol, ive got an i7, 8gb of ram and a geforce gtx 260 graphics card. Not done anything with it in a few years now as we got married and bought a house. Still, it plays the games i want to play.

Im a RPG fan - when i have time, and a *cough* WoW fan though i havent played much of MoP, though im seriously looking forward to the new xpac :D

Lola_Lou wrote:

My PC was good a few years ago lol, ive got an i7, 8gb of ram and a geforce gtx 260 graphics card. Not done anything with it in a few years now as we got married and bought a house. Still, it plays the games i want to play.

Im a RPG fan - when i have time, and a *cough* WoW fan though i havent played much of MoP, though im seriously looking forward to the new xpac :D

i7 is a decent processor. Sounds like all you need to do is update the graphics card. Never been one for WoW although I did play Defiance and I think I would enjoy a few mmo games. I suppose the other thing about pc is the graphical side to it all and games like Crysis 3 looks awesome.

I have a 15" MacBrook Pro Retina

2.3GHz Intel Core i7

8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Memory

NVIDIA GeForce GT650M 1024Mb Graphics

I have a windows partition set up so I can play both windows and mac based games, and I will usually be found playing things like:

Portal/Portal 2

Left 4 Dead/Left 4 Dead 2

Team Fortress

Payday: The Heist

SimCity

Saints Row

Half-Life 2

Generally anything that's kinda first-person shooter.

i7 2600k, 8gb 1600MHz DDR3 memory, GTX 560ti.

Hoping to upgrade the GPU if I find any good deals in the Janurary sales, would love to pick up an SSD and a better cooling system too but the cost starts adding up very fast with new PC parts.

Right now my addiction is Hearthstone, It's like bloody crack I tells ya!

I used to be a big WoW player but I've barely played WoW since Cata but the next expansion looks amazing!

New graphics is def on the "to buy" list before next xpac!

Ikey, it looks really good doesnt it! i got MoP but played for a few weeks and hated it after leveling, having played since vanilla i was really disappointed with it, but i doubt anything can beat the Naxx days for me, i loved it back then.

Im also REALLY looking forward to ESO!

I've played Left for Dead on Xbox. It's an alright game. But would only play with mates as I would literally get left for dead if I played with randoms.

I reckon GTA 5 will be good one when it's out on PC.

Never heard of hearthstone. what is it about?

Lola_Lou wrote:

New graphics is def on the "to buy" list before next xpac!

Ikey, it looks really good doesnt it! i got MoP but played for a few weeks and hated it after leveling, having played since vanilla i was really disappointed with it, but i doubt anything can beat the Naxx days for me, i loved it back then.

Im also REALLY looking forward to ESO!

Same for me with Wow, we had our own guild and were the 5th on Eu to beat Molten Core back in the day, i gave up in cata and tried MOP but it was pants.. not sure if id even bother with the next expansion but well see..

I'm currently on my Laptop which Intel Core i7 - with 8GB ram. I sometimes play Dota on this, some card games, Dominion but honestly I don't really game on this at all as I'm not as comfortable I need a better laptop desk, I used to game on my old laptop all the time but I had a desk infront of my sofa, now my laptop is on a table at the side of my sofa so I'm twisted so can't play as well.

But I prefer to play on my PC when I'm gaming and be sat at my desk. Generally playing games like Dota 2, L4D (Left 4 dead) L4D 2, CS (Counter Strike), KF (Killing Floor), RE (Resident Evil), Saints Row, Dead Island, PAYDAY. And whatever the OH drags me on to play. He's more of a hardcore gamer than I am, I recently haven't been playing much, not much had the time but was on KF the other day for achievements.

I just prefer to log on a server with just myself and a few mates whilst we're all either on Vent or Skype and have a chat whilst we play.

I haven't played half of the games mentioned.
I suppose being on Xbox and playing Cod and Fifa I've didn't bother with many games.

I wouldnt mind playing something Luke Total War Rome 2 and Assassins Creed Black Flag on pc.

Lovehoney - Nicole wrote:

Has anyone played Surgeon Simulator?

Is it an App game Nicole or full on simulator game like Flight Simulator or Farming Simulator?

Cat Lady wrote:

I'm a PC gamer. I love Sims games and fantasy RPGs. So of course I am playing Sims 3 a lot. I also need to finish Skyrim and I've got some other games to play too, such as Oblivion.

I already have 3 games lined up to buy next year - Sims 4, Dragon Age: Inquisition and Might and Magic X.

I also really want to try the Assassins Creed games because I think some or all of them are on PC too and the new one looks AMAZING in the advert!

I played Skyrim a little bit on my Xbox. Got a mate who has Skyrim on PC and said its amazing. And you can get some cool patches too add on.

I would certainly recommend the Assassins Creed series. My favourite was AC 2. Need to finish AC Brotherhood and wasnt a fan of Revelations and again with AC 3 that also needs to be completed.