Postage increase

So only 2 to 2 and a half years ago postage was free with a £10 spend, now it's upto a £30 spend. And to add insult to injury the cost of postage has gone up, albeit not by much but the point is in less than two years the free/cost of postage has gone up, and not just that there have been some significant price increases which I predicted will continue to occour.

I think it's gutting and am sure I'm not alone!

We've seen some enormous increases in prices, great schemes been discontinued amongst other things! Does anybody else feel hard done by with all this?

It is disappointing - but what I find most disappointing is the fact that these changes occur without any pre warning.

I find myself making less orders, but when I do order I try to make sure I go over the free postage bracket.

I find it makes ordering the essentials harder - lubes etc, so they have to wait until I am ordering a pricier item. Unfortunately that's not very often these days as money is becoming increasingly tight :(

Xxxx

I think we were lucky the postage on Lovehoney was as reasonable as it was for so long. It was always a lot less than many other companies, and significantly less than all the other sex toy retailers, at least the well known ones that I had used myself.

I always think to myself that I know I can go and buy a lot of the things I do from Lovehoney from a local sex shop, so no postage at all. But I choose to buy from Lovehoney because of the other benefits that far outweigh the postage. And I know not everyone has somewhere local, or wants to go to the shops, or may phyiscally not be able to get out. But I'm generalising.

I've bought things from other sex toy/BDSM equipment sites, when purchasing things Lovehoney just do not stock and will be unlikely to due to the nature of the items, and I'm usualy looking at spending over £50 before my postage is freeand usually only get 14 days to return the item, if it's faulty or unopened.

I know I sounds like a big meany, but when Lovehoney give us so many great benefits it baffles me that every now and again someone will have a moan about the postage. I've never been informed by any other site I use when they makes similar changes, so don't see why Lovehoney should be any different. I think we are truly lucky they are as transparent as they are when they can be.

I'm sure most people will disagree with me though, I seem to be in the minority on this subject.

@LadyS - you have many valid points tbh - I think we are just so spoiled by LH that it hits hard when changes are made - which I think is basically what you are saying - so far from disagreeing with you, I actually do agree.

The fact remains that I do have to make 'considered' purchases rather than 'spare of the moment' ones (which in my opinion are the best because somehow they feel that bit naughtier), but sobeit xxx

365 day no questions asked returns policy. Worth its weight in postage. Ive used it twice on really expensive items. More than pain for any postage increases. The minute that disappears will probably be the only time I'm gonna have a little rant.

Paid* not pain

Okay it's not just about the postage, in the last two and a half years we've seen the fantastic OH point scheme changed to a less superior one, the postage went up from spend £10 to £20 & now to£30 to get free postage. Now additional costs been added.

There used to be superb luxury dotds and dotws but now they're few and far between (granted Valentine's week had decent ones.)

In the last year (and I'm being generous,) the 3 products for £50 & the 3 for £75 gone, the dotw has been discontinued. There's been some price increases on certain products too unfortunately 😕

There's most likely more I'm forgetting.

I'm very, very concerned that the 365 returns policy will disapear. Personally I've only ever used it for faulty products.

Just wanted to voice my opinion on all the changes (probably should of chosen a more significant title for the thread 👍💗xx

The thing about postage is that 's a valueless part of any on-line purchase,, not just LH. I worked for an on-line company that when they knocked a fiver off their core product the uptake was about 20% as an average on usual order numbers. When they did free postage (saving £2.75) the order sky rocketed by 35-50 % - go figure that out....

I agree with Lady S, if you bide your time there are deals out there that can dwarf the cost of postage overall.

The price increases can't be be helped on brands like Lelo and Vixen as they've put their MAP up and stockists can't below that. Other retailers will have to increase the prices of those brands too over the coming months. I know it's frustrating but there's not much that can be done about it unfortunately.

I doubt they'd ever get rid of the returns policy as that's one of the main things that keeps people coming back. I don't think you have to worry about that happening! I've only used it once to do an exchange but I love the reassurance of it X

LadyS wrote:

I think we were lucky the postage on Lovehoney was as reasonable as it was for so long. It was always a lot less than many other companies, and significantly less than all the other sex toy retailers, at least the well known ones that I had used myself.

I always think to myself that I know I can go and buy a lot of the things I do from Lovehoney from a local sex shop, so no postage at all. But I choose to buy from Lovehoney because of the other benefits that far outweigh the postage. And I know not everyone has somewhere local, or wants to go to the shops, or may phyiscally not be able to get out. But I'm generalising.

I've bought things from other sex toy/BDSM equipment sites, when purchasing things Lovehoney just do not stock and will be unlikely to due to the nature of the items, and I'm usualy looking at spending over £50 before my postage is freeand usually only get 14 days to return the item, if it's faulty or unopened.

I know I sounds like a big meany, but when Lovehoney give us so many great benefits it baffles me that every now and again someone will have a moan about the postage. I've never been informed by any other site I use when they makes similar changes, so don't see why Lovehoney should be any different. I think we are truly lucky they are as transparent as they are when they can be.

I'm sure most people will disagree with me though, I seem to be in the minority on this subject.

I agree completely. It is still cheaper to buy things from Lovehoney than to buy things here in Croatia. When I order stuff from Lovehoney amount is usually higher than 30 pounds so it's not a problem. The fact that they are changing things within a year is another plus.

Slinky I remember being put out by all the changes you've mentioned when they happened, it did seem like a whole lot was happening at once and that we were all being hard done by. I pretty quickly forgave the changes after thinking about them though as it was all explainable or understandable and quite often out of Lovehoney's hands, and overall for me it's still cheaper to shop here than anywhere else even with paying for postage etc. I think Lovehoney were just offering a too good to be true service before the changes to be honest. There's always a money off voucher out there somewhere that will balance things, which isn't something you find elsewhere. The one change I still grumble about is that the 48 hour delivery never reaches me in 48 hours anymore, although I guess that's not exactly a Lovehoney change haha.

I guess like many I'd put up with anything that enables the company to continue offering the 365 returns service, losing that would be a real blow!

Prices are on the increase accross the board. Mainly due to the weak pound .I bought some goods over in the States and got a miserly 1.20 dollars to the pound. 12 months ago I would have got around 2 dollars to the pound.

It's not a good time but until the pound strengthens against other currencies things will get worse before they get better .

When did the postage increase? I can't say I actually look at the postage, I just roll with it.

I doubt the 365 return policy will go. I have never seen a company offer this ever unless of course it's a product with a warranty but even then it has to be faulty to return it. It is a unique selling point that will get people coming back over and over and over again.

I compare it to a Freddo. They were 10p a while back, I bought one today and it was 26p! I was shocked at the price difference but it was still delicious! 😉

How about Lovehoney prime where regular customers pay a yearly fee to cover postage and get additional benefits.
Like an online shop named after a River.

One for the suggestions thread maybe AsYouWish?

I'm still annoyed by the end of free postage several years ago!

Sum Sub wrote:

I'm still annoyed by the end of free postage several years ago!

Ah yes, I remember that. Pretty much any awesome deal of the day would be heading my way. I'm partly grateful for the postage increase as I put more thought into my purchases. Think of all those random buys you'd do if it were free and the amount you may end up sending back if you didn't like them, or think about the bill adding up. Just putting a positive side to postage, although I think spending £30 to get it free is a bit much some times.

As @tiger dick points out, one of the biggest incentives to buy is FREE P & P.

Now that's gone I've stopped most if not all of my impulse buys, and if I can't reach the limit for free p & p then I give up and empty my basket.

Same with the PRIME suggestion (please NO). I've stopped a lot of purchases on that sight too simply because of them trying to make me pay for something I don't want.

Much easier to go to another sight and get free p & p. My choice, their loss!