Poll - e-books

Hey All!

I’ve got a question that I would love to get your feedback on!

Would you like to see Lovehoney offer e-books?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

6 Likes

I can wipe my screen much easier than paper pages.

14 Likes

Yes, makes life a little easier to be subtle when out and about :joy:

2 Likes

Not sure i want to know what you are wiping off buddy lol.

Im sure there will be some desire for e books but i dont read e books myself

1 Like

Depends on who the writers were, what the content was etc.

A certain massive online e-book store is full of crap “erotica” that has been self-published.

How would you vet the books etc, also it depends on the content as well. Would you have a filter system in place to allow me to search for what to look for and could it be offered at a competitive price?

Sorry, I realise that’s a load of stuff, but I just wanted to play Devils Advocate as it were and determine how this would work.

If it’s implemented well then I guess it would be cool, but I think I’d want to know that the work is good.

6 Likes

I read a lot of smutty ebooks on my kindle. Another source would not go amiss!

2 Likes

Absolutely.
I am with @MyDeviantVirtue though on the quality of the literature. There are 000’s to down load but most are not worth reading unless you pay decent money for them.
If you get a quality book though it can be very enjoyable.

4 Likes

I love the idea! I do share my kindle with others though, not sure they would appreciate it so much :rofl: maybe I’d need a new one. Or a format that would work on a computer. As you can probably tell, I have absolutely no idea how these things work!

There are some things I prefer in e-book form and some things I prefer in paper form. The content LH would produce is likely something I would prefer in e-book form. Like @Labyrinth said, it’s more discrete when out.

I’d be unlikely to read them so voted no, however it is a greener alternative to paper books.

I voted yes although it would depend on what types of books they were (sex facts/information, erotica, guides etc?). The main things I would look for:

• The author would be a big thing for me. Particularly if it was factual stuff/guides I’d want to know they had the relevant knowledge/qualifications (although I have no doubt they would with Lovehoney).
  • I like to be able to read a short snippet before purchasing an e-book so I can see the style of writing.
  • Compatible with tablet/phone.
  • Price of e-book would also be a factor but that is probably obvious :blush:
4 Likes

Excellent points @SexInTheCity x
If you are thinking of erotica, it would be helpful to have an idea of content so that people with particular triggers can avoid certain topics (such as BDSM, spanking, pain, non-con etc.) That’s probably a bit obvious but, as someone who has had certain triggers (generally now a problem put behind me), I have been caught out in the past by seemingly innocent books.

Have you considered audiobooks, like shorter ones that you could listen to with headphones on or whatever? Could be good. Xx

1 Like

I was also thinking about information books as well as novels. You have a lot of “how to” information for those new to sex toys, sexual health, and other content. It would be good to have a trusted source of information and education.

1 Like

@Sparkle_Skies - Audiobooks are always good - but that’s just my opinion, and yours. :wink:

1 Like

Did you know there’s a Kindle app for Windows PC and I think for Mac products​:grin:

I didn’t know that! Thanks for the tip @Rock_Hopper. :grin: Like I said, I’m not exactly good with technology. I was quite ill for most of my 20s and didn’t keep up with things, now in my 30s I feel like I have missed a decade! I guess I need to sit down and look things up but don’t really have the motivation yet. Just catching up on lost time in other ways! :joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

There’s also Kindle Cloud Reader which you can use from a browser, so you don’t have to install a Kindle app on your phone / computer. IMO the reading experience is better in the apps but the browser one can be handy for a sneaky read ;0)

It’s not a problem, I have to help IT issue’s for the family (dad’s 89, mum 86, and brothers in law are in 70’s) makes a change to help someone at least 20 years younger​:smiley: