Pregnancy

CheekyGirl congrats. We're the same, the baby is very active and freaks my oh out so sex is limited. Are you getting a choice between section & natural? I'm hoping for natural.

Boogaloo wrote:

innocent-fun wrote:

Boogaloo, I really hope things work out for you. I understand your concerns about getting pregnant but rest assured there's plenty the doctors can do to help. I have VVS, a condition that causes my blood pressure to fluctuate and I faint, sometimes without warning, labour is daunting to me because if I experience pain i can faint so I'm a little worried about that but know I'll be in safe hands. At least you're being sensible and want to settle into a house and your finances, we jumped in the deep end and struggled for the first few years financially.

That must be scary ![](upload://f8zGclFeQx35HwZLqJ7J1rFzQ0n.gif) Are you able to have a natural birth or will you opt for a c-section just in case?

I've been told I might not be able to have a natural birth due to my brain thing so that's upsetting, as I'm dead set against c-sections unless it's an emergency (for me, not for other mothers). I think I'm only allowed to try pushing for 30-60 mins, then it has to be a c-section. That sounds like a lot of time but I bet it isn't enough when you're actually doing it haha!

I wish you all the best for your labour, I'm sure the doctors and midwives will look after you well and keep a close eye on you ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

I've had it for years, so it's just a way of life for me. I'm hoping for natural though I will be monitored throughout anyway because of that and the previous section. I really don't want a section because the recovery is horrendous but we'll see, if it needs to be that way then so be it.

Congratulations everyone. My OH delivered our third about 3 months ago.

Congrats AsYouWish, have the sleepless nights stopped or become less regular yet?

He wakes once a night unless he is unwell so not too bad. You get used to it. You have to work hard as a couple too as young babies are exhausting and emotionally draining. It is important to look after each other.

@boogaloo Please note that they can't force you to have a c-section or push for only a set amount of time, legally, it's all up to you regardless of what they think. I'm not saying to not follow their advice, as I'm sure they have good reasons, but making you feel forced or forcing you to give birth a way you're not comfortable with they can't do. You may want to chat and read some of the positive birth movement stuff :-) they provide lots of handy, legal and sensible advice for modern mum's to be.

Anyway, I'm due late May, but expected sooner, and have a home birth planned (but back up hospital plan in place if needed, but should be unlikely).

Only cons are a midwife messing up my notes causing bookings to be longer and appointments with people I didn't need to see. Such a waste of time and so stressful.
Also apparently having trans family members was put down as a possible issue at the home booking, which really is interesting as to me it shouldn't matter. Will write about that in the future though and keep meaning to blog about what happens at the home meeting with photocopy of the check list.So many people seem to ask about them.

Pros, was told I basically couldn't have kids due to hormone issues, and was going to stop for a few years and focus on work before trying IvF.So pro it happen naturally even if I had an amazing career opportunity just in the works.

Oh other considerations, hayfeaver and heart burn....

Lady Ness wrote:

@boogaloo Please note that they can't force you to have a c-section or push for only a set amount of time, legally, it's all up to you regardless of what they think. I'm not saying to not follow their advice, as I'm sure they have good reasons, but making you feel forced or forcing you to give birth a way you're not comfortable with they can't do. You may want to chat and read some of the positive birth movement stuff :-) they provide lots of handy, legal and sensible advice for modern mum's to be.

That's really good to know - I'll check that out when the time comes ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

AsYouWish, luckily my oh is very attentive and very helpful with the kids and about the house. He knows how to handle me too, so he doesn't mind telling me when I'm in the wrong, which obviously (me being a woman) isn't very often but is extremely hard to accept lol.

Lady Ness, that's superb, congrats on conceiving naturally against odds :) and for being able to plan a home birth, hope all goes well!

Hello fellow mums to-be.

I am 31 weeks and 3 days preggers with my first baby at 33 years of age. We're expecting a girl at end of May, and moved to our new home in November just before the first scan. We've been gradually getting things sorted around the house and bought a family car, as we have a dog as well.

Pregnancy-wise, everything has been mostly ok thus far, but I am starting to get uncomfortable now. Over the past week, I feel like I have a large bump pressing against right side of my ribcage, so wondering if that is baby's head. Seeing the midwife tomorrow so will hopefully find out more then, and get my recent blood test results back. Also have back ache and feel like I'm starting to waddle. The urge to pee is near constant, and bowel movements are sometimes difficult (sorry too much info), but I'm sure it'll be worth it to welcome our daughter into the world.

I need another scan at 36 weeks to check my placenta, as was found to be lying low at the 20 week scan. So hoping it's come up, so I can have a natural birth. Feeling a bit apprehensive about the whole labour experience, and still need to make a birth plan. Started antenatal classes though.

Any advice from those that are already mums is welcome! Congrats to those of you also expecting :)
Just hope I can be a good mum and work out my baby's needs from an early stage.

Unfortunately due to severe OCD about germs and incontinence fears i can't have children, i have had a fair few dreams lately where i'm heavily pregnant though.

Unsurprisingly enough (seeing I have never even had a partner), I have never been pregnant. One day, I would definitely want to have a baby - I do not expect I will be able to find a daddy for him or her, though. I really, really hope that donor insemination for single women becomes legal over here before I am too old to have children...

Luv bunny, don't worry about motherhood, you will definitely be able to meet your baby's needs. You'll find it'll just become instinct. Congratulations. It will be great, holding your baby for the first time will be fab.

VirginAngel, that's a shame. Are you okay about not having children?

Briona, you never know, you're still young, you could still meet a potential daddy yet.

@boogaloo, they also welcome people trying to conceive. Very friendly bunch and great support group. They're on facebook and you can message them privately about any issues and questions you have and they'll put it on the page (keeping your identity secret of course). You'll be surprised how many people reply with helpful answers, from real life, medical articles, and even advice for free from professional doula and midwives =).

@I-F thanks, and yes, I'm glad I'm having a home birth, although I'm glad I've learned so much along the way too, as I always thought that it was the people in charge of your medical needs during pregnancy who decided, but nope, it's all down to you. Although I think really it's like anything you have to make sane sensable choices and things, but it's nice how much choice and freedom you really have.

Lady Ness, that's really great, you sound like a really strong person, I envy that. At least you're know what you want and will give it a try but are open to alternatives if the situation calls for it. I imagine some extremely people take too much risk sometimes. Me, sadly I'm not strong enough. I'm not very good with pain and blood and goo (lol) so I'm happy enough to leave things in the medical professional's hands. The baby has gotta be born, I don't really mind how.

innocent-fun wrote:

Lady Ness, that's really great, you sound like a really strong person, I envy that. At least you're know what you want and will give it a try but are open to alternatives if the situation calls for it. I imagine some extremely people take too much risk sometimes. Me, sadly I'm not strong enough. I'm not very good with pain and blood and goo (lol) so I'm happy enough to leave things in the medical professional's hands. The baby has gotta be born, I don't really mind how.

I get that, it needs to come out no matter what ;-)

I think I've gotten use to ick from Domming and looking after animals. Both very messy at times....

Pain I will be using some methods I learns during tantra to help with, and try and keep active during labour as it's meant to help.

innocent-fun wrote:

CheekyGirl congrats. We're the same, the baby is very active and freaks my oh out so sex is limited. Are you getting a choice between section & natural? I'm hoping for natural.

Id like to try naturally but im not allowed to go overdue to risk of still birth being high as diabetic so placenta will deteriorate quicker. Ive yet to book my section date in but looks like he will arrive between 19th june and the 26th. yes mine is active in mornings mainly and has afew pops in evening. X

My little one is extremely active, hardly ever stops moving bless him/her :) every scan I had they couldn't believe how lively my baby is! Lol

CheekyGirl18 wrote:

innocent-fun wrote:

Id like to try naturally but im not allowed to go overdue to risk of still birth being high as diabetic so placenta will deteriorate quicker. Ive yet to book my section date in but looks like he will arrive between 19th june and the 26th. yes mine is active in mornings mainly and has afew pops in evening. X

All the best hun, hope everything goes as smoothly as it can. I'm due 2 days after you the 28th of June :D

Thanks lollipop I had my growth scan yesterday chunk is 3lb 1oz already :) cant wait to meet him, ordered my car seat today for journey home x