Plus size or not.

Hi I want to buy my wife some lingerie or costume as a surprise she is a size 16 in normal clothes but has a mummy tummy and has left her feeling body conscious do I but her size 16 or do I go 18 which comes into the plus size category obviously I don't want to offend,and how are basques sized is it on dress size or bust size.

they say if your buying a basque you go the next size up to what you are, they are some nice things in the plus size which says fits all with no size on so your wife will not know good luck

im a curvy 16 with a mummy tummy and big boobs :)i find the underwear on lovehoney does come up small so i always go a size bigger than what i would usually buy

LilMissMardyBum wrote:

im a curvy 16 with a mummy tummy and big boobs :)i find the underwear on lovehoney does come up small so i always go a size bigger than what i would usually buy

Thanks so if the item says it will fit 16 to 18 are you saying I should get 18 to 20 it is really confusing.

what is it you are looking at buying, some of the lingerie does have a bit of stretch to it ,and you can adjust the straps,i bought this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22023 in a 16-18 i have a size 40D chest and it fitted nice, it does have some stretch to it ,but i would have felt more comfy in the 18-20 in the boob area also the tummy area :) i guess it depends how big your oh is some 16 women are small some bigger :)

shall just put a pic of me up in that so you can see my shape and size if that helps you,as i maybe bigger than your oh so would give a rough idea its very confusing i hope you manage to get the right size :) im sure she will love whatever it is in whatever size it is

LilMissMardyBum wrote:

what is it you are looking at buying, some of the lingerie does have a bit of stretch to it ,and you can adjust the straps,i bought this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22023 in a 16-18 i have a size 40D chest and it fitted nice, it does have some stretch to it ,but i would have felt more comfy in the 18-20 in the boob area also the tummy area :) i guess it depends how big your oh is some 16 women are small some bigger :)

shall just put a pic of me up in that so you can see my shape and size if that helps you,as i maybe bigger than your oh so would give a rough idea its very confusing i hope you manage to get the right size :) im sure she will love whatever it is in whatever size it is

I would love to buy her a chemise or a nurse outfit or maybe a basque although that might be pushing it a bit I would also love to buy her stockings but she is a large 16 with 38c boobs. and has big thighs but I love every inch of her,I don't want to ruin the thought by getting something too small I know you can send it back but it would spoil it.

i have yet to buy a basque from lovehoney as the sizes confuse me in those,but i would love one i understand how you feel its hard for me buying lingerie and im a women,so as a man its a mindfield,nothing wrong with big thighs bless so sweet that you are going to this effort for her :)

Have you looked for any "one size fits most" lingerie?

Just a thought...

Sum Sub wrote:

Just a thought...

now that is a great idea Sum Sub the one size fits must seems like a perfect solution to these problems,but i find the one size fits most, for me it doesnt really fit above a 14,as the range starts from a size 8 upward its difficult for me to find a perfect one size fits most,being a 16 for us bigger ladies if you are a 16 upwards you maybe be pusing it buying a one size fits most :(

could be worth a try though you never know it may well be a solution

LilMissMardyBum wrote:

Sum Sub wrote:

Just a thought...

now that is a great idea Sum Sub the one size fits must seems like a perfect solution to these problems,but i find the one size fits most, for me it doesnt really fit above a 14,as the range starts from a size 8 upward its difficult for me to find a perfect one size fits most,being a 16 for us bigger ladies if you are a 16 upwards you maybe be pusing it buying a one size fits most :(

could be worth a try though you never know it may well be a solution

I see

I bought my OH this: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=24779

Firstly it is VVVVVVVVVVVV sexy, but secondly the entire back is lace-up, and could conceivably fit any size, all that would change is how much back is visible. I seriously cannot tell you how sexy it is!! Plus it is much shorter than it looks on the model, so bum cheeks a-plenty :)

lol now that is very sexy on me it would be a tank top hee hee

that I'd like to see ;)

oh another stalker lol

I'm a size 16 and it depends on what sizes are avaible in the garement i like useually if its a one size garement i'll buy the plus size for the extra room. lovehoney do some lovely plus size lingire. good look for finding something for your wife i think shes very lucky!

Sum Sub wrote:

that I'd like to see ;)

oh another stalker lol

oh im feeling rather spoilt lol

with LH's excellent returns policy you could always exchange the lingerie or clothing for a larger/smaller size if it doesn't fit

I'd say avoid anything 'one size' I find most of the 'regular' sized items are supposedly suitable for sizes 8-16 which is clearly not true. I find most wouldn't fit anyone bigger than a 10-12. If you go for 'plus size one size fits all' she might be offended? That all depends on how she feels about her body though. The sizes here tend to vary from brand to brand so I'd suggest buying the right size as well as a size above and then return the one that doesn't fit.

PinkPolkaDot wrote:

I'd say avoid anything 'one size' I find most of the 'regular' sized items are supposedly suitable for sizes 8-16 which is clearly not true. I find most wouldn't fit anyone bigger than a 10-12. If you go for 'plus size one size fits all' she might be offended? That all depends on how she feels about her body though. The sizes here tend to vary from brand to brand so I'd suggest buying the right size as well as a size above and then return the one that doesn't fit.

She is very body conscious but that is a good idea about getting two sizes and sending one back,certainly food for thought just had a look so much to choose from.