Phrase / Philosophy of the day

For reasons that must remain obscure, today I'm thinking about the R. J Mitchell quote "If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: it's all balls."

I hope he's right.

best friends role in the same gutter

Not so much a phrase but my philosophy in life is happiness. Simple as that - I always aim to be happy in everything I do because we only get one chance at living and I want to be happy!

It's argued that being an atheist makes you less positive - I'd argue the opposite - I have no second chance to enjoy my life :)!

Adx

from the failed commander (but makes me laugh)

"Sir, the enemy have us surrounded"

"Excellent - we can attack in all directions"

HellsBells72 wrote:

from the failed commander (but makes me laugh)

"Sir, the enemy have us surrounded"

"Excellent - we can attack in all directions"

I love this!

Love life and be happy doing it - u never know whats around the corner!

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Not so much a phrase but my philosophy in life is happiness. Simple as that - I always aim to be happy in everything I do because we only get one chance at living and I want to be happy!

It's argued that being an atheist makes you less positive - I'd argue the opposite - I have no second chance to enjoy my life :)!

Adx

Well said hun! I'd probably argue that those who follow religion (organised religion) are less likely to achieve true happiness. I don't believe you can ever be truely happy when living your life for another person.

Completely agree - your life is what u make of it and what u as a person decide is best for you, your happiness and well being! If you safe in the comfort of following a book of rules set out by someone thousands of years ago then thats your prerogative but don't condemn those that are happy not to! (no offence intended to anybody) x

Mehh, I don't like religion with its sexism towards women and all that. But since crime's on the rise, we should be asking ourselves if the lack of religion is somewhat causing this to happen. And it is a bit sad how we should only have sex after marriage. How are we any different to all other animals?

Oh, right, yeah. A quote from Oldboy: 'Even though I'm no more than a monster, don't I too have a right to live?'

You don't need to be religious to know right from wrong, good from bad and whats acceptable and whats not.

Priests are a classic example that even if u do believe in God it doesn't make u an amazingly moral person. So many priest's abused their power by fiddling with young boys (and sometimes girls) so is religion really the answer for the evil crimes in the world, when so many crimes have been committed by religion itself?

Again this is just my opinion and what i believe. Everybody is diff and believes in diff so I hope i haven't offended.

x x x

Yeah, I know that! XD But rewind one or two hundred years when practically everyone believed in religion. They'd have lived by the rules in fear that they'd be cast into Hell. Now, there aren't any rules except for the ineffective ones of the law. If we're gonna die, we're gonna die, says nearly everyone now who'd normally be a Christian if it wasn't for the downfall of religion.

The most dangerous thing about crossing a line is not knowing that you already have

Miss Behaviour wrote:

The most dangerous thing about crossing a line is not knowing that you already have

How apt Miss Behaviour x

Today is-

Whats is meant for u will not pass u by.........

x x x

Laugh in the face of adversity.

(I have to do this frequently.)

Smile and the world will smile back at u

x x x

Miss teach&nurse wrote:

x x x

smile and everyone will wonder what you have been up to!

xGGx

you never know what you had untill it has gone....

Miss teach&nurse wrote:

x x x

This reminds me of Old Boy: "Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone."

But yeah, I've been smiling like a moron and I don't know why. It just makes me feel better when I'm smiling like a moron.

i love the smiling like a crazy person or having a moment while out shopping while ur thinking of something funny and u have a little giggle to urself......

Now i sound crazy but meh

Keep Smiling x

Lol, me too. I just think of something randomly that I've seen before and just end up giggling like a maniac. Oh, happy days...