Places to go for the weekend

Hey guys and girls,
Just wondering, when you have spare time with your partners or friends where do you like to go?

I like to take my OH to the theatre and concerts and a few small cafes and restaurants up and down the country and wondered have you got any little secret places you like to get away from everything?

Museums, restaurants, theatres, parks, theme parks, zoos etc

I love grabbing something from a fast food place or a sandwhich and heading to primrose hill for the afternoon as it's quite local.

The last few weekends away we have done beeston castle and Sunday just gone we did lyme park(the home of mr darcy apparently).

We joined the english heritage and national trust

It is a way of relaxing before we go back home to the kids

Mr H

I was tempted to join the trust, I do just love spending time away from everything and everyone with my partner, we find our silliness when alone again.

Iv heard Lyme park is beautiful so I'll add this to the list!

We are planning many other weekends away. They tend to be only one night but tend to follow the same flow. Check in ....lots of fun.....nice meal(all dressed up) more fun.... sleep....more fun....breakfast......check out then a nice walk around somewhere.

Mr H

Weekend?

What's a weekend?

Xxxxxx

lovingnewtoys wrote:

Weekend?

What's a weekend?

Xxxxxx

Its one of those times when you catch up on all the sleep you missed during the week, at the end of which you start all over again. Doh

Modo wrote:

lovingnewtoys wrote:

Weekend?

What's a weekend?

Xxxxxx

Its one of those times when you catch up on all the sleep you missed during the week, at the end of which you start all over again. Doh

No - don't get one of them.

I get to work Saturdays and some Sundays - aren't I the lucky one.

All who do get weekends off - enjoy xxxx

We are lucky enough to have passes to our local zoo and the national Trust so often go to one of these on the weekend with the family. Spending time together is what we look forward to ☺

We take our kids to museums, wildlife parks, nature reserves etc. We live in a rural location so we aren't too far from lovely places.

If we are lucky enough to have the kids away we tend to sit in our pants, eat pizza, watch TV and play video games. Sometimes we will game together, sometimes separately but there's always pizza and I wouldn't change it for anything. This weekend is pizza pants weekend woohoo!

lovingnewtoys wrote:

Modo wrote:

lovingnewtoys wrote:

Weekend?

What's a weekend?

Xxxxxx

No - don't get one of them.

I get to work Saturdays and some Sundays - aren't I the lucky one.

All who do get weekends off - enjoy xxxx

Haha, I'm with LNT on this, Saturdays are the last day of my shifts, all 12+ hours, and a now with a few Saturday nights of playing (the most likely playdays apparenty) coming into our lives, my insomnia better behave on Sunday mornings LOL

I love that everyone seems to enjoy going to zoos, museums and checking out nature as much as us. I thought I was getting old but I just love a nice walk with my partner, we find ourselves again which is always a little magical. When we have the kids then it's a few trips
To the park and some pants and pizza when they finally get down to bed

We use our national trust passes and explore... Love them... We all get exercise... See some beautiful places and it tires the kids out.. Win win 🙌 we also do family swimming... Or if the weather is crap it's movie and popcorn day 😀

Sounds perfect Aims, I really am going to look into a national trust pass as we all love getting out in the open and it tires the kiddos out so much. Also it's nice to have a little kiss or two in a hidden area when me and my partner are alone, totally innocent of course

LIL_KNOWN69 wrote:

Sounds perfect Aims, I really am going to look into a national trust pass as we all love getting out in the open and it tires the kiddos out so much. Also it's nice to have a little kiss or two in a hidden area when me and my partner are alone, totally innocent of course

Yes we usually do 😀 They're so worth it, depending of course and what you have around you, though we also travel to some further afield and use them when visiting family/friends and UK holidays 😀 Does us all good getting outdoors, clears our heads and stops the kids scrapping!!

I love going to museums. I used to volunteer in a local history museum's learning department and since then I've become one of those overenthusiastic visitors. I cannot stop asking questions when I go into a museum. I try to stop myself but I'm bubbling over with curiousity.

I also like sitting outside a cafe, slurping on a milkshake as I people watch.

as a family we spend quite a chunk of our time together at the beach. we went last weekend to teach my youngest to ride her bike and then had chips for lunch.
when it's just me and hub, we usually go out for a meal and cinema which is what we are doing for my birthday weekend this week.

Aims85 wrote:

We use our national trust passes and explore... Love them... We all get exercise... See some beautiful places and it tires the kids out.. Win win 🙌 we also do family swimming... Or if the weather is crap it's movie and popcorn day 😀

love the National Trust. We have had passes for years and the kids love them!