problem with delivery

Hey there, Lovehoney community.

I've made my first order recently, but i'm sadly disappointed... It's been almost a month since my order was dispatched, and i haven't received it. I told Lovehoney (through live chat) that my order didn't get here, so they promptly sent a new one. Neither the first nor the second order ever got to my address.

Are there any other Portuguese customers who have had this problem?

Thanks a lot

Are you sure you gave them the right adress?

You can track your package on the Royal mail website (I don't know if it's what they use to ship things to portugal). I'm from Canada and the package I ordered took a long time to get here but I could track it on the site and now I know what took a long time (traveling from one continent to another, which here is not your case).

I'm not a portuguese customer but this doesn't sound right at all! I'm wondering if it's perhaps stuck with Customs? I'd double check your address just to make sure it wasn't sent to the wrong place and if not then I'd contact Lovehoney again, they might be able to chase it up for you! You should have tracking information on your confirmation email, has it been updated at all?

To all: usually international parcels in the EU are shipped with regular Royal Mail, so no tracking code is available.

StardustJu, I am not from Portugal, but have been a very frequent customer to Lovehoney for more than 2 years now (around 100 orders), and up until recently I lived in Italy. In all this time there was only one very small (envelope) parcel that arrived later than it was supposed to, like maybe a week later, and that was probably due to customs (can't know for sure, but my package was opened and resealed and one out of three knickers was missing which was swiftly resent by Customer Care though). ALL the other orders got to me in time and about 95% of them were sent out with regular untracked airmail (so Royal Mail + Italian Post which also means my postman just threw my boxes inside the gate of our palace even when I wasn't at home), I'd say about 25% 1-2 days earlier than estimated, 65% on the exact estimated date and 10% 1 day later than expected. I never had any parcels missing (except one that was sent out by them to my previous Italian address instead of the new EU country I currently live in - but this was due to a mixup and again, Customer Care arranged for a replacement to be sent out to my actual address when we realized what went wrong). I have also made a few orders from my current country and all of them were delivered too.

So believe me when I say, something is off with your order, and I don't think it's due to Lovehoney. Check and triple check your address in the confirmation emails, and if that is right, either it is held up in customs, either it was stolen by your neighbours. Or by your postie, you never know.

era wrote:

To all: usually international parcels in the EU are shipped with regular Royal Mail, so no tracking code is available.

StardustJu, I am not from Portugal, but have been a very frequent customer to Lovehoney for more than 2 years now (around 100 orders), and up until recently I lived in Italy. In all this time there was only one very small (envelope) parcel that arrived later than it was supposed to, like maybe a week later, and that was probably due to customs (can't know for sure, but my package was opened and resealed and one out of three knickers was missing which was swiftly resent by Customer Care though). ALL the other orders got to me in time and about 95% of them were sent out with regular untracked airmail (so Royal Mail + Italian Post which also means my postman just threw my boxes inside the gate of our palace even when I wasn't at home), I'd say about 25% 1-2 days earlier than estimated, 65% on the exact estimated date and 10% 1 day later than expected. I never had any parcels missing (except one that was sent out by them to my previous Italian address instead of the new EU country I currently live in - but this was due to a mixup and again, Customer Care arranged for a replacement to be sent out to my actual address when we realized what went wrong). I have also made a few orders from my current country and all of them were delivered too.

So believe me when I say, something is off with your order, and I don't think it's due to Lovehoney. Check and triple check your address in the confirmation emails, and if that is right, either it is held up in customs, either it was stolen by your neighbours. Or by your postie, you never know.

This is really helpfull Thanks you for the information!

Hi StarjustJu 

I am sorry to hear you have been waiting so long for your order. I see you have contacted customer care with your details so that is a good start. They will make sure you are not out of pocket or parcel. 

Have you checked with your local postal service to see if there are any recent issues? I belive that the local postal service is CTT. 

I hope that one of them arrives soon ![heart|20x20](upload://4WyQT1gwKaQJNwhYxrKZ1rOPglF.gif "heart")

era wrote:

Actually, that's not quite correct: Shipments to France are normally shipped Asendia/Colissimo (French Mail) (except over Christmas/New Year when they weren' available and Royal Mail jumped in), with tracking number and notification e-mail a day before delivery (which doesn't need a signature, but my postwoman takes everything that doesn't fit into the letterbox back to the post office - and she makes a note of the delivery on her sheet). So far all my shipments have arrived, the worst delay was something like two weeks, normal are five working days.

There are no inner-european Customs controls any more, so that excuse falls flat!