Prevaricating to my Parents about my Parcels

Being fearful of encountering judgement when entering high street stores, I have no doubt in the advantage of online sites, like Lovehoney, who have opened a whole new world of anonymous and guilty free commerce.

However living with my parents I commonly encounter the modern day issue of having to come up with an alibi to cover up my provacative purchases.

Nothing seems to excite them quite as much as picking up a parcel to figure out it's addressed to me. I suppose its partly down to their curiosity but mostly they worry about what I'm spending all my money on.

Does anybody else have this issue? What do you say when your parents/flatmates ask you what your parcel was?

Lovehoney now have an option so you can collect from your local post office, and many users on here have taken that option to avoid any suspicion. My mother has been here once when I've got a parcel and I told her it was books for uni. But if I was at home I would probably choose the post office option to avoid any suspicion. Some people just tell their parents, but my parents are old fashioned and I don't have an open relationship with them in that way. So I prefer to remain secretive about it, after all, it's no ones business but my own :)

That post office option sounds good, what a great idea for those that need it. If that isn't any good for you, do you have any hobbies? Could possibly tell them it's suplies for that.

I was about to suggest this, but MrsMcX beat me to it - lol. Here is the LH Link explaining how 'local collect' works :) x

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2014/02/19/local-collect-explained/

I only had one parcel come when my sister was in/getting ready for work bit awkward she wanted to find out what I got so I had to make something up but after that she hasn't be in as for me i wouldn't think of it there not really that calm about dildos ect as of my sexualty from my father tho plan to move out in the near future

Living in a student house theres no shame when a LH parcel arrives, which seems fairly often! Everyone is just jealous and wants to know exactly what is inside!

As I don't live alone I aim to be the one who opens the door to the postie when expect any LH goodies if it's a jiffy bag or small box something small I stuff it under my jacket if it's a bigger jiffy bag I hide it in my bag till there's a safe moment to rush upstairs with it, if it's a big box I I hide it behind my box of shoes next to the door till it's safe to rush upstairs with it, if someone gets to it before me with the smaller packages I can pretend I've bought a game for my PS2 off eBay and they believe it

Tell them your friend has a sex toy addiction, and because her parents open her parcels you've said she can have them delivered to you. Lol

Gentle giant wrote:

Tell them your friend has a sex toy addiction, and because her parents open her parcels you've said she can have them delivered to you. Lol

Haha, this is my favourite suggestion, I would definitely do this one :)

LadyS wrote:

Gentle giant wrote:

Haha, this is my favourite suggestion, I would definitely do this one :)

I only stole Amanda's post above and twisted around.

I have mine delivered to work now! Its great! Luckily no nosey colleagues questioning me yet...I'm storing up the non specific 'friends bday present' for when the time comes.

I live with my other half so the only issue with delivery is I'm never in and the post office is always shut!! Plus, I love being able to suprise him with new presents!

Why don't you as previously mentioned use the Local Collect option

Luckily i dont have this issue any more as i live in my own place but when i did live with my mother i just came up with some story and go onto a different topic so she wouldnt ask too many questions.