Polite Notice - Writing in all caps / bold / text speak

Hi everyone!

This is a polite reminder to ask members to please not write entire posts in ALL CAPS, bold, header font (html etc), underlined, or italic. 

We have noticed recently that a few members have a tendency to use one of the above formats most (or every!) time they post, so thought it was time for a gentle reminder.

We have this rule in place because everyone's posts are equally important and using one of the above fonts makes your post automatically stand out more than the rest, which isn't fair. It's also VERY time consuming chasing around editing these posts back all the time.

(The only exception to this rule is when a moderator has an urgent / pressing message which you really all must see!)

In addition, for the sake of making messages as clear as possible (and increasing your chances of getting an answer you're looking for) be aware of spacing (paragraphs help a LOT), spelling and grammar wherever possible, and please never use text speak (please!!). 

Follow these links to refresh yourself on the Forum Rules and Photo Guidelines if you're at all unsure. 

That is all. Over and out! 

![](upload://pDRq4MrqduKnYuoJVhQ6SMPaI3q.jpeg)

Oh, for sure. We'll make that another exception to the rule.

PIZZA FTW 🍕 🍕 🍕

Ok, i dont want to offend anyone or be an issue but sometimes I will CAP a certain word for emphasis and in the affirmations thread I used a bit of bold for the actual "affirmation" within the post to help someone who was skimming. If we are not to use that at all I understand and want to respect the rules I guess I am a bit confused is this ok? As I read above you seem to be referring to the enitre post but I woudl rather double check than be on someone's naughty list.

Ok, i dont want to offend anyone or be an issue but sometimes I will CAP a certain word for emphasis and in the affirmations thread I used a bit of bold for the actual "affirmation" within the post to help someone who was skimming. If we are not to use that at all I understand and want to respect the rules I guess I am a bit confused is this ok? As I read above you seem to be referring to the enitre post but I woudl rather double check than be on someone's naughty list.

Hey

Please do continue to use the bold / italic / CAPS functions within posts - it's what they're there for. I'm simply referring to members who insist on writing entire posts in a crazy font!

Sorry for any confusion

I thought when I seen these earlier I never write in capitals. Just done a post and realise when I write a abbreviation for couple looking to spice things up I write CLTSTU is this ok Jess? Or do I need to write it in small letters?

I don't think you'll be 'told off' for using caps like that Bondagegod, most people do when using that abbreviation of our name.

MM can you please stop shouting 😉

MM you're being too loud. No pizza for you young lady.

MysticalMayhem wrote:

I THINK JESS JUST MEANS POSTS LIKE THIS THAT ARE ALL CAPITALS OR BOLD ETC. IT LOOKS LIKE I AM SHOUTING AT YOU!!!

^^ This and only this is what I mean.

I am only referring to members who write their entire post in bold / italic / caps / underlined etc. 

Please carry on using the features where it is grammatically correct to do so, or where you feel it is appropriate. 

Thanking you! 

Thank you Jess.

Actually, there's another very important reason not to write the whole post in caps, italics, or whatever: It makes it more difficult to read! And I'm sure I'm not the only one who simply does not bother reading anything I find difficult to read...

Talia wrote:

Actually, there's another very important reason not to write the whole post in caps, italics, or whatever: It makes it more difficult to read! And I'm sure I'm not the only one who simply does not bother reading anything I find difficult to read...

+1 👍

What about writing in chinese? ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

😂

That a good one JM88. If you don't laugh you'll cry.

*shudder* Don't take me back to that last night , it still haunted me as I went to bed 

I WANT PIZZA lol sorry joined the conversation late, but pizza does sound lush right now x

ME TOO READSAL! lol xx

When you say not to use text speak, do you mean I can't say 'lol' anymore? I will try my best, I'm a serial loler :/ on the plus side though, I don't write LOL ;) x

Vanilla_Kink wrote:

When you say not to use text speak, do you mean I can't say 'lol' anymore? I will try my best, I'm a serial loler :/ on the plus side though, I don't write LOL ;) x

So am I and on OK er . I think they are referring to every other word .

Edit, sorry.