perfumes and aftershaves

i recieved some joop homme for christmas from the Oh, and its the best smelling aftershave i have ever recieved, she agrees it is gorgeous. a friend of mine has also said he wears it and all the women come flocking. so im wondering, what does everyone wear to get that sexy charm?

I'm not clued up on this, but all I know is that when a platonic lady friend tried Jean Paul Gaultier's Classique Femme at a duty free before our flight home from holiday, I had to hold back from trying it on with her the whole 3 hour flight.

Certainly not anything Paco Rabanne, one Xmas I ended up with 3 of them... Horrid stuff, it made me smell like a musk rat (I assume). I tend to use Aqua de Gio, Chanel Homme or something, CK one and Euphoria. I also have some Ben Sherman stuff that smells surprisingly nice. I tend to go for quite citrus and woody smells, something a bit softer than the stuff that wreaks of testosterone, I'm sophisticated don't you know?

I'm wearing my OH's aftershave as we speak, i'm fairly sure i should smell of something more feminine than lemon and cedarwood

For once in my life i have to disagree with WandA, (sowwy ) i love Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet on a man. On a woman, you can never go wrong with a dab of Davidoff Cool Water. Yum.

I think Paco Rabanne is okay. Not my favourite but okay.

On a woman I like Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue

For myself I like Hugo Boss (original one or the Orange Ball one) or my favourite and most expensive one is Armani Mania

Dissent! I demand a rethink from those traitorous objectors!

I've not smelt UV, perhaps that one is nice... One of these rubbish ones (too rubbish to use as carpet freshener) was called something like XS. Perhaps they're just too manly for me.

Ohh i don't like XS either. See, i'm worthy of forgiveness. UV is a bit yummy though.

dkelly wrote:

i recieved some joop homme for christmas from the Oh, and its the best smelling aftershave i have ever recieved, she agrees it is gorgeous. a friend of mine has also said he wears it and all the women come flocking. so im wondering, what does everyone wear to get that sexy charm?

OMG joop!! I love when a man wears it - I just want to bury my face in his neck!! I have to be very careful sometimes on the bus - I wouldn't want to get arrested for indecent assault!!

I like Elizabeth Arden: Provocative Woman, Anna Sui: Secret Wish, SJP: Lovely & Davidoff: Cool Water

I love JOOP worn it for years but these day's I wear Million and drives my girl friends bonkers. Even my male friends have moved over to it.

I think the same aftershave smell's totally different on guy's ! I use a afterhave balm after shaving and this causes the cent to be different than if I use directly onto the skin.

What use to pull the birds years ago and I confess to using it was BRUT 33 or for men......!! Spash it on all over.

Found Joop! years ago, both me and the GF wore it (smelled different, but good!). Lately haven't had much call for smellies, but am determined to make the effort this year since Mrs M just said how nice I smelt when wearing aftershave.

Weirdly, I love the Lynx smells, but they make me feel 15 again (not necessarily a good thing!)