pheremone sprays

im not sure if this is exAAAACTly the right area for this post as theyre not a 'toy' as such ... but having noticed all of the pheremone sprays and candles in the sex toy tester list , ive become curious as to wether anyone's tried them before and if they actually work ?

i do remember seeing them in various comedy films/programmes & the jokes being about unpleasant odours .. but this was years back and im quite sure 'recipies' (??? is that the right term ?? concoctions ?? who knows ) have been refined since said movies or whatever were made

i love the idea that a spray will *finally* snag me a handsome dude , but i will admit to being sceptical .

I've never tried them, I've always been of the opinion that it just won't work and it will give you a placebo affect and make you feel more confident, thus appearing more attractive because you're outgoing and not huddled in a corner hoping someone talks to you hehe :)

THAT would do nively as well lol ! im a massive fan of placebo effects . just not if said placebo makes you smell a lil bit like a drop of cat tiddle :/

rubysoho wrote:

im not sure if this is exAAAACTly the right area for this post as theyre not a 'toy' as such ... but having noticed all of the pheremone sprays and candles in the sex toy tester list , ive become curious as to wether anyone's tried them before and if they actually work ?

i do remember seeing them in various comedy films/programmes & the jokes being about unpleasant odours .. but this was years back and im quite sure 'recipies' (??? is that the right term ?? concoctions ?? who knows ) have been refined since said movies or whatever were made

i love the idea that a spray will *finally* snag me a handsome dude , but i will admit to being sceptical .

I have never tried them personally, but I have heard that a lot depends on the quality of the pheremones whether natural or synthetic. I think the LH ones look like they are good quality.

Cat Lady wrote:

I bought a tiny one and it doesn't do anything :( Shame because I genuinely need help in that area!

:'( you & me bothe kittycatlady x

rubysoho wrote:

Cat Lady wrote:

I bought a tiny one and it doesn't do anything :( Shame because I genuinely need help in that area!

Me three! :(

Never tried them but really interested to see if they actually work.

SophieM wrote:

rubysoho wrote:

Cat Lady wrote:

Me three! :(

Never tried them but really interested to see if they actually work.

Me Four x

Cat Lady wrote:

I don't recommend the Mojo Pro.

Definitely think I prefer the look and sound of the new one's LH have just recently added to the site. I like the sound of what they smell like aswell.

Never seen any proof of it working to be honest.

yeah they sound like ... placebo effect or not you could wear them as a lovely perfume an gain a nice confidence from that like when i wear my favourite perfume i catch a whiff e very now an then and smile :)

Scientificly conducted studies have never shown any proof that humans can reliably detect or react to pheromones, but the placebo effect could give you more confidence while wearing them which is always attractive :)

rubysoho wrote:

yeah they sound like ... placebo effect or not you could wear them as a lovely perfume an gain a nice confidence from that like when i wear my favourite perfume i catch a whiff e very now an then and smile :)

Exactly! I just love fragrances and body sprays anyway as they make me a bit more confident, but if these new ones do work and don't have the placebo effect it would be an added bonus!

I have heard of top branded fragrances actually containing pheromones, but in all honesty I don't think they actually do. I doubt there has been proper tests done on them as well to know for sure. It would be nice to actually find something that smells gorgeous to the wearer whilst at the same time possibly helping to attract the desired sex...

I had the pheromone sprays on my desk the other day, testing them out, writing the product descriptions. They all smell amazing and they do contain real pheromones. How effective they are would need to be field tested!

I can confirm though that my left arm did smell very manly and gorgeous, while my right arm smelt very pretty (to the point where I am actually going to buy the 'After Dark Arousing Pheromone Spray' as it's so yummy!).

I went on a date that evening and asked my chap to sniff me (apparently this IS appropriate for a 4th date lol) and he agreed they were very nice, but I think the concoction of all 4 scents at once was a little much for him to say whether they actually worked or not.

I really look forward to seeing the reviews on these. I personally liked the sprays because they smell gorgeous, but the candles and mist I think could be a great enhancement to the bedroom.

I think they all good so nice! Perfect to set the mood.
Might have to buy some for me and my partners first Anniversary! =)

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

I had the pheromone sprays on my desk the other day, testing them out, writing the product descriptions. They all smell amazing and they do contain real pheromones. How effective they are would need to be field tested!

I can confirm though that my left arm did smell very manly and gorgeous, while my right arm smelt very pretty (to the point where I am actually going to buy the 'After Dark Arousing Pheromone Spray' as it's so yummy!).

I went on a date that evening and asked my chap to sniff me (apparently this IS appropriate for a 4th date lol) and he agreed they were very nice, but I think the concoction of all 4 scents at once was a little much for him to say whether they actually worked or not.

I really look forward to seeing the reviews on these. I personally liked the sprays because they smell gorgeous, but the candles and mist I think could be a great enhancement to the bedroom.

Morning Jess, That is sooo funny! Loving the left arm/right arm method of testing!!

i was really interested in this thread as i also wondered if these products actually worked unfortunatly I never seem to attract the opposite sex but if a man is wearing Joop i so want to jump on him there and then no matter how ugly or good looking lol

I've looked at these on the site several times and always wondered if they worked but didn't want to buy them incase it was a waste of money. Can't afford to buy things that I'm not 100% sure about because maternity pay is crap! Can't wait till I'm back at work and can afford to shop more x

I've tried a couple of these (and reviewed one, not sure if I reviewed both) and I'm really not sure whether it is a placebo effect or not. I did use one with a regular partner a long time ago and he seemed to focus on the area I had sprayed it on (my neck).

If I'm going on a promising date that I'm particularly nervous about, I do tend to use one. Even if it is just a confidence boost, I see it as a good thing.

I'm really looking forward to the reviews on the candles to see what affect they have. Especially since LH Jess said the sprays smell so nice, I hope the candles are the same!

kelly_michelle wrote:

I've tried a couple of these (and reviewed one, not sure if I reviewed both) and I'm really not sure whether it is a placebo effect or not. I did use one with a regular partner a long time ago and he seemed to focus on the area I had sprayed it on (my neck).

If I'm going on a promising date that I'm particularly nervous about, I do tend to use one. Even if it is just a confidence boost, I see it as a good thing.

yup sounds about right :)